Off Topic Messages

Johnny Reel - Norwegian Elvis Tribute Artist website

Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:39 pm

Hi all,

For those of you that is interested in hearing soundclips and photos of Johnny Reel he has now his own website. He sings very, very good and be sure to check out his versions of "Hurt", "We Can Make The Morning", It's Midnight" etc on this site.

http://www.johnnyreel.tk

For those of you who DON'T like tribute artists, don't even bother to respond... 8)

Tace care,
Ken

Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:13 am

Sometimes......nothing is as eloquent as silence 8)

Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:52 am

Good Job on It's Midnight.

I think you should give up the jumpsuits. They are not flattering on you at all (they were not flattering on Elvis from about 74 on).

See I have no problem with guys jamming using Elvis' songs but what really gets me is when they strap on the jumpsuit and try to mimic his look.

You look absolutely nothing like Elvis, as a matter of fact, the fact that you are trying is what feeds all of the negative fodder for the tabloids and such. People who are less informed than ourselves will look at you and assume that is how ridiculous Elvis looked during the 70's.

Drop the black hair dye, sideburns, ridiculous jumpsuits and just sing the songs.

If you want to do what you say which is to "honor Elvis" then you will heed my advice post haste! As at the moment you are doing more to tear him down than 1 million Albert Goldman books.

I am sorry, as I know this post can do nothing but come across in a negative manner but this is just the way I feel.

As I said though I really enjoyed your rendition of It's Midnight.

Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:20 pm

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. I jsut wanted to clear that it is NOT me on the photos. I am not Johnny Reel, I just wanted to let a few people know about his site thats it. :lol:

But I do understand what you mean and I totally agree with you. I just think he has a good voice.

All the best,
Ken