Next week, look for:

Meet the Fockers
Errol Flynn Box Set

xXx-Unrated Edition

Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:36 pm

Tom -

Tell me.

You're in the business aren't you ?

You get 'review' copies of all these DVD's, don't you ?

Surely you don't buy them at that rate ?

Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:59 pm

I actually do buy about 95% of my DVD's. I get screener copies, that are sent out long before the street date, but they almost always have a super every 10 minutes or so that says "screener", "preview" or something equally annoying. Granted, this does cut down considerably on bootlegging, which I am all for. So, most of my DVD's come from Best Buy, Circuit City, and Wal-Mart.

Tom

Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:15 pm

The Lucy Show 5 DVD Box / TV Series 1966 / 1967 :oops:

Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:21 am

dennisdee wrote:The Lucy Show 5 DVD Box / TV Series 1966 / 1967 :oops:

Does the Lucy Box set have the episode with Joan Crawford on it?

The DVD I got this week is:

He Touched Me, The Gospel Music of Elvis Presley

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:06 pm

Add:

The Bourne Identity
The Bourne Supremacy
Sideways
(In my opinion, Paul Giamatti was ROBBED by the Academy)

Tom

Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:48 pm

JEFF d wrote :

No it has not, not on these episodes , that was probably later on episodes from the 70's, but John Wayne on one of the episodes i have is not bad also!

Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:16 pm

dennisdee wrote:JEFF d wrote :

No it has not, not on these episodes , that was probably later on episodes from the 70's, but John Wayne on one of the episodes i have is not bad also!

The episode with Joan Crawford aired on February 26, 1968. It has been released on DVD, but not from a major studio and with absolutely awful quality. In fact, many of the box sets from The Lucy Show feature both crappy picture and sound. Be careful what you buy.

Tom

Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:42 am

Tom in North Carolina wrote:
dennisdee wrote:JEFF d wrote :

The episode with Joan Crawford aired on February 26, 1968. It has been released on DVD, but not from a major studio and with absolutely awful quality. In fact, many of the box sets from The Lucy Show feature both crappy picture and sound. Be careful what you buy.

Tom

Do you happen to know which version of "The Lucy Show" DVD set the Crawford show was on? There are like a million of these "Lucy Show" sets and I can't ever find it dang it! I love both Lucy and Joan, the John Wayne episode is on every set I have seen I think...

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:06 pm

Jeff,
The Crawford episode wasn't on a set, but a single disc of about 6 episodes released in the late 90's and was called something like Lucy Goes Hollywood. It had the Crawford, Wayne, Benny, Burns, Berle, and Burnett episodes on it. The DVD is long out of print, but from what I hear the video quality was worse than a "third generation VHS dub" and the sound was only slightly better. You may be able to find one on eBay.

Tom