Off Topic Messages

New KISS releases

Tue May 27, 2003 9:48 pm

KISS will release a new DVD on August 12. No word on what's on it. Also, they have apparently started their own record label and will start releasing some of their previously bootlegged concerts, according to Entertainment Weekly.

Tom

Tue May 27, 2003 10:32 pm

^That DVD would probably be the "Kiss With Symphony Orchestra, Alive IV." CD's out in July with DVD set to follow.

The much-delayed original Alive IV (recorded in Vancouver, 31.12.1999) might also be released at some point...

Tue May 27, 2003 11:10 pm

Thanks Tom. I am looking forward to them.

Wed May 28, 2003 6:15 pm

KOOL!!! I heard they had there own label now, but hadn't heard about them releasing "bootleg" concerts that is great!!!! Now KISS have there own label like Elis does!!! Again Elvis is a trend setter, with the success of FTD.
JEFF d
EPFAN

kiss releases?

Wed May 28, 2003 7:32 pm

Where do you get this information? Is it reliable? I hope so! I'm looking forward to see bootleg concerts released on kiss own label!!!!! Hope it isn't just a rumor though.

Wed May 28, 2003 7:40 pm

Entertainment Weekly, for what that's worth.

Tom

YOU WANTED THE BEST YOU GOT THE BEST

Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:41 am

I've heard KISS Alive IV Symphony. WHAT AN ALBUM! A great live set played by kiss in Australia. Hear some cool versions of Beth, Detroit Rock City, God Of Thunder, Shandi (yes! Dynasty era kicks!).

Paul (the guy on the pic) plays a great version of Blackdiamond. And I have to admit, Peter's drumming is very great, much better than on the previous tours! Tommy Thayer is one hell of a guitar player (sorry Ace) but why does he look like an Ace Frehley look-alike with those hair and the same guitar?

Is kiss quitting performing/recording records? If so, why did they start the Kiss records label? I hope they'll continue making records. And if they do, let Tommy Thayer choose his own identity just like Vinnie Vincent did in the 80's.

Kiss Alive 4 is a must have for every kiss fan

Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:22 pm

Thanks for the info on that Tom. I heard a long time ago that the Alive IV was going to be from the "Phyco Circus" Tour. is that true? I loved that album!

Kiss Alive IV

Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:56 am

The Kiss Alive IV album is out now. Alive IV Symphony with the Melbourne Orchestra. Great!

Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:02 pm

Whatever happened to Gene's label he started in the 80s? It had a money bag for a logo. Anyone recall?

GG

Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:32 pm

It didn't last long as I recall.

Gene Simmons record label

Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:52 pm

I have one CD with the Gene Simmons label and that's from the band House Of Lords entitled Sahara, released in 1990

Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:23 am

Gene is firing up his label again.

$immons Records

Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:00 pm

Hey, what is the differance in the 2 versions of KISS ALIVE IV? I know there is a digi-pak and a regulare verson, but what is the differance?

Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:03 pm

Digipack has a fold-out poster with notes from fans who attended the show plus advertisement for the upcoming DVD. No extra tracks or anything but the packaging is beautiful.