Off Topic Messages

Attention FECC Administrators

Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:27 am

Sorry to have taken up so many posts in the All Elvis forum under the thread somethig along the lines of "Lisa performs tonight at NBA Finals", but I'd like to tell you what the heck happened. I swear to goodness this is true. In my post where I suggested an all-Lisa forum, at the end the word "Disney" appears. I am not kidding when I tell you (and I hope it appears correctly here) that instead of that word, I actually typed LMP (Lisa's initials in case it doesn't come out right here). I know that makes no sense whatsoever. I immediately saw the error after it was posted, and immediately tried to explain, only to have the same thing happen, which made what I tried to say make even less sense. And where I did type the word "Disney" in that post trying to explain, in both those places they appeared as "Dsiney". Perhaps there is no glitch here except something in my computer, which wouldn't surprise me actually! But how LMP turned into Disney is just beyond me! Again, I am not making this up. I just don't want to appear as though I am talking nonsense, which is admittedly how that thread turned out, thanks to my contributions. Just wanted to explain.

Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:33 am

A strong cup of black coffee and a walk around and you'll be feeling better soon. LOL

You have entered the "Twilight Zone" LOL

:D

Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:33 am

Even now when I go back to edit that post where the original error occurred, it still shows it as LMP, yet the post doesn't match. I will delete my follow-up posts. Feel free to delete that first one too, because it makes no sense, but I thought I'd leave it up so you can check it out (how it appears to me when I try to edit it) yourself, if you can do that.

Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:35 am

I hear you, Sam! LOL!

Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:38 am

I just noticed that it is still happening at my post at the top here! What the !*%$@#???????

Fri Jun 06, 2003 4:44 pm

Anyone thinking I've lost my marbles, I don't blame you. But try typing MGM without the hyphens and see what happens. Apparently that is a bootleg label which is not in good favor around here or something, and so it gets changed to the word "Disney". You can imagine my initial bewilderment...

Administrators, delete this if you must; I am just trying to clear my good name. :)

Thanks to the guys who helped me with this one!

?

Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:04 pm

LMP

?

Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:05 pm

You are right or I have just entered the Twilight Zone

:lol:

LMP
LMP
LMP

Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:05 pm

Holy crap, he's right!!! What is up with that???
Spooooooooooooooooooooooooooooky!!

Tom

?

Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:07 pm

Do you think someone has a problem with Lisa Marie Presley's monogram?

Tony
LMP

Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:14 pm

Bobby,
You have my sincere apologies for thinking you were a complete nut. :cry: I am sorry :cry: This is too weird!!

FECC, any ideas???

Tom

Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:00 pm

Tom,

No problem--I can't say that I blame you. MGM (minus hyphens) is supposedly a bootleg label, or so I am told, which for whatever reason they don't want us mentioning around here.

Strange.

Apparently that one other site which is not supposed to be discussed around here gets the same treatment.

I am glad you all can see what I was talking about--it was really freaking me out!

Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:23 pm

I have to try this...

LMP
LMP
LMP
LMP
LMP
LMP
LMP

Now I'll see how it looks...

COOL!!!

Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:09 pm

LMP LMP LMP LMP LMP

disney disney disney disney disney

Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:11 pm

That is messed up, now I feel like a fool as well. Good find.

Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:04 pm

"Dizzyland" was a theme park mentioned in an episode of Dick Van Dyke Show. Funny how dizzy sounds like Disney and a park of rides would make you dizzy!!!!!

The hilarity of it all man. :lol:

(Is this thread for us to go round the bend and snap?)

hheee hehheee hheee blblblblblblblblbb

Weebles wobble but they don't fall down.

Signed,
Napoleon.

Fri Jun 06, 2003 11:24 pm

I’m so dizzy, my head is spinnin’
Like a whirlpool, it never ends
And it’s you, disney, makin’ it spin
You’re makin’ me dizzy
My head is spinnin’
Like a whirlpool, it never ends
And it’s you, disney, makin’ it spin

You’re makin’ me dizzy
Oh, I’m so dizzy
You’re makin’ me dizzy
Yeah, I’m so dizzy

Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:20 am

LMP LMP LMP

Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:23 am

How wierd. :lol:

Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:32 am

BobbyTCB -

Your post was addressed to the FECC Administrators but they have been strangely silent !

LMPland. LMP LMP lmp MGM. LMP land LMP world

Wonder how they will come out ?

Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:15 pm

Yeah, the whole thing is odd.

I also just noticed that there has been a change made in what triggers the Disney thing--up above where I put hyphens between the initials, before it appeared as I entered it. Now it reads Disney.

Sat Jun 07, 2003 7:57 pm

I just typed out 'Mickey Mouse' and it came up 'EPE Merchandising'.

Lets get this right you type out the word Disney and it comes up Disney. Wheres the suprise in that?

*&^% £ !!

LMP MGM

How about if you type MGM backwards?

Yensid

Holly Mowlly!

Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:22 am

Paul-

It is understandable that you are not getting what's been said here, based on the way some of these posts read--because of the thing we are trying to explain.

It is not a matter of typing Disney and it appearing as Disney. Try typing Lisa Marie's initials (3) in a post or even a private message and see what happens. Typing some other unmentionables has the same effect.

Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:25 am

LMP

Sun Jun 08, 2003 12:26 am

lol too funny!! only on this mb!!! hahahaha