Off Topic Messages

How Do I Get Pictures Downloaded

Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:59 pm

Can anybody help! I don't understand how to get pictures into the text, I've been reading the F A Q and I don't get it.

Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:26 pm

To make it appear here as an image, you need to put image tags around it. So this is what you do at "post a reply" page:

First click the Img button and then you put the link right after it, then you click the Img button again.

[img]The%20web-address%20of%20your%20pic%20here[/img] Image

Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:49 pm

Thanks Very Much Swedish, I'll give it a try

Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:54 pm

What's Happened, I got a Red Cross.

Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:57 pm

http://www.solid-gold-elvis.com/picture ... logo.jpg...
You should take away the 3 dot after .jpg

Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:23 pm

Should Be a picture of Elvis in Peacock suit.

Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:25 pm

Still not right, I don't understand it

Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:46 pm

SORTED, THANKS VERY MUCH SWEDISH
Last edited by Joe Lightcloud on Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 08, 2003 10:57 pm

Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:43 am

When I first saw that pic' I thought it was an impersonater!weird.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:01 pm

Don't mention Impersonators to me, can't be doing with them. Shoot 'em all. Anyway the suit is too good, definately THE KING

Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:44 pm

"Honest opinion, what do you think of these weirdo's, I think they give Elvis and his fans a bad name. Since when did Elvis walk round town in a jumpsuit, with a big black wig and sunglasses. These kind of people are crackpots, I have even had the unfortunate pleasure to talk to some of 'em. They even try to talk like him, "Thank you very much baby" and the likes. They are loonies.

Jump Down, Spin Around, Let's Have a Party
Look Who's Back"

Joe,
If you don't want anyone to mention impersonators to you, why did you start a thread about them on this very board??? That makes no sense at all.

Tom

Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:44 pm

Because I can't stand 'em, are you one of these jumpsuit idiots who give Elvis fans a bad name. I've put up with comments from the general public, for years about my taste in music, all because of the jumpsuit brigade.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 8:49 pm

WOW!!! Kinda touchy about it aren't you. I was just curious as to why you would start a brand new post if you hate them so much (which you obviously do.) Also, just FYI, I'm not a current or former ETA, but thanks for asking.

Tom

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:02 pm

I do hate them yes! I'm not touchy about nothing, I was just wondering if other fans hated 'em has much as I do. That's all. What's these FYI and ETA all about.
Like I said earlier, if there gonna do a tribute, fair enough, a tribute to Elvis... on stage.. great, good luck to them, but surely these guys who walk round dressed up all the time, pretending to be him, surely you must agree, they are nutters.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:06 pm

Nutty as a fruitcake.

FYI=For your information
ETA=Elvis Tribute Artists

Tom

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:22 pm

These people who I am on about are not Elvis Tribute Artists believe me, they probably only own Elvis's Forty Greatest Hits and perhaps the Moody Blue album. They have no idea on the man, what's oh ever.

How about this for you then, I was in town yesterday, this guy came in to the record shop. Aloha belt, sunglasses, red shirt and black pants, OK.
I was talking to my mate who works in the shop, also an Elvis fan.
We had to laugh at the guy, unbelievable.
He eventually came up to the counter and asked what album he could find the song "Girl Of My Best Friend" on, as he thought it was on an album he had bought earlier called ELVIS 30 #1 Hits.

I mean, Jesus Christ.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:31 pm

So that's where simpkins was yesterday!!
:lol:

Tom

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:39 pm

Who!

Hey Tom, question... how do you get that picture to look like it moves. I notice there is a few guys got 'em like that.

I think it's fantastic.

Another thing what time is it in N.C. are you behind UK or in front with the time, I can't remember.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:58 pm

Well Joe, for my avatar it took creativity, persistance, perfect timing, a keen eye, and an unbridled committment to finding just the right one. Of course, you could always just steal it off of another site like I did.

Here in North Carolina, the current time is 2:59pm on Tuesday....and it's mostly sunny with a slight breeze coming from the North-North West at about 6-10 MPH.

Tom

Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:02 pm

Which site, or is that too much to ask.

How old are you, by the way, if you don't mind me asking.

Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:10 pm

I actually don't recall which site, which may be best as the owner may be a guest here. I'm 38 and thanks so much for asking.

Tom

Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:32 pm

KEEP ON ROCKIN'

Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:36 pm

You too curti....err I mean Joe.

Tom

Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:39 pm

Love is in the air