Off Topic Messages

Lucasfilm to release Non-SE Star Wars Trilogy on DVD

Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:06 pm

In a suprise announcement, Lucasfilm has announced that to coincide with the DVD release of Episode III: Revenge of the Sith in November, the original trilogy will be re-released, completely remastered, the way you remembered them, before the 1997 SEs and subsequent changes.

Lucas was quoted as saying "I know I've been adament for years that those editions didn't exist, but after backlash by the majority of the fanbase, I felt I owed it as an artist to make them avaliable for historical purposes; however, I still stand by my statement, that the previous DVD release are the films I hold as 'final versions'."

A spokesman from 20th Century Fox said, in addition to the complete remasters of the original trilogy, there will be a commentary track with Lucas alone on all three films, as well as an additional track for Episode V featuring Irvin Kershner. Also like the previous DVD release, a fourth bonus disc will be avaliable, featuring the classic "making of "special: "From Star Wars to Jedi" as well as twenty minutes of deleted scenes for each film, and much more.

The release will be avaliable in separate widescreen and fullscreen sets, and will retail for a MSRP of $44.99

They released one image of the box art for the set, and I must say it's impressive:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/closetheblastdoors/OTDVDBOXART.jpg

Tom

Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:20 pm

Tom

Thanks for that.

:lol:

Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:34 pm

I new this was going to happen...$$$$$ is to much for the man to turn down.

Look out for a mega box in the next 5 years or so?.

Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:57 pm

:wink:

JEFF d
Elvis fan