Off Topic Messages

To Tom in N.C.

Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:27 pm

Hey Tom, have you ever considered trying to organize an Elvis convention for the tri-state (Carolinas & Georgia) area? We really could use one for this "neck of the woods."

Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:01 pm

Pete,
I actually tried this back in the late eighties. Unfortunately, it met with very little interest due to Bob Heis' conventions that he used to have in Greensboro. Seems he (and some of his vendors) ripped several people off and there was also a huge lot of bootleg albums seized by the FBI. After all of that, no one trusted anyone so I just gave up. Charlie Hodge was up here a couple of years back and we talked about doing something, but then Andy Child's name was brought up and I backed out immediately. Nothing ever came of it, though. I'd love to produce a show of some type as I'm sure the interest would be here. It's just a question of lining up talent. Perhaps if Elvis-The Concert were to come to this area, I could produce an event around that. I'll keep you posted.

Tom

Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:02 pm

Tom? Yo Tom! Are you there Tom? Did I say something wrong? Do I have have B.O. or bad breath? (don't answer that!). Are you preoccupied with Simpy?

Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:05 pm

Thanks Tom. And please disregard my previous post. I posted that before I saw your response.

Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:28 pm

No problem. :D

Tom