JEFF d

Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:33 am

NO look, it's Superman 8)

Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:43 am

Andy-M wrote:NO look, it's Superman 8)

And I thought it was SuperKev!!! :oops: :wink:

:P

Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:48 am

Give me a potent bowl of chilli and I'll fly just like that ...... except my vapor trail will have a decidedly brownish hue to it! :oops:

Re: Superman in '06

Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:57 am

Edit: my reply added nothing to the thread, therefore, it is now deleted.

now I need to remove my other 800 posts :)
Last edited by scotch on Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:06 pm

Andy-M wrote:NO look, it's Superman 8)

YES IT'S SUPERMAN!!!
Strange visitor from another planet who came to earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal man
SUPERMAN!!!!
Who can change the course of mighty rivers......bend steel in his bare hands. And who, disguised as Clark Kent (mild mannered reporter for a great metropolitan newspaper), fights a never ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!!!!!!

The opening monologue for the classic TV series. AHHHHH memories!!!!! I'm looking forward to the new adaptation. I never really latched on to Reeves as Superman, and after the first movie the plots and storylines quite simply SUCKED.......yeah, let's spin the planet backwards to turn back time :roll: .

Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:55 pm

scotch wrote:Finally! A gay Superman!

Where in the world did that come from??

Tom

Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:32 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:

Tom

A pink vapour trail :?: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:00 pm

Rusty Martin* wrote:
Tom in North Carolina wrote:

Tom

A pink vapour trail :?: :wink:

That's funny, because I don't see any pink at all. But I guess people see what they want to. :wink:

Tom

Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:34 am

Don't tell me you are all so sheltered that you do not see the correlation of the vapor trail to what I said...

Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:51 pm

Well, first of all, I wouldn't really call it a vapor trail (sorry, Rusty) , but more of a light streak or a speed blur. Second of all, call me an idiot, but no I don't see the connection, unless it's the rainbow aspect of it. I'm an educated man, but sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees.

Tom

Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:00 pm

The trail he leaves behind looks pretty straight to me.

Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:45 pm

From everything I've seen, this could be great. I've been a Superman fan as long as I've been an Elvis fan (my whole life) - still get the comics. Heck, the only proof for that needed would be my old MikeMcCoy avatar..:)

On http://www.supermanhomepage.com there are some pictures on location and some other goodies. A lot of speculation going around, but I'm hopeful. X-Men was probably the 2nd best comic-to-movie adaptation (IMO), so this should be great.

Tom, any idea if the Ruby-Spears Superman cartoons will ever see the light of day officially? I'd love to get my hands on some perfect-quality DVDs of those. Not too many shows, but I think the show was pretty good. Always wondered about the serials with Kirk Alan(sp), too. I got to meet him in Metropolis, IL in 92 and always wanted to see more of him as Superman.

Nothing beats the classic into from the George Reeves series, though - cool post Scatter!

Sincerely,
Jamie

Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:10 pm

JamieAKelley wrote:Tom, any idea if the Ruby-Spears Superman cartoons will ever see the light of day officially?

No word as of yet about the one-and-only Ruby/Spears produced season of Superman being released on DVD. This, of course, doesn't mean that it won't happen, just that no plans are being made at this time.

Tom