Off Topic Messages

Neil Diamond to tour U.K. & Ireland

Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:57 pm

Diamond will be playing dates in May and June in the U.K. and Ireland. Do yourselves a favor folks and see one of the very few true pop music superstars. At his insistance he's keeping ticket prices down too from what I've read.

And he'll be touring the U.S. beginning in July.

He's also working on a new album with producer Rick Rubin, who produced Johnny Cash's much-acclaimed American Recordings. This is to be a stripped-down, back-to-basics, song oriented set similar to Diamond's late 60's work.

Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:35 pm

Pete,

I'll be catching Neil on his UK tour in May. Looking forward to it. The reviews of his shows 'down under' were good so we could be in for a treat. I understand that he is using video projection for the first time and I assume Ronnie Tutt will be in the band as he's dropped out of the 'Elvis' shows. Haven't seen a set-list yet but I understand it's a trip through the hits. Great stuff!!!

Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:21 pm

Del -
For reasons unknown Neil is omitting Song Sung Blue from his shows (as he did on his last major tour a few years ago). He is apparently also including some album track rarities. But the show still features most of the classics including: Solitary Man; Cherry, Cherry; Shilo; Red, Red Wine; I'm a Believer; Sweet Caroline; Brother Love; Holly Holy; Cracklin' Rosie; I Am ... I Said; Play Me; Beautiful Noise; You Don't Bring Me Flowers; Forever In Blue Jeans; Love On The Rocks; America. These are the one's I've read are in the set.

Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:51 pm

Pete Dube wrote:...For reasons unknown Neil is omitting Song Sung Blue from his shows (as he did on his last major tour a few years ago)...

It wasn't really a hit, anyway.... :wink: