Supreme Court of the US to take on Colorado, Maine's views on former Pres. Trump's breaking the 14th ammendment.

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Jaime1234
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Supreme Court of the US to take on Colorado, Maine's views on former Pres. Trump's breaking the 14th ammendment.

Post by Jaime1234 »

Hi and a happy New Year to all!! I am posting this Washington Post article on the off topic section firstly because it is off topic, secondly because it is new and thirdly because it is ALSO truly important.

Having spent the second half of the month of December 2023, and the start of January 2024 in Colorado, I noticed not a single person I came in contact with, amomgst hundreds, literally, found it interesting to talk about their SC's 5-4 decision, but I think the steps taken by the Secretary of State in Maine accelerated the SCOTUS' need to take on the case(s) at their earliest possible convenience. Good luck to all and let's all have a wonderful 2024...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/01/05/supreme-court-trump-colorado-ballot-insurrection/

Mike C
Registered for: 21 years

Re: Supreme Court of the US to take on Colorado, Maine's views on former Pres. Trump's breaking the 14th ammendment.

Post by Mike C »

Given the recent court decision in Michigan, the Court was forced take up the case as there is now a split in rulings between the federal circuits. With that said, four Justices have to agree to hear these under the Court's rule to grant certiorari.

If I had to wager money, I think the Court will rule 8-1 or 9-0 that Colorado's action was unconstitutional. Section 5 of the 14th Amendment clearly states that Congress has the right to enforce the provisions of the 14th Amendment. Moreover, Trump has neither been charged nor convicted of insurrection (as set forth in the U.S. Code). Personally, I think Roberts will seek to obtain a unanimous ruling.

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

mike edwards66
Registered for: 12 years 1 month

Re: Supreme Court of the US to take on Colorado, Maine's views on former Pres. Trump's breaking the 14th ammendment.

Post by mike edwards66 »

Mike C wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:44 pm
Given the recent court decision in Michigan, the Court was forced take up the case as there is now a split in rulings between the federal circuits. With that said, four Justices have to agree to hear these under the Court's rule to grant certiorari.

If I had to wager money, I think the Court will rule 8-1 or 9-0 that Colorado's action was unconstitutional. Section 5 of the 14th Amendment clearly states that Congress has the right to enforce the provisions of the 14th Amendment. Moreover, Trump has neither been charged nor convicted of insurrection (as set forth in the U.S. Code). Personally, I think Roberts will seek to obtain a unanimous ruling.
Put me down for some of that, Mike! In the eyes of the law he is innocent.

It's all grist for the mill.

'24 will be all about Trump.

>>>

some people say i done all right for a girl . . . oh yeah yeah

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

mike edwards66 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:04 am
Mike C wrote:

The goal is to district from the wrecking ball they call Joe B. Very sad.

Good to see you back around, Mike!

Elvis as Danny Fisher

BrianTCB
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Post by BrianTCB »

Mike C wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:51 am
mike edwards66 wrote:
Mike C wrote:

So...the court will let abortion go to the states...but not whether Trump (Hitler) is removed from the ballot, you figure?

Unless the court provides the same reasoning here in this instance and they drop the decision all down to the states just as they did abortion...it's now a banana republic solely designed to serve right wing extremists!! And will further solidify the Supreme Court as an institution solely designed to serve Trump and his Nazis. Rather than an institution serving all, by, and for ALL the people.

With all of what remaining legitimacy (as if they even had any) they once had going out the window.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

BrianTCB wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:38 am
Mike C wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
Mike C wrote:

So...the court will let abortion go to the states...but not whether Trump (Hitler) is removed from the ballot, you figure?

Yes because the issue involves the interpretation of the federal Constitution. Can you please point out in the same document where the abortion clause is? Do you need special decoder glasses to find it? I don't see the word abortion anywhere in the text of the document.

Read the Dobbs decision again. The reasoning is quite clear cut.

And the U.S. already hit banana republic territory the day he Biden DOJ and FBI conducted a search of Mar-a-Largo using a general warrant which the 4th Amendment specifically prohibts.

Elvis as Danny Fisher

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Mike C wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:34 pm
BrianTCB wrote:
Mike C wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
Mike C wrote:

Yes because the issue involves the interpretation of the federal Constitution. Can you please point out in the same document where the abortion clause is? Do you need special decoder glasses to find it? I don't see the word abortion anywhere in the text of the document.

And the U.S. already hit banana republic territory the day he Biden DOJ and FBI conducted a search of Mar-a-Largo using a general warrant which the 4th Amendment specifically prohibts.
It's not Biden's DOJ. The DOJ is separate from the President and the President is not involved.

You dumb f***s have no clue how the justice system works, huh? Just so long as you can spread your BS lies.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

BrianTCB wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:42 pm
Mike C wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:
Mike C wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
Mike C wrote:

It's not Biden's DOJ. The DOJ is separate from the President and the President is not involved.

You dumb f***s have no clue how the justice system works, huh? Just so long as you can spread your BS lies.
The DOJ is an executive branch agency created by Congress. It reports to the Biden. So, it is Biden's DOJ.
The United States Department of Justice (DOJ), also known as the Justice Department, is a federal executive department of the United States government tasked with the enforcement of federal law and administration of justice in the United States. It is equivalent to the justice or interior ministries of other countries. The department is headed by the U.S. attorney general, who reports directly to the president of the United States and is a member of the president's Cabinet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Department_of_Justice
And I am still waiting for you to show me where the word "abortion" resides in the text of the Constitution.

This thread was quite civil until you weighed in. Clearly, civility was not one of your New Year's Resolutions.

Elvis as Danny Fisher

mike edwards66
Registered for: 12 years 1 month

Post by mike edwards66 »

Mike C wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
Mike C wrote:

Thanks Mike, and good to see you still enlightening those that need enlightening!

BrianTCB wrote:
Happy New Year, Brian.

>>>

some people say i done all right for a girl . . . oh yeah yeah

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Mike C wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:55 pm
BrianTCB wrote:
Mike C wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:
Mike C wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
Mike C wrote:

The DOJ is an executive branch agency created by Congress. It reports to the Biden. So, it is Biden's DOJ.
The United States Department of Justice (DOJ), also known as the Justice Department, is a federal executive department of the United States government tasked with the enforcement of federal law and administration of justice in the United States. It is equivalent to the justice or interior ministries of other countries. The department is headed by the U.S. attorney general, who reports directly to the president of the United States and is a member of the president's Cabinet.

And I am still waiting for you to show me where the word "abortion" resides in the text of the Constitution.

This thread was quite civil until you weighed in. Clearly, civility was not one of your New Year's Resolutions.
Oh no, it was your own posts that made it uncivil from the start, with your entire "overthrow the government" agenda BS starting with January 6th in your party.

Yeah, no...it's not Biden's DOJ. I suggest you read up on how the actual justice system works, since you claim to be more than an armchair lawyer.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

mike edwards66 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:16 pm
Mike C wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
Mike C wrote:

Thanks Mike, and good to see you still enlightening those that need enlightening!

BrianTCB wrote:
Happy New Year, Brian.
Happy New Year, Mike!! :smt006 Hope you had a great one!

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

BrianTCB wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:13 pm
Mike C wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:
Mike C wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:
Mike C wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
Mike C wrote:

Oh no, it was your own posts that made it uncivil from the start, with your entire "overthrow the government" agenda BS starting with January 6th in your party.

Yeah, no...it's not Biden's DOJ. I suggest you read up on how the actual justice system works, since you claim to be more than an armchair lawyer.

Projection -- the favorite tool of progressives. It never gets old.

Brian, I have never once advocated overthrowing the government. Go ahead, find any post where I said such a thing.
Last edited by Mike C on Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elvis as Danny Fisher

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Mike C wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:54 pm
BrianTCB wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:13 pm
Mike C wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:
Mike C wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:
Mike C wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
Mike C wrote:

Projection -- the favorite tool of progressives. It never gets old.

Brian, I have never once advocating overthrowing the government. Go ahead, find any post where I said such a thing.
Nope, you got that wrong...that's the favorite tool of your party.

But your party does want to overthrow the government, install Trump loyalists at every level, and install christo-fascists in every position to further the right wing extremist agenda. And your being an advocate of their beliefs and fundamental ideas absolutely does advocate that. You are guilty by association.

You don't have to defend yourselves to me. I know exactly what you're up to.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

Guilt by association, huh? You must be a fan of the late Sen. Joseph McCarthy.

Have a great day, Brian. I am off to listen to the Elvis On Tour set.

Elvis as Danny Fisher

BrianTCB

Post by BrianTCB »

Mike C wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:54 pm
Guilt by association, huh? You must be a fan of the late Sen. Joseph McCarthy.

Have a great day, Brian. I am off to listen to the Elvis On Tour set.
Enjoy.

I'm listening to it right now. :wink: