Off Topic Messages

In the basket 4/5-11

Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:11 pm

What DVD's are you buying this week? So far, I've picked up:

The West Wing-Season 4 (The beginning of the end)
Dora the Explorer-City of Lost Toys
Dora the Explorer-Big Sister Dora
(They're for my daughter's 5th b-day)
The Amityville Horror Boxed Set (I have no idea why either)

Tom

Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:52 pm

I've been hitting the $5.50 bin at Wal-Mart today:

Magnum Force
Total Recall
The Talented Mr. Ripley
Love Me Tender (to give to a friend)

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:15 am

Today i got.

Xena Warrior Princess Season Four this is a 10 dvd set.

Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:27 am

That's 11 discs too many. :lol:

jeff R

Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:55 am

jeffreyjames wrote:That's 11 discs too many. :lol:

jeff R

:lol:

Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:28 am

I got "Mr. Roberts" $9.99 at Borders. Had to downgrade this beloved classic ever so slightly after watching it following a long absence. Also, "Maque of the Red Death"/"Premature Burial", "Comedy of Terrors/The Raven" and I also hit the $5.50 bin for the "The Enforcer" Clint Eastwood version.

Hate to keep bothering you Tom as the fount of all DVD knowledge, but have you heard anything about the proposed Val Lewton boxed set? I heard it was supposed to come out this year in a package similar to the film noir, gangsters and Marx Brothers boxes.

Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:09 am

I recently picked up the Masque of the Red Death. Classic movie, you need to also pick up the Pit and the Pendlum. Funny, I thought these movies were scary as a kid but was quite certain I wouldn't enjoy them as an adult. Not the case at all, I actually enjoy them more now.

Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:11 pm

Got my (double disc) copy of "Bubba Ho-Tep". I wish I'd seen this at the cinema, you lucky Americans you!

Instantly becomes one of my "Desert Island Films", fantastic!

Also picked up "The Trouble With Girls" an HMV exclusive, it says on the box. They seem to be filling the gaps at the moment, can't comment on the quality though.

Geoff

Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:04 pm

likethebike wrote:Hate to keep bothering you Tom as the fount of all DVD knowledge, but have you heard anything about the proposed Val Lewton boxed set? I heard it was supposed to come out this year in a package similar to the film noir, gangsters and Marx Brothers boxes.

Warner has announced that they are producing a box set of nine Lewton-produced flicks that should street later this year. The movies rumored to be in the set are: Cat People, I Walked With a Zombie, The Curse of the Cat People, Mademoiselle Fifi, Youth Runs Wild, The Leopard Man, The Ghost Ship, The Body Snatcher, and Isle of the Dead. There is also a rumor that Bedlam may be included as a bonus. That's about all that I know at this time. I hope it helps.

Tom