All right, you got me.

It's a fair cop.

I admit it.

I am Priscilla.

Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:00 pm

Any suggestions for the song content?

Anyone remeber "Hit & Miss Judy" by Wreckless Eric? :shock:

Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:49 pm

tupelo_boy wrote:Any suggestions for the song content?

Theme Song: "Devil In Disquise"

N8
...just a fan....

Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:39 pm

Yeah, I was reading where she said everyone knows the Elvis story, but no one really knows her story. There is a reason for that--NO ONE CARES!

Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:26 pm

KHoots wrote:Yeah, I was reading where she said everyone knows the Elvis story, but no one really knows her story. There is a reason for that--NO ONE CARES!

BINGO!!

The point is lost on Priscilla. I've also heard that she's thinking of adding more of her personal items to the Graceland Tour displays .............. she's convinced it will increase attendance.

Stranger things have happened. If there is a market for MMM owned items .................... there is a market for anything. :wink:

It's a common malady in the Elvis-World. Those who were around Elvis actually begin to think that they too were a part of Elvis' fame. Hell, it even extends to some today who never even knew Elvis.......yet call themselves "World-Renowned" this or "World Famous" that .............

..........delusions of grandeur............

N8
...just a fan....

Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:00 am

A point worth remembering is that Priscilla was actually Elvis' wife. This was the case whether we like it or not. And the fact is that after Elvis died she was the only one prepared to stand up and try to save the estate. Yes, she may have done it so that Lisa had a nice little earner when she grew up, but the point is she did it. Initially she took over running the estate so that it would be ready for her daughter when she came of age, but when Lisa reached 30 she handed most of the duties back to her mother anyway. Therefore all the key decisions regarding the estate have been, and remain, within the realm of Elvis' family.

Don't forget that all who have had but the briefest association with Elvis have gone on to make money out of the fact. Now, Priscilla may well decide that some of her possessions may boost visitor figures, and she could be right. But so what? That's her perogative. It's not a question of sinking to any depths, it's a matter of trying to find ways of keeping the thing going for as long as possible. Priscilla is always going to be damned if she does, damned if she doesn't. I'm glad she did.

Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:39 am

Stephen Butler wrote:A point worth remembering is that Priscilla was actually Elvis' wife. This was the case whether we like it or not.

Another point worth remembering was that Pris. was also his EX-wife. It really isn't a case of "liking" it or "not", .................. the point is - who cares.

Stephen Butler wrote:Therefore all the key decisions regarding the estate have been, and remain, within the realm of Elvis' family.

I agree, it is for the best that things remain "in the family." It doesn't matter who is in charge - there will always be skewed interests served. I'm also glad Graceland is open to the public. I've been a happy customer more than once.

Stephen Butler wrote:Don't forget that all who have had but the briefest association with Elvis have gone on to make money out of the fact.

Yep, ............. and there are also numerous cases of those who had no association with Elvis doing the same thing - even today.

Stephen Butler wrote:Now, Priscilla may well decide that some of her possessions may boost visitor figures, and she could be right. But so what? That's her perogative. It's not a question of sinking to any depths, it's a matter of trying to find ways of keeping the thing going for as long as possible.

Uh, Steph., ................ my comments about Pris.'s motives for placing more of her items at Graceland to boost attendance was --> tongue-n-cheek.

As has already been pointed out several times in the above threads - who cares.

N8
...just a fan....

Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:59 am

A point worth remembering is that Priscilla was actually Elvis' wife

Past tense: she was his wife

Present tense: she is his ex-wife (and will always be just that. Ex)

:o

I noticed that the Graceland Auto Museum already includes one of her cars on display and above it they hung a giant 5' portrait of Priscilla.

Maybe encased in glass they will display on a mannekin, the dress she was wearing the night she claimed Elvis r---d her.

Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:29 am

I suppose Priscilla has every right to produce a Broadway musical about her life, but it is a bit egotistical for her to assume there is a wide audience for such a vehicle. I could see, perhaps, an "Elvis and Me" musical project, but to concentrate solely on her life?

I cannot wait to see how she chronicles her life post-1977.

Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:44 am

Elvis saw the good qualities in her but no-one here seems to.

I hope you all enjoy knocking one of the few people Elvis ever really loved in his life!!

Promocollector

Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:13 am

Priscilla has done her fair share of knocking Elvis whom she loved.

The tell-all book, the made-for-TV movie, the Broadway play, etc, it's to get her own justified sympathy and attention and image-makeover.

Consider this.................

Lisa Marie is doing the same now pursuing self-attention and an image makeover - except she says nothing terrible about her Dad at all - but shocking things about herself! lol

Lisa is more respectful to Elvis than Priscilla is.

Why?

Because there's no such thing as an ex-daughter.

The World has enough Ass-Kissers & Boot-Lickers ... as i

Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:10 am

"Lisa is more respectful to Elvis than Priscilla is.

Why?

Because there's no such thing as an ex-daughter."

HAHAHAHAHAHA! This is very TRUE!

LMP :wink: is cool. If there is one thing I respect in others ....... it is straight shooters. MGM.. is, if anything, .... THAT.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"I hope you all enjoy knocking one of the few people Elvis ever really loved in his life!!"

I do love the way some people try to twist things all out of proportion.

Case in point: I propose that Elvis loved his mother Gladys more than any other person who ever lived on this earth ............ I wouldn't say a single bad word about her .................... but NOT because she was Elvis' mother .................... but BECAUSE she seems to have been a genuinely decent person in life.

If you want "good" things said about you, .............. then you first have to DO good things to merit it.

Thanks for the Graceland tours Pris.! There, ............ my token offering of appreciation.

Other than that, I honestly just do not care for or about Priscilla. A "Broadway" musical about her life .................

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

N8
...just a "fan".... (an "independent" thinking fan..)

Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:38 am

So what your saying is that it's ok to be a bad father and husband,if your Elvis Presley, but your ex-wife and daughter can't say anything bad about you, because your Elvis Presley!!
Case in point: I propose that Elvis loved his mother Gladys more than any other person who ever lived on this earth ............ I wouldn't say a single bad word about her .................... but NOT because she was Elvis' mother .................... but BECAUSE she seems to have been a genuinely decent person in life.

And what did Priscilla do that's so bad,IMO she was one of the very few to stand up to Elvis and get away from his messed up existence.

Promocollector

Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:02 am

Promocollector wrote:So what your saying is that it's ok to be a bad father and husband,if your Elvis Presley, but your ex-wife and daughter can't say anything bad about you, because your Elvis Presley!!

And what did Priscilla do that's so bad,IMO she was one of the very few to stand up to Elvis and get away from his messed up existence.

Promocollector

PC - you are twisting my words .... A-G-A-I-N.

Was Elvis a bad husband? Yes. FWIW, I don't think Pris. was such a good, upstanding, moral wife either.

Was he a bad father? Depends, ........ but I say, generally, "No."

You've got me mislabelled if you think I am one of the fans that thinks Elvis walked on water. Far from it.

Pris., IMO, speaks with a forked-tongue. She will do or say whatever reality dictates so that fortune's tide will turn her way. Smart-cookie, no doubt, .............. but not a genuinely good person. Mind you, that is JMO.

N8
...just a fan.... (of EP, not EPE)....

Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:47 am

Fact is Prisiclla willingly severed her intimate ties to Elvis and went her separate ways"

She has dished dirt on him big-time. Back in the 80s when the media was making fun of Elvis anyway (he wasn't appreciated as he is now). She just buried him deeper as mentally-abusive, violent, threw a flashlight at her, overdosed her when pushing her to try pills, and the biggie...a rapist.

How nice. :? Tear down the man you want people to travel all the way to Memphis to pay their respects too. That's twisted behavior on her part.

Building her own Prisiclla Museum is a self-centered "what about me" approach similar to the attempt Col. Parker made in the mid-1980s to open his own museum.

True story = Faron Young stopped by Parker's house in Madison (suburb of Nashville) and saw a work crew pouring concrete for a parking lot. Faron asked, "What are you doing Tom?'

Parker replied, "I'm building a Colonel Tom Parker Musueum."

Faron Young laughed at him and said, "Who the hell cares about Tom Parker!"

----------------

Where Priscilla is concerned, she has a whole corporation in her back pocket who wouldn't dare say "Who the hell cares about Prisiclla Presley."

No, she is deemed as equally important at the Estate and she'll probably get the extra space for own personal effects on display (a few already are) and her musical or whatever.

Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:49 pm

G.G

She pays your wages, doesn't she!! lol :lol:

Promocollector

Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:42 pm

I don't think that the issue of whether Priscilla was Elvis' wife or ex-wife at the time of his death holds any relevance whatsoever. The fact is she would have become his ex-wife when he died anyway. (Please don't let this turn into "if she had stayed with him he would still be alive" discussions.) The key issue is that she was the only one who was related to Elvis at one time to save the estate. Who else in Elvis' family could have done it? Vernon? I am convinced that Graceland would not be open to the public today were it not for Priscilla. Now, how the estate is run is something with which we might not all agree, but the fact that it is run at all is a Good Thing.

Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:23 am

Promocollector,

You seem to miss the point. Whether Elvis loved Priscilla at one time or not does not automatically mean we should be interested in her life story on Broadway. Call it a knock against Priscilla if you wish, but aside from her association with Elvis, her "story" does not carry much relevance.

Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:43 am

The point i am making is that some people seem to think that all Priscilla did was take his name and use it for her own good. A lot of people on this m.b have a grudge against her but for the life of me i can't understand why.
If what she has said about Elvis is true including the rape, then she had every right to say what she said about him, and turn it into a movie.

This post is another example of people wanting to knock someone that has spoken out against Elvis.

If the TCB band decided to put their show on broadway (their life with Elvis)would you have a go at them.I doubt it!!

After all they only existed for 8 yrs in Elvis' life and all were dispensible except for James Burton. If a member of the TCB band was in your town, Elvis fans would queue around the block to meet them but not for Priscilla,why?

JMO Promocollector

Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:06 am

PC wrote:

"A lot of people on this m.b have a grudge against her but for the life of me i can't understand why."

Wrong A-G-A-I-N.

No grudges.

I just don't care for "plastic" people ............... "famous" or not.

BTW, ........ PC, ........... I'm not star-struck by The TCB Band either. :wink:

N8
...just a fan....

Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:33 am

N880EP

Anytime Priscilla's name gets mentioned on this m.b, it is treated with contempt!
It has NOTHING to do with her being a "Plastic" or shallow person(if that's what you mean) but it's because of what she said about Elvis in her book.

Read the Posts about her and you will understand the bad feeling amongst Elvis fans towards her.

She's not the first to think herself important because of her association with Elvis and she won't be the last but i personally think that she deserves a lot of credit for being a very young woman under the very strong influence of Elvis Presley and standing up to him and leaving him for a no-body.She left the money,fame and envy to have a normal life.
No-one else around Elvis did that.
We all wish more people would have stood up to Elvis and make him realise what he was doing to himself, and she was one of the very few to do just that.
IMO if there had been more people willing to walk away from Elvis, then he might have realised what he was doing to himself and the people around him.

Promocollector :P

Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:04 am

Why actually does she deserve "credit" for that? If she's unhappy leave. Elvis didn't have a gun to anybody's head (well sometimes he sorta did in some of his whacked out states), Priscilla and the guys in the Memphis Mafia didn't stay because Elvis forced them. He wasn't some Mafia don or some dictator. They stayed because all of the disadvantages of staying with Elvis were outweighed by the advantages. It was no monumental act of courage (other than the courage millions of other husbands and wives leave marriages for the unknown) to get a divorce. Arguably, Priscilla had a lot less to lose than many other wives since she was assured of a lucrative settlement.

Opening Graceland was an inspired move (though she probably had advisors). But she does not keep it open out of the goodness of her heart or to perpetuate Elvis' legacy: It's a cashcow.

For people who don't understand the bile against Priscilla, I counter I don't understand the admiration and fascination. She is an interesting figure for one reason and one reason only; she was married to Elvis Presley.

The only thing I personally have against her (other than some of Graceland's merchandising) is the fact that she takes a large share of credit for Elvis' posthumous popularity. The man was the biggest cultural phenemenon of the second half of the 20th century. He did pretty well without her help.

Comparing a play about Priscilla versus a play about the TCB band is apples and oranges. The TCB band might be able to tell us something about Elvis the artist, the reason we still care about him.

Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:03 pm

I have nothing against Priscilla other than to say she tends to inflate her self-worth too much. Sure, several people around Elvis have done that. I don't care for anyone who does that.

You said it yourself--if a member of the TCB Band appeared in my town, there would be a queue around the block for them, but not for Priscilla. That is exactly why I find it strange she would venture to put on a Broadway musical about her life.