Off Topic Messages

Did anyone here buy Lisa's cd "Now What"?

Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:55 am

I picked up Lisa Marie's disc Tuesday evening at Target for $9.99!!!

I like it much better than the first cd.

2 stand out trax that I dig are IDIOT and I'll Figure It Out!

anybody here get it?

for anyone who cares, A@E will be showing a brand new Biography on
Lisa Marie Presley, Friday nite at 10:00pm, EST.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:54 am

Yes, I got it and really like it!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:14 am

thanks jeff, for responding!

that's it, one reply?

I guess no one here really cares for Lisa Marie as a recording artist?

by the way, her Biography special on A@E was real good too....lots of Elvis in it! :lol:

Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:57 pm

Did not like her first CD except 1 or 2 tracks. After hearing it I decided not to buy it.
Only heard 1 song of this second CD and I quite liked it, but I prefer to hear the full CD before I part with my money.
The song, featured on Oprah, reminded me of Elvis' I'm a roustabout!
Her singing is o.k., it is the songs that did not appeal to me on her first CD. Her second CD is not available here yet.

Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:17 pm

I'm hoping that one of my lesser-liked relatives buys it, dies, and wills it to me.

Tom

Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:47 am

You know I really like this CD. I like her songs, I like they lyrics and the melodies. The problem I have with LMP on this CD is I can't really understand her! I like the tone of her voice, but she needs to work on her pronunciation...

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:22 am

Bought it. LOVE IT!!! I did the exact same thing on this cd as I did the first though. The very first time I listened to it, I thought "Yeah, it's okay". But by the time I listened to the whole thing a second time I was saying "Hey I think I really like this". In the past 8 days since I bought it, I've listened to it every single morning on my way to work, and every single night on the way home, and any other time I've been in the car. I've been through it now about 12 times and I love EVERY single song. How often can you say that? At first it is difficult to understand, but I read through all the lyrics, and before you know it, or at least by the 12th time around, your able to sing along, at least to parts of it! lol I've really enjoyed it. And I have to say, all in all, I think I like it on a whole, better than the last one.

Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:31 am

JEFF d wrote:...The problem I have with LMP on this CD is I can't really understand her! I like the tone of her voice, but she needs to work on her pronunciation...JEFF d Elvis fan

It seems to be Lisa's style to skip along in a lazy way through her lyrics. I don't know that I really like it, but that is how she sings. I think her vocal is also "buried" somewhat to mask any imperfections--not that there are any, mind you!