Off Topic Messages

POPE ON HIS LAST LEGS

Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:39 pm

i'm sure everybody has heard

i'd just like to say that in the health he's been for the last month or so, he's done very well.

he is an inspiration, may God take care of him whatever the decision

Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:48 pm

Oh well. There'll be another one along shortly.

Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:47 am

All you folks in London might want to keep a safe distance from Stephen. There's a lightening bolt with his name on it due to strike any moment! :wink: :)
Seriously, although I parted ways with Catholicism (both Roman and Anglican) several years ago, I do think John Paul ll has overall been a great Pope. I wish he had taken a much stronger hand against the molesting priests and the enabler bishops, but other than that he has conducted himself well during his tenure. In his own way he played a crucial role in the fall of communism. He's led a remarkable life, one worthy of our utmost respect and honor.

Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:01 am

I bet Michael Schiavo ordered the removal of the Pope's feeding tube.

Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:17 am

Pete -

You wrote:
I do think John Paul ll has overall been a great Pope.

This isn't the right time to give my opinion on things.

I'll be back.

Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:20 am

"Ailing Pope given Last Rites" may have been a more appropriate title to this thread. :(

Will Colin B be delivering the eulogy?

Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:49 pm

According to Nostradamus there will be one or two more popes before the Vatican will be destroyed and Europe be occupied by muslims.
Hope the current pope dies after the weekend, thus not destroying all good TV programmes scheduled for the weekend.

Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:56 pm

Guys -
Let's show a little respect here. There are thousands upon thousands of people grieving because of this. Granted, most of us on here are not Roman Catholics or care nothing about the Pope personally. However, many do and this is a major crisis in their lives. If you cannot at least show a little respect and say something helpful, then say nothing and move on to the next topic. I know everyone on this board is better than that. At least I hope so.

Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:08 pm

Luuk -

You wrote:
According to Nostradamus there will be one or two more popes before the Vatican will be destroyed and Europe be occupied by muslims.

Well, Nostradamus said an awful lot of things !

Much of it in coded form, which his devotees can interpret to fit real events.

I'm happy to wait and see how things turn out.

Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:34 pm

Luuk wrote:Hope the current pope dies after the weekend, thus not destroying all good TV programmes scheduled for the weekend.

Luuk
Your lack of respect has shown you for the pathetic, hatefilled person that you are.
A great man has died, a man that wanted nothing but peace in the world.
Thankfully your kind are in the very small minority, with so many war mongers and evil people in the world its sad that you hope that a man of peace dies so as not to ruin your tv schedule.
SAD!!!