Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

Copyright Infringement

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:21 am

It seems You Tube are allowing companies to go crazy now with copyright claims
The minute I put up video in nanoseconds I was told all the songs I was infringing
My attempt to upload Stars Never Ending Love was blocked worldwide
I was contacted for using 12 seconds of Ed Sullivan in the Graceland 1985 docu

How are others getting away with it - surely every Elvis song etc is copyright infringement
I even changed names of Pieces Of My Life The Ultimate Live Anthology to see if I could bypass it
I googled use of how to get around it using fair use line but it doesn't seem to work now
Lots of you tube videos showing how to avoid but none have helped me

My channel with stuff still up - I had planned to upload tons but three copyright strikes & you tube BAN you for life
http://m.youtube.com/channel/UCPsAIdrUq_MiLS4aXOT_OOg

Re: Copyright Infringement

Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:38 am

I haven't made a real video since they struck my account once. For a Bob Dylan song with one photo that I took -- of the ocean. It was a lovely little introduction to the great Bootleg Series. I included links to buy from all major retailers.

It's been back "in good standing" for over a year, but it freaked me out.

With Elvis, stay away from live 50s TV. That will get ya!

I thought Joan Baez was no problem, but a GREAT video for "Elvis Presley Blues" was taken down. It was one of the greatest vids ever for a song about Elvis. I didn't make it. It was so great! Dang shame!

You never know. It took the fun out of it for me. I only PROMOTED the music! I really stressed it! *BUY THE MUSIC* I had in the description, with full and easy instructions. Like radio but better.

YouTube pays royalties.

Sigh.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:42 am

I think if someone makes a complant they strike you and Ebay dont look into the matter :(

Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:44 pm

You're right that it is a problem and in many cases I've been given a copyright notice for a song that isn't even in the video. I've tried disputing it but lost the dispute. That being said, I have at least 6 videos with copyright claims but have not been banned. Youtube has probably started working with the copyright owners to allow the placing of ads on our videos rather than taking the videos down.
There was talk a couple of years ago where youtube would be shut down due to all the copyrighted videos being uploaded. It seems that they must have come together with the publishing companies for an arrangement that gave the copyright holders the chance to advertise on your video free of charge and at the same time allow you to keep the video uploaded.
I'm not sure what would lead to a banning of the subscriber but it hasn't happened to me and as I said I have at least 6 videos with copyrighted songs on them. The only ones I've taken down are the ones that are blocked in certain countries and that appears to happen with the earlier Elvis songs (like Party, Can't Help Falling in Love, etc).
They seem to have some kind of software that can detect the music or words immediately after the upload. Quite incredible actually when you imagine how sophisticated it must be.

Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:16 pm

lucio wrote:They seem to have some kind of software that can detect the music or words immediately after the upload. Quite incredible actually when you imagine how sophisticated it must be.

Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:20 pm

It appears that some companies are slowly learning that allowing, for example, the use of an Elvis song on a video on youtube is actually a free advert. This is certainly the case with Sinatra, it seems. His songs from the Reprise catalogue were normally taken down within days, but now are left up. It depends on the copyright owner in the end.