Off Topic Messages

For the Aussies

Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:34 am

I've been meaning to post this for some time, but it just kept slipping my mind. You Aussies make some great wine! My wife bought a bottle of Merlot from south Australia for Valentine's Day. It was really good.

Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:53 am

Carolyn -

You wrote:
The beer's good also, but I think maybe a bit stronger than the American beer.

I expect things are different now, but I remember being in an Aussie bar around 1960:

One of our group:

"Two pale ales, one brown ale, two milk stouts and a Guinness, please"

Barman:

"We got Australian beer - take it or leave it !"

Re: For the Aussies

Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:01 am

Pete

you wrote:I've been meaning to post this for some time, but it just kept slipping my mind.

I think you had too much wine then already.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:29 pm

It"s been a while colin.

CLASSIC = A1

Re: For the Aussies

Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:22 pm

Pete Dube wrote:You Aussies make some great wine! My wife bought a bottle of Merlot from south Australia for Valentine's Day. It was really good.

Pete,
You should try Leeuwin Estate, Tyrrell's Reserve, Mt. Jagged, or my favorite, the '99 Yarra Yering.

Tom

Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:56 am

My wife and daughter try to get to Hunter Valley whenever my wife gets down there to visit. One of their favorites is 'Robsons'. though I think my daughter told her mom that 'Robsons' is no longer around.......I'm a beer man and I don't care if it's Australian or American as long as it's cold!

Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:41 pm

As a native of South Australia I guess I would have to agree with you there Pete :D :D