Off Topic Messages

Eric Rudolph Has Been Captured!

Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:17 am

Guys,

In case you haven't heard, the guy who is accused of the Olympic Park bombing in Atlanta, Georgia in July, 1996 and an abortion clinic in Alabam and possibly other bombings HAS BEEN CAPTURED! He was caught in Murphy, Morth Carolina early Saturday morning behind a grocery store looking though the garbage dumps and get this: A rookie Police Officer is the one that is credited with the capture of Eric Robert Rudolph. The authorites don't know if the Officer will get the $1 Million dollar reward though because he was on duty at the time of the arrest.

I live about fifteen miles from Murphy, so I've been watching the news all weekend long.

Just thought ya'll would like to know.

Take Care,
Tony T.

Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:17 pm

Tony,
Naturally, that has been all over the news here as well. I say give Officer Postell the $million$ and call it a day. Of course, they probably won't, and I don't know that he would even take it if offered. He seems to be very humble and nonchalant about the whole thing. Just a good ole boy doing his job. If nothing else this should help him immensely with his plans of someday joining the FBI or the Secret Service.

Tom

Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:38 pm

Tom,

I agree wholeheartedly that the authorities should give Officer Postell the reward because he did catch the guy, so why not give him the reward? I really find it hilarious that this rookie police officer caught Rudolph instead of the FBI agents who had been looking for him for the past five years, don't you?

Later,
Tony[/i]

Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:55 pm

I was thinking the same thing...how strange it was that a rookie cop just stumbled onto this guy when so many agents had been looking for him for years. Timing is everything, though. It's suspected that Rudolph had a support network for the last several years and that his primary source of food, batteries, etc., recently died and that he was forced more toward self reliance, which is why he was found picking through garbage. I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would want to assist him, regardless of any anti-government feelings they might have.

If he's found guilty, I hope they fry him.

Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:57 pm

How ironic. I passed through that town 2 weeks ago and wondered if Rudolph was still hiding out up there. Just think, I might have driven right by where he was and never noticed. Duh!!!!!!!!!