Off Topic Messages

Paul Young

Thu May 29, 2003 6:04 pm

Hi folks -
Does anybody have any information on what British blue-eyed-soul singer Paul Young is up to these days? He had a run of hits from about the mid-80's to the early 90's (his best known being his cover of Hall & Oates' "Every Time You Go Away", which was my song back in the summer of 85), then seems to have just dropped off the map.

Thu May 29, 2003 6:17 pm

Send him an email and ask him yourself:

paul@paul-young.com

This address is 2 years old, so it may no longer work.

Tom

Thu May 29, 2003 6:19 pm

I seem to remember he had a some sort of problem and I think he had to give up singing. :(

8)

Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:45 pm

Pete -

Paul Young's "Essential Tour 2003" visits Gravesend on 21st of this month !

So he is still active & performing, even if he doesn't bother the charts too often these days !

Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:12 pm

Thanks Colin. Are you going to see him? I thought he was a decent blue-eyed soul singer. By the way Colin, have you heard anything regarding the absinthe matter?

Thu Jun 05, 2003 10:42 pm

Pete -

Unfortunately, the Paul Young gig clashes with my son's birthday & we're having 'a bit of a do' that day.

As for the 'absinthe' all I know about it, I read on here !

Vaguely recall that it was the tipple of Oscar Wilde, but didn't know it was banned here, let alone had the ban lifted.

Wonder what was so bad about it, which isn't so bad now ?

Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:57 am

OH yeah,plenty of booze Colin?I'm lookig forward to it already,HeHe....

Hope you all have a great time!

Paul Young

Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:20 am

Paul Young is in a band called Los Pacaminos playing believe it or not Tex/mex style.I saw him in Glasgow a couple of years ago & bought the cd.I saw in Mojo magazine a few months back that he was playing pubs
in London.