Bad news...I have cancer.updated thursday 18th November 2021

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Gary Crawford
Registered for: 19 years 8 months

Re: Bad news...I have cancer.updated friday 5th November 2021

Post by Gary Crawford »

Ken, there are not really words to express how I feel having read your latest up date. Even though I have never met you I feel as though I have got to know you a bit through your posts here. There are some people on this board whose sense of self comes across so positively with warmth and humour in their posts that you can totally imagine sitting down with them over a pint while having a right good chat about the subject that bonds us all on this board - Elvis and I suspect you would hold your own on a lot of other non related Elvis subjects. You my Elvis friend are one of those people whose company I would have liked to have shared in the physical world.

My 'Elvis Back In Nashville' set will likely arrive at the same times as yours and everyone else's and I'll also be taking out a Disney subscription for Get Back - re-edit (those streaming b***ards get you every time, Apple and Netflix got me for their Springsteen exclusives!). Ken, when I listen to one and watch and listen to the other on both occasions I am going to have a dram and toast your good self. I will remind myself that when I complain about the little things in life I should really just stop and appreciate more just how precious each day is. You are an inspiration to all during this hardest of journey's.

Vegas Nights

latebloomer
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by latebloomer »

Gary, you said everything I've been thinking. thank you.

Ken, Godspeed to you and your lovely wife. We hold you close, and thank you, once again, for allowing all of us to share your journey.

I have loved, and leaned upon, this little quote for almost half a century. You are, more than anyone else I've ever known, its embodiment.

As a knot appears unexpectedly in a thread,
so disappointment blocks the smoothness of life.
If a few deft strokes can untangle the skein,
life continues evenly; but if it cannot be corrected,
then it must be quietly woven into the design.
Thus the finished piece can still be beautiful--
though not perfect as planned.

-- Tribute from a reader polled for "Ten Most Admired Women":

Rose Kennedy
Mamie Eisenhower
Patricia Neal
Ethel Kennedy
wives of the Apollo 13 crew
Pat Nixon
Pearl S. Buck
Golda Meir
Helen Hayes
Coretta King

-- Good Housekeeping, 1973

Rudy and I salute you, dear friend, and will try our best to live up to the shining example you have set for all of us.

Nancy

Topic author
keninlincs
Registered for: 15 years 10 months
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

Thanks every one of you,my other brothers and sisters,thanks for allowing me to share my troubles with you all rather than feeling self pity and saddness that i will lose my wife and family and others i love when i still have not finished with any of you,My wife has been my rock and allowed me to be an inspiraration....again i thank you all brothers and aisters and Elvis.....Man we have had some times! and raising a glass of champagne to another of the strongest people i know,my lovely wife Joanne.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by keninlincs on Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-instagram kenh1964

rickeap
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by rickeap »

You're a remarkable person, Ken. Enjoy that wine and let us know what you think of Back in Nashville.

elvislady1964
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by elvislady1964 »

Ken, I have just read your last post…I am very sad to here this news, I just want to say how you have shown this forum and the people on it how to be dignified in your illness. And so very calm…Thank-you for all your updates. I hope you enjoy Nashville….x

Jeanette x

Welcome To My World!
https://www.youtube.com/user/elvislady
Do Something Worth Remembering...... Elvis Presley

Thank You
Jeanette

Mister Mike
Registered for: 17 years

Post by Mister Mike »

Hey buddy! When this all began back on June 28, 2020, we were all hoping to see you ride off into the sunset with your lovely lady.... Seems that somebody somewhere didn't read the script­. Man, this sucks big time! No fair taking sand out of the hourglass. From the get-go, you have been (and remain) an inspiration to all of us. Your battle against this mighty foe has been epic and your continuing high spirits through it all simply amazing. All I can say is enjoy what remains to the fullest so that when you finally rest your head a final time, you can say, with a smile on your face «Yeah, that's about it. I'm outta here». Til then, my friend, stay strong.

Elvis fan. From Sun to Sundial.

mike edwards66
Registered for: 12 years 1 month

Post by mike edwards66 »

Ken, no one could have done more, you have fought the hardest battle with everything you have and then some. And always on your own terms. This place is the better because of you. When we speak of you, we will do so with admiration and a smile. We'll meet you again, brother. May God bless you, adios.

>>>

some people say i done all right for a girl . . . oh yeah yeah

JosephC
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by JosephC »

Ken,

You'll Never Walk Alone. You are surrounded by love.

JosephC

InheritTheWind
Registered for: 6 years 6 months

Post by InheritTheWind »

Ken,

You are an absolute inspiration with your bravery and dignity throughout this whole journey.
I wish you and your family the very best. Literally everyone on this forum cares about you and what you’re going through. You’re a lot braver than I would be.

Take care!

Johnny 99
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Johnny 99 »

I can only echo everything that has been said. You are an inspiration, someone who shows class and dignity no matter what. Sending you and your lovely wife love and best wishes - those photos of the two of you are beautiful. We´ve all got your back Ken, you really are loved by everyone, even those of us who haven't had the privilege of meeting you. Take care mate.

''I'm a good guy, basically'' - Tony Soprano

''if I ever got to the place where I could feel all old Arthur felt, I’d be a music man like nobody ever saw.” - Elvis Presley (1956)

George Smith
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by George Smith »

Dear Ken -- you are the heart and soul of this board.

I just hope you realise how loved and respected you are.

Be at peace, brother.

Your friend,

Tony

WALK A LONELY STREET
Elvis Presley, Country Music &
The True Story of Heartbreak Hotel

Now available from Amazon

http://www.GeorgeSmithPublications.com
https://www.facebook.com/WalkALonelyStreet/

Lexie1973
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Post by Lexie1973 »

I don't have much more to add on what has been said before. That is also because I am lost for words. You are a warrior Ken! I admire you and the way you're handling this.....

Alex

Alan_K
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Post by Alan_K »

Ken, you were, you are and you always will be an inspiration.

Thank you for sharing your life so far with all of us. To be able to say all the things we have directly to you and not when it's too late has been a blessing.
But you are still here, the body can do remarkable things. The mind as you've proven can do even more.

Keep that mind focussed, it's done you well.
Your mind has done many of us well.

To Joanne, you're just as special. It's hard to look at a photo of you both smiling after reading the posts above, but then again that's so typical of your mindsets.
My love and admiration to you both,

Al.

15562days.com - A chronological profile of the most influential artist of the latter half of the 20th century, Elvis Presley.

AndrewJ

Post by AndrewJ »

Ken - that is the news we did not want to hear. I hope the Back in Nashville set and extended Let it Be release take your mind off things. One thing is for certain, you've fought all the way and contine to fight and that is really inspirational to us all. Thoughts are with you and your family. Sending best wishes as ever. Andrew

BrianTCB
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Post by BrianTCB »

Ken - I'm really sorry to hear about your update. No one could have fought harder. You are an inspiration to many.

Cancer can go f*** itself.

By the way, have you seen this? I don't want to provide any kind of false hope. But, is there any chance of doing treatment like this at this stage of your cancer's development? Perhaps you can make it into the human trials?

================================================

mRNA-Based Personalized Cancer Vaccines

Moderna is creating individualized, mRNA-based personalized cancer vaccines to deliver one custom-tailored medicine for one patient at a time. Through next-generation sequencing, we identify mutations found on a patient’s cancer cells, called neoepitopes. Neoepitopes can help the immune system distinguish cancer cells from normal cells. Using algorithms developed by our in-house bioinformatics team, we predict 20 neoepitopes present on the patient’s cancer that should elicit the strongest immune response, based on unique characteristics of the patient’s immune system and the cancer's particular mutations. We then create a vaccine that encodes for each of these mutations and load them onto a single mRNA molecule.

https://www.modernatx.com/pipeline/therapeutic-areas/mrna-personalized-cancer-vaccines-and-immuno-oncology

JohanD

Post by JohanD »

Ken, you are such a strong person... always positive, always the good guy.
I thank you for that.

Keep it going, als long as you can, we will be here for you.

JohanD

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

Ken, I am so very sorry to hear of the latest diagnosis. It is just heartbreaking. :( I'd like to echo what everyone else has said the last few weeks. You are a great mate!

I hope you are enjoying the Elvis Back in Nashville set.

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

Ken, I've been away from the MB for some time. This was the last thing I wanted to read when I thought I'd check out the board. I'm so very sorry to hear about this. It f u c k i n g s u c k s!!!
(I ask the mods to make an exception here).
Please remember that you are definitely in my prayers. I wish you all the strength in the world. Thank you for telling us your story here. All the best to you. Beat that f u c k i n g s h i t !!
You rock!

Johnny2523
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by Johnny2523 »

i'm so sorry to hear how you're goin Ken, but you will fight this! And you will sit in that cinema when the new movie comes out sir! We ain't letting you go that fast

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

billyblues
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Post by billyblues »

Dude, I'm so sorry I haven't seen this before. I was reading that thread about the upcoming film, saw your post and thought "what the heck he's saying?". Then I searched your recent posts and saw this.

Ken, we don't know each other, but you got my sincere admiration and prayers. You're brave, and I'm sure you'll keep doing your best in your fight. Enjoy every day and don't miss on any chance of making your time better - be it listening to every take of Padre or an enjoyable summer of '76 live recording! I mean, sure the revisionist version of Let It Be can't be more fun than that, right?! Elvis all the way!

I'm sorry, I'm not that good with words of motivation, and everyone already done a terrific job so far of showing you how appreciated you are and how inspired we are by your fight. I just hope that I was able to bring at least a bit of a smile with my words, and make you know that, even though we don't know each other, you are, indeed, loved by all of us. Keep strong. I know anyone would be tempted to meet Elvis that soon, but hold on just a bit longer there, buddy! We also need you over here. ... wait, I didn't make things better by having you choose between Elvis and us (especially the Doc), did I? :|

Thank you, Blue River. Thank you, rjm. Thank you, Ken.

Lennart
Registered for: 20 years 6 months

Post by Lennart »

So sorry to hear this Ken, keep fighting, you are a tough guy!

iplayastrat
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by iplayastrat »

My best to you Ken. You are indeed an inspiration.

We might not know how much time you have left,
but we know your destination.

My escape from society continues...

Topic author
keninlincs
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

billyblues wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:26 am
Dude, I'm so sorry I haven't seen this before. I was reading that thread about the upcoming film, saw your post and thought "what the heck he's saying?". Then I searched your recent posts and saw this.

Ken, we don't know each other, but you got my sincere admiration and prayers. You're brave, and I'm sure you'll keep doing your best in your fight. Enjoy every day and don't miss on any chance of making your time better - be it listening to every take of Padre or an enjoyable summer of '76 live recording! I mean, sure the revisionist version of Let It Be can't be more fun than that, right?! Elvis all the way!

I'm sorry, I'm not that good with words of motivation, and everyone already done a terrific job so far of showing you how appreciated you are and how inspired we are by your fight. I just hope that I was able to bring at least a bit of a smile with my words, and make you know that, even though we don't know each other, you are, indeed, loved by all of us. Keep strong. I know anyone would be tempted to meet Elvis that soon, but hold on just a bit longer there, buddy! We also need you over here. ... wait, I didn't make things better by having you choose between Elvis and us (especially the Doc), did I? :|
Thanks every,every last one of you!
You have also been an inspiration to me with your prayers,well wishes and support,and i can honestly say im going nowhere just yet,i am still busy living my life ,loving my wife and enjoyiny doing the things that i love,ihave spent most of this year playing my kind of music and watching all of my favourite movies again,and spending time with Joanne,the cancer has certainly made me appreciate the great times i have had and the times that i still have left.Joanne is putting up Christmas trees and decorations for the weekend so we can start celebrating Christmas early as i dont want to miss a moment.I recieved a letter tnis morning to see a consultant next thursday (25th nov)for an up to date prognosis about what is coming next.We have had the meeting with some doctors and Macmillan cancer teams regarding end of life care and what our wishes are but i did tell them they were a bit early for that kind of talk and they said i had a genuinly great atitude so that is a good thing,Also i have been given some steroids to see if they can do any good.They said there is a very slim chance i could try more chemotherapy.Obviously i would try if viable.As always i will keep you all informed

-instagram kenh1964

elvislady1964
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by elvislady1964 »

keninlincs wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:13 pm
billyblues wrote:

You have also been an inspiration to me with your prayers,well wishes and support,and i can honestly say im going nowhere just yet,i am still busy living my life ,loving my wife and enjoyiny doing the things that i love,ihave spent most of this year playing my kind of music and watching all of my favourite movies again,and spending time with Joanne,the cancer has certainly made me appreciate the great times i have had and the times that i still have left.Joanne is putting up Christmas trees and decorations for the weekend so we can start celebrating Christmas early as i dont want to miss a moment.I recieved a letter tnis morning to see a consultant next thursday (25th nov)for an up to date prognosis about what is coming next.We have had the meeting with some doctors and Macmillan cancer teams regarding end of life care and what our wishes are but i did tell them they were a bit early for that kind of talk and they said i had a genuinly great atitude so that is a good thing,Also i have been given some steroids to see if they can do any good.They said there is a very slim chance i could try more chemotherapy.Obviously i would try if viable.As always i will keep you all informed
Ken, Thankyou for sharing your amazing journey... Your great attitude to life. I really hope the treatment helps you above and beyond. Have a fantastic early Christmas...and a even better Dec 25th .
My very best wishes to you and Joanne. And your family.
Jeanettex

Welcome To My World!
https://www.youtube.com/user/elvislady
Do Something Worth Remembering...... Elvis Presley

Thank You
Jeanette

Topic author
keninlincs
Mood:

Post by keninlincs »

keninlincs wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:13 pm
billyblues wrote:

Thanks Jeanette.

-instagram kenh1964