Off Topic Messages

Some DVD's I Just Purchased!

Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:12 pm

I just purchased these dvd's; I would like to recommend them to everyone:

SANFORD & SON Season #6 (final season). Mine came with a small booklet with show information and photos - very nice. :D

MASH eighth season: Some hilarious episodes and some tear jerkers (Radar leaves and Klinger stops wearing dresses :( )

HOGAN'S HEROS (season 1): I know nothing!!!!!!!! :P

THE A TEAM (season 2) 8)

THE DUKES OF HAZZARD (season 3) Basically the same plot in all episodes, but still love those "Daisy Dukes" :shock:

DRAGNET 1967: Just the facts - this is one cool show! 8)
Last edited by Big Boss Man on Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:34 pm

Some excellent choices Boss Man, especially Mash, what a classic! Speaking of Mash, I remember going to the bar in 1981 where they were showing the final episode, which is unheard of being it was a major sports bar. That's how great that show was.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:59 pm

Joe -
The last episode was in February 1983.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/tv/mash/guide/

Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:24 pm

Joe -
The last episode was in February 1983.

Thanks Rob. Now looking back, 83 does sound right.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:08 pm

Rob -
Cut Joe some slack. After all he was at a bar. And that Canadian beer is some good brew!

Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:00 am

Its really irritating that All In The Family doesn't come out faster.

Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:13 am

genesim

Congratulations for your 4000th post.

You should leave it at that.

:twisted:

Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:24 am

Yep

Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:31 am

Too late. :P

Hey as far as DVD's go, there is one set that is DYING to get released.

The Green Hornet! Only one frickin' season. It would be a crime to not see Kato outside the O.J. trial!

Re: Some DVD's I Just Purchased!

Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:29 am

Big Boss Man wrote:I just purchased these dvd's; I would like to recommend them to everyone:

SANFORD & SON Season #6 (final season). Mine came with a small booklet with show information and photos - very nice. :D

An absolute classic.....

MASH eighth season: Some hilarious episodes and some tear jerkers (Radar leaves and Klinger stops wearing dresses :( )

A great show until Alan Alda turned it into a maudlin and pretentious homage to his enormous ego. The real M*A*S*H died after Larry Linville and Mclean Stevenson left.

HOGAN'S HEROS (season 1): I know nothing!!!!!!!! :P

HOGAAAAAAAANNN!!!! :D

THE A TEAM (season 2) 8)

Even "My Mother The Car" was more deserving of a DVD release. This show was a steaming pile of excrement.

THE DUKES OF HAZZARD (season 3) Basically the same plot in all episodes, but still love those "Daisy Dukes" :shock:

The car and the shorts alone make it worth the price......and I can be talked out of the car :wink:

DRAGNET 1967: Just the facts - this is one cool show! 8)

Jack Webb.....nuff said. A classic!!

Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:13 pm

The O.J. trial
might be the next one to be out on dvd.
and O.J. be doing the Commentary on the dvd set.

Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:01 pm

You mean "The Killer".

What is next Karla Homolka commentary of her Christmas Party tape(sorry, hubby not available...yet) She'll be out soon....with added bonus on the "Party Girls" prison photo opps.

Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:38 pm

Torben wrote:genesim

Congratulations for your 4000th post.

You should leave it at that.

:twisted:

Add the other 11 to date he's posted as Monika as well :wink:

Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:40 pm

King Steve

Plus the several hundred he posted as Curtis.

Re: Some DVD's I Just Purchased!

Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:34 pm

Scatter wrote:

A great show until Alan Alda turned it into a maudlin and pretentious homage to his enormous ego. The real M*A*S*H died after Larry Linville and Mclean Stevenson left.
[/color]

I completely agree Scatter! From the time they dispensed with the still, started calling Hot Lips Margaret, and let Alda use Hawkeye increasingly as a mouthpiece for various social commentary it went downhill.

Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:16 pm

Any of you guys seen the original "Sanford and Son", made in England called "Steptoe and Son"

I must admit, I have never seen the US version, but the British version is one of my favourite comedies of all time.

I highly recommend it

Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:15 pm

I told ya once.....I told you a thousand...she is my secretary!

++++++++++++

Seems that alot of great sitcoms started as British comedies...though if your show follows the trend, well Sanford and Son should be better.

Man About the House turned into 3's Company
Till Death Do Us part turned into All In the Family.

Though in all fairness lets look at the talent..Carol O Connor, Rob Reiner, Jean Stapleton

John Ritter, Suzanne Sommers

Red Foxx!!!

That to me is more the indicater. BUT I am willing to give most any of the British counterparts their due for at least having a good original idea.

Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:34 pm

Genesim,

The original British "Steptoe" will take some beating... I can sit and watch that show over and over and I never get boared of it... Never.

It's great television...... and I see the BBC are getting there act together and releasing the complete second season in August too... which is fantastic news. Even though the first four or five seasons are black and white, they're still great. The colour ones are better obviously because of the quality, but I love 'em all.

What about shows like Fawlty Towers, Porridge, Only Fools and Horses or One Foot In The Grave... are these available or shown in the States or not.

Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:42 am

I have seen the us version of STEP TOE & SON = CRAP.

Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:30 am

monika wrote:Yep

monika, is that YOU in your avatar??? :P

Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:36 pm

minkahed wrote:

Yep :wink:

Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:36 pm

Joe I have always been curious and I am glad that the shows are getting some interest. Perhaps I will give them a watch.

Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:31 pm

monika wrote:
minkahed wrote:

Yep :wink:

Yeah, right! This all sounds very familiar.

Tom