Bad news...I have cancer.updated thursday 18th November 2021

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

arnaudbxl
Registered for: 10 years 8 months
Mood:

Re: Bad news...I have cancer.updated thursday 18th November 2021

Post by arnaudbxl »

I was out of the forum for quite a long time, and just casually discovered your update.
I can only repeat what everyone else already said : thank you Ken, and my thoughts of strength and friendship are flying overseas to you and your lovely wife.

How an inspiration of dignity and bravery.

Xxx

rlj4ep
Registered for: 19 years 8 months
Mood:

Re: Bad news...I have cancer.updated friday 5th November 2021

Post by rlj4ep »

keninlincs wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:13 pm
Thanks every,every last one of you!
You have also been an inspiration to me with your prayers,well wishes and support,and i can honestly say im going nowhere just yet,i am still busy living my life ,loving my wife and enjoyiny doing the things that i love,ihave spent most of this year playing my kind of music and watching all of my favourite movies again,and spending time with Joanne,the cancer has certainly made me appreciate the great times i have had and the times that i still have left.Joanne is putting up Christmas trees and decorations for the weekend so we can start celebrating Christmas early as i dont want to miss a moment.I recieved a letter tnis morning to see a consultant next thursday (25th nov)for an up to date prognosis about what is coming next.We have had the meeting with some doctors and Macmillan cancer teams regarding end of life care and what our wishes are but i did tell them they were a bit early for that kind of talk and they said i had a genuinly great atitude so that is a good thing,Also i have been given some steroids to see if they can do any good.They said there is a very slim chance i could try more chemotherapy.Obviously i would try if viable.As always i will keep you all informed
Thanks Ken for your update. As always, it is such a joy to hear from you. Stay strong my friend and continue to hit each day with your best shot, which is what you have been doing. As I said earlier, you continue to be an inspiration to me. I continue to think of you and your bride every day!!!

Lexie1973
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Post by Lexie1973 »

There you go....a silver lining! I'll keep my fingers crossed even more now!

Enjoy the Christmas decorations Ken!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A202F met Tapatalk

Alex

rickeap
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by rickeap »

Thanks for the update, Ken, and your inspiration.

fecc-mechanic
Tech Guru.
Registered for: 21 years 1 month
Mood:

Post by fecc-mechanic »

Ken,

Others have said it more eloquently than I can. After all, I stay locked in the FECC basement most of the time. (ha ha just a bit of humor).

You truly are the HEART and SOUL of this forum. You have touched many more lives in a positive way than you can ever imagine.
We have all been with you. During the ups, and the downs. We are all pulling for you and sending positive energy your way.
No matter what, we are all here for you.
Always.

All the best from Mempihs
Jordan

ImageImage

fa-boltfa-boltPlease send all tech support requests to: tech@elvicities.comfa-boltfa-bolt

Make sure to visit my friends at the EAP society! It's a movement! For all generations of fans! And it's worth supporting!!!

Topic author
keninlincs
Registered for: 15 years 10 months
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

fecc-mechanic wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:04 pm
Ken,

Others have said it more eloquently than I can. After all, I stay locked in the FECC basement most of the time. (ha ha just a bit of humor).

You truly are the HEART and SOUL of this forum. You have touched many more lives in a positive way than you can ever imagine.
We have all been with you. During the ups, and the downs. We are all pulling for you and sending positive energy your way.
Always.
Thank you Jordan
We saw the oncology consultand and his team on thursday and was told that unfortunatly my treatment that stopped in the summer will not be starting again as the cancer has taken a good foothold and has spread now and is in my stomach ,liver and a lung any future treatment is futile as it will cause pain and no cure.The doctor said we should go home and enjoy my last couple of weeks with my wife,as pain free as they can possibly make it for me,so i will make sure i enjoy every day from waking up to sleeping again.im so Happy i got to see the new Beatles documentary
Thanks all of you for sharing this journey,hope you aĺ understand how easy you all made it!Big love to each and every one of you!

-instagram kenh1964

George Smith
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by George Smith »

Big love back atcha, you gorgeous man.

WALK A LONELY STREET
Elvis Presley, Country Music &
The True Story of Heartbreak Hotel

Now available from Amazon

http://www.GeorgeSmithPublications.com
https://www.facebook.com/WalkALonelyStreet/

ForeverElvis
Registered for: 21 years

Post by ForeverElvis »

keninlincs wrote:
fecc-mechanic wrote:
Ken,

Always.
Thank you Jordan
We saw the oncology consultand and his team on thursday and was told that unfortunatly my treatment that stopped in the summer will not be starting again as the cancer has taken a good foothold and has spread now and is in my stomach ,liver and a lung any future treatment is futile as it will cause pain and no cure.The doctor said we should go home and enjoy my last couple of weeks with my wife,as pain free as they can possibly make it for me,so i will make sure i enjoy every day from waking up to sleeping again.im so Happy i got to see the new Beatles documentary
Thanks all of you for sharing this journey,hope you aĺ understand how easy you all made it!Big love to each and every one of you!
All the best Ken.

Your positive outlook is a beacon for all that know you.

I remember in Star Trek , Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock telling William Shatner’s Captain Kirk, “How we face death is as important as how we face life.”

You have passed that test, showing dignity, grace, respect and love.

May God guide and comfort you and your family.

“Till we meet again, adios.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always Elvis
Anthony

Lexie1973
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Post by Lexie1973 »

Sending you all my love and good thoughts Ken. You and your loved ones are in my mind all the time!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A202F met Tapatalk

Alex

Walter Hale 4
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Walter Hale 4 »

Ken, i am very sad hearing the latest news, for you and your family, my friend. Wish i were in England and could have came to visit you. I can only hope, pray the time you have left will be comfortable and without pain. At this time, I don't know what else i can say or add that hasn't already been said, my friend.

rlj4ep
Mood:

Post by rlj4ep »

keninlincs wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:07 pm
fecc-mechanic wrote:
Ken,

Always.
Thank you Jordan
Ken, as I've said before, you are such an inspiration. I am sorry that life has brought you down this road. Yet you have taught so many valuable lessons to us on this forum as well as countless others that you have crossed paths with. While your journey has been challenging and uncertain at times, yet you faced it all with such grace, confidence, and integrity. I marvel at your strength and the positive attitude you have maintained throughout. You have reminded us that each day is a gift..., a gift to be enjoyed.
May your days be filled with much peace and satisfaction. Please know my friend, that you have been and continue to have a positive influence. To borrow from Ralph Waldo Emerson, “To laugh often and much; to win respect of… people and the affection of children… to leave the world a better place…, to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded” You are a success my friend.
As always my thoughts and prayers continue for you and your wife daily. God Bless You!!!

elvislady1964
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by elvislady1964 »

Ken, I am so sorry you can no longer receive treatment. It’s been a roller coaster of a journey for you…I thank you so much for sharing it with us here on FECC. I wish you and your family the very best. Enjoy every minute…Don’t give up just yet. I echo every comment here. Time is precious. I will forever look back on this topic and think fondly of your wonderful attitude to this terrible disease.
Jeanette X

Welcome To My World!
https://www.youtube.com/user/elvislady
Do Something Worth Remembering...... Elvis Presley

Thank You
Jeanette

rickeap
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by rickeap »

Ken you continue to provide inspiration. Hopefully you can enjoy your time without the pain of the treatment and enjoy the company of your loved ones, your music and movies and your environment.

AndrewJ
Registered for: 21 years 1 month

Post by AndrewJ »

Ken - am sending you and your family my best wishes. You are all in my thoughts constantly and I hope that you are able to live as comfortably and as pain free as possible for as long as possible. We're all with you!

Mister Mike
Registered for: 17 years

Post by Mister Mike »

Well, it seems the exit sign is somewhere up ahead. The turnoff to a new journey. Although the ending is not the one you would have chosen, I still hope you had one heck of a ride getting there. It's been a privilege to be able to follow your battle and witness how one can fight adversity with such class and strength of character. An inspiration to all indeed. Savor what's left enfolded by the love of friends and family. See you on the other side, my friend.

(I'm glad you got to see the Beatles' Let It Be doc. I only wish you would have stuck around for the Elvis On Tour Special Edition.... Then again, none of us will probably be around when/if that comes out....)
Last edited by Mister Mike on Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elvis fan. From Sun to Sundial.

Mike Windgren
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi Ken,

So sorry to hear about the latest news, it´s bad, bad times for all of us on here because of this. I had big faith you would beat this "Beast" after showing us as such a strong man. You´ll be truly missed on FECC, you´re one of the good ones, really!!!.

Happy to know you´re enjoying you Back In Nashville & Beatles doc, stay strong till the end my friend. The day you stop posting on here, we´ll undestand that you have left us, please say hello to Elvis and let him know that we still love him & will meet him sooner or later as you will do.....

God bless you & your family!.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Gamma Master
Registered for: 5 years 4 months

Post by Gamma Master »

I haven't checked this thread for a little while now, but it's always a relief to see you post on other threads. I'm very sorry to hear the latest news, but I hope your making the damned most of whatever time you have left, and I'm glad to see you keep a smile on your face against all the odds. If you ever feel like having a chat, please feel free to shoot me a PM, and you know my Instagram so feel free to DM me there if you feel like it.

I, and I'm sure many others, dread the day that we'll have to say goodbye to real titan of this forum

Keep on fighting Ken, we're all rooting for you!

Every opinion is my own, unless stated otherwise.

I overuse brackets as well

Gary Crawford

Post by Gary Crawford »

Dram.jpg
Ken, as I listened to Back in Nashville and watched Get Back you were very much present in my mind and I toasted a Glen Morangie on both occasions to you, your indomitable courage and strength and also your loved ones. Know that we are all with you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vegas Nights

Alan_K
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Post by Alan_K »

Ken,

Read this the other day, havent known what to think, say or do.
I'm still feeling the same way.
Thank you so much for everything you've shared.
I hope you've made many others the same way you've made me - to want to be a better person, thanks to you.

And I'm sorry.

Al.

15562days.com - A chronological profile of the most influential artist of the latter half of the 20th century, Elvis Presley.

thekingtcb
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by thekingtcb »

Hi Ken,

I don't post on here too often, and as such I'm not sure if we've ever crossed paths in the past. I primarily read and lurk, but rarely ever contribute, for whatever reason. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I've been following this topic since almost the beginning, anxiously awaiting your updates and praying for you and your family. I can only echo what everyone else has said in telling you that the grace, dignity, strength, perseverance and courage with which you've faced such an immensely difficult situation has been nothing short of incredibly inspirational and astounding. It is truly remarkable how positive and resolute you've stayed throughout this entire process, and no matter what I will carry that with me forever.

I will always remember and reflect on how much class, grace, and dignity you've consistently shown this entire time. I remember you and your wife in prayer every single day, and I will continue to do so. This is simply a devastating development, and certainly not what any of us were wishing and praying for, but in spite of that, as was said above, we know where you are going.

All I can say is Godspeed, my friend, enjoy each moment to the fullest extent possible, and become enveloped by the love of your family, your friends (both in "real life" and your FECC family), and God. I pray you remain as comfortable and peaceful as can be, with no pain and just the most comforting of thoughts, feelings, and well wishes and prayers.

Ken, you are an absolute inspiration, what a wonderful, wonderful human being you are. I feel like I know you so intimately because of how amazingly candid, honest, and forthcoming you've so graciously been in providing us updates as you got them, and one thing I can say for certain just by seeing your strength of character on display is that everyone who is lucky enough to have you in their lives is incredibly blessed, and I guarantee every one of those people are better people for you being in their lives (including your FECC family, by the way, I know I'm nowhere near alone in sharing that sentiment). Hugs, love and prayers to you and your family, friend. God Bless you, my friend, and thank you for the impact that I know you've made on all of us; we are all in your corner every step of the way, and just like the song, you'll never walk alone, dear Ken. 💙

Sincerely,

Logan

"You've never stood in that man's shoes or saw things through his eyes
Or stood and watched with helpless hands while the heart inside you dies
So help your brother along the way no matter where he starts
For the same God that made you made him too these men with broken hearts"

August 11th 1970, Midnight Show

XX9
Registered for: 2 years 10 months

Post by XX9 »

Wow Ken, we've never met and I'm practically new to this forum even though I've been reading it for over three years and I've just made an account recently when I learned how to do it. I'm 75 years old. You are such an amazing man and you really are an inspiration. I didnt want to comment much on here becuase I dont have much to contribute as an Elvis fan of 54 years but I couldn't possibly read this journey without saying something. A great man you are. You are beautiful

luckyjackson1
Registered for: 13 years 11 months

Post by luckyjackson1 »

Ken, all of this leaves me devastated but I really admire your strength and wish you all the best. You ARE and have always been one of the good guys.
Brought tears to my eyes when I read you were able to watch the Beatles' Get Back documentary and hopefully were able to listen to "Back in Nashville" too.
You are certainly a blessed and happy man with your beautiful wife Joanne on your side. Greetings and all the best wishes to you and your family.

With love,
lucky

When the evening shadows fall
And you're wondering who to call
For a little company
There's always me

Mister Mike
Registered for: 17 years

Post by Mister Mike »

Just wanted to say that I dread the day I will come here to read a new post by Ken, only to discover that it was written by Joanne.... Not ready for the finality of it all.

In the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.... For some reason I've had this in my head the past few days....

Elvis fan. From Sun to Sundial.

latebloomer
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Post by latebloomer »

Ken and Joanne, with all my heart I hope that the affection, love, and concern all of this community send your way is of support and comfort. You have enriched, instructed, and encouraged all of us immeasurably, and we all continue to hold you close in our hearts and prayers. You're special beyond measure or description, and we are very, very lucky to have shared so many days with you.

Peace be with you, as love is.
Nancy

latebloomer

Elvis Presley was an explorer of vast new landscapes of dream and illusion. He was a man who refused to be told that the best of his dreams would not come true, who refused to be defined by anyone else's perceptions. This is the goal of democracy, the journey on which every American hero sets out. That Elvis made so much of the journey on his own is reason enough to remember him with the honor and love we reserve for the bravest among us. Such men made the only maps we can trust.
--- Dave Marsh in Elvis.

elvisalisellers
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Post by elvisalisellers »

Many happy returns, Ken.

My nephew shares his birthday with you today - a big 18th!

We all love you, God bless.