Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

"The day I met Elvis" - Hawaii 1973

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:37 pm

The user writes:

I shot this film clip on Waikiki Beach on January 9, 1973 with my handy little super 8mm movie camera with no sound. I was swimming in the lagoon behind the Ilikai Hotel when I realized Elvis was about to arrive on a Jet Ranger helicopter on a little heli pad just a few yards from where I was swimming. Elvis was about to make history by performing to the largest live audience in history via satellite. The concert was called "Aloha From Hawaii". I made my way up to the fence and waited for his arrival with movie camera in hand. Once he landed, he made his way around the perimeter fence shaking hands with fans. I couldn't believe it when he came my direction and eventually shook my hand. He stopped for several seconds and spoke to the lady next to me. It seems they had been on the same airline flight once back in 1957. Of course Elvis didn't remember her and then made his way to his Jeep with his father and crew and made his way to the Ilikai Hotel which was just across the street from my sisters apt. I knew at that very moment I had to be involved in the music industry in some form or fashion.
The audio I put over this video is from the "Aloha From Hawaii" concert that he performed 2 days after this film was shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VIIP94Wx_E

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VIIP94Wx_E[/youtube]

Re: "The day I met Elvis" - Hawaii 1973

Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:24 am

If cleaned up, it'd be a nice little bonus feature on this year's 40th Anniversary release (wouldn't it Ernst, with all the other new stuff you've tracked down?!!!).

I gather rode in the Jeep to the hotel? I wonder what fan interactions or reports may exist from eye witnesses for that short journey, or if there was another gather of fans at the hotel (which today displays a lot of Elvis related material).

Re: "The day I met Elvis" - Hawaii 1973

Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:20 am

Great Post And Video Jim Dandy - Yes you are right in saying that this would be a good bonus on 40th Anniversary release - Perhaps Ernst can gather more accounts from various fans who were lucky to see Elvis during this time - WOW - Now thats a thought -Thanks for sharing this great footage - TCE4Ever- ::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.