Off Topic Messages

matchbox twenty

Tue Jun 10, 2003 3:57 am

anybody here like matchbox twenty? I think they are a good group
I think Rob Thomas is a good songwriter as well.
I figured is someone could post something about Robert Goulet :?
I would post who i like as well..LOL.. chris

Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:09 am

I dig MB20.

"Long Day" is a rocker than got my attention back in 1997.

I used to date a girl who was studying to get ASL certified to work with the deaf/hearing impaired and she could sign language the lyrics to "3AM" and her personal favorite "Long Day". That is something unique to see as the song is playing.

In 2000, I arranged for 2 free tickets for my Brother & Sister-in-law to see them play nearby. It was a surprise gift from me since the concert coincided with their wedding anniversary.

I was very impressed with "Bent" and "If You're Gone" and "Mad Season"
but I don't like that new song "Disease"
(yuk! who wants to go around singing along I got a disease! I got a disease! If you were in public listening thru walkman headphones, people around would think you were nuts to hear you saying: I got a disease, I got a disease! lol)

Unattractive lyrics. Rob needed better than he made up for that tune.

But imo, they are a great band with potential for longevity.
Last edited by Graceland Gardener on Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:31 am

My wife is on a huge Matchbox 20 kick these days. I guess I now know what it feels like to have the shoe on the other foot.

MT

Tue Jun 10, 2003 1:57 pm

Like Bono and Saddam Hussein, Matchbox Twenty deserve to burn in hell.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:27 pm

Strong words there curti....I mean Keith. Care to back them up with some coherent thoughts.

Tom

TINC

Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:34 pm

Leave me and Mr. Simpkins alone, please.

We is jus trying To Get
along With people's.

And We Are Elvis Fans So
well you Jus trying to Get Along.

With Us.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:54 pm

Well, I can certainly understand the compassion. You guys share the same brain. Have fun simplekins.

Tom

Chris,
As far a MB20 goes, I like them very much. "Yourself or Someone Like You" is a classic and the new CD is great as well.

Tom

Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:40 am

Tom, ,as always a great read. :lol:
as far as the new mb20 cd i have not heard it yet,, but i do like the single,, "unwell"... i sometimes feel like relate to it,, LOl.. chris

Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:28 pm

The lead singer is talented, interesting song writer and different type of voice.........

However I would like to say regarding the song "Smooth" which the lead singer from Match Box sang with Santanna, a number of years ago and helped Santanna hit Number One on the charts.........

I was actually very impressed with the version DC did of this song.....in fact i like it better than the Original even tho of course the Original is a classic as well........still DC did a Great job.........an Elvis would have even done a better job !

For stuff like this it helps having someone like DC do the song,..I would have not thought in a million years this would have or could have been a song for Elvis........but DC proved it certainly could have worked for the main Man if he would have been alive to sing it as well.

Have any of you heard the DC version to make comment?

PEP 8)

Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:56 pm

DC ?

Dick Clark?

Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:02 am

Graceland Gardener the fellow I was talking about is Doug Church, keeping an open mind whether it be him or really anyone......I'm still not interested in listening to Doug Church http://www.kingtinued.com/ if he is singing music which Elvis recorded himself ,.....because more so than ever one can really tell then that none sound like Elvis at all on Record when there is a reference by Elvis,.........

However if they are doing music using the Elvis tone like Doug Church and by the way Jamie Aaron Kelly http://www.jamieaaronkelley.com/index.htm
does a pretty good job too with his voice, just haven't found a whole lot of material which Jamie has recorded so far that I like.

For me anyway I found it to be kinda interesting nevertheless to listen to these guys for the fun of it,...for the most part i found some good version's of songs that would have worked for Elvis "Smooth" was a good example....... by Doug Church.....

By the way since I brought this up another interesting fellow recorded some material in the Elvis tone a few years ago where i really like his choice of material, however he wasn't that great of a singer but his band was cookin'.........the fellow is from Germany and he called himself the KING........

http://www.gravelands.com/

Hope that helped

PEP 8)