Off Topic Messages

Lisa song Silent Night

Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:06 am

Does anyone know why this song was not release on CD? i have seen the video of it and it is good

Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:19 am

I have it on CD.....

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Lisa Song Silent Night

Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:01 pm

Can you tell me which CD this is on?

Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:43 am

I can't find the CD just right off. But it is on a compilation CD that was sold through K-Mart its something like "NBC Christmas Special Songs" or something like that.....

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:42 am

I redone the video of this as just a mess about coz I had nothing better to do and overdubeed Elvis with his version of Silent Night over it to form a duet.

T'was ages ago and nothing to write home about - I'd just got some software and was testing it out.

I might put it up here if it sounds like it might appeal.

Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:20 am

Steve -

That would make a good listen !

I asked someone else to do it & they just mumbled something about different keys or whatever !

Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:38 am

Yes, that are in differnet keys and loads of other differences. Elvis held his notes longer and stuff, but it was manageable and when it came together the differences were a good contrast I thought.

Only the first min and a half were synched coz Lisa sang different verses.

I'll go and hunt it down for you and post a link later.

Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:09 am

Did she really do a video for this song? Or is it something a fan made, for other fans, type of thing?

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Lisa Song Silent Night

Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:05 am

Yes i found it on Japan Elvis web site it shows Her and the group together

Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:12 pm

Jeff -

The video shows Lisa & her group sitting round in 'unplugged' style & singing, together with Christmas 'home movies' cut in.

But it's only a mock up !

She isn't actually singing Silent Night but that's the audio heard.

It's worth getting for the audio alone !

She changes the tune in places in a very 'personal' rendition which owes nothing to her dad's version !

Take a look:

http://www.eonet.ne.jp/~pag/SilentNight ... resley.wmv