Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

Beatles Juke Box Jury 29th June 1963 devil in disguise

Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:46 pm

phpBB [video]

Re: Beatles Juke Box Jury 29th June 1963 devil in disguise

Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:33 am

Wonderful to confirm what I've always known, and that is that John Lennon and Elvis Presley were entirely different persons. One, Lennon, criticizes, and says what he says about the other, in public, ("i don't like him"), then some months later, secretly begs his manager, Brian Esptein, to do his utmost to find a date where he could meet him. And they all did, in August of 1965. Then, inspite of eventually brutally criticizing him, on an interview for French TV (they cut his bullocks off, in the Army", we learn that he went to see Elvis in 1972, at the Garden, BUT incognito (sort of what Paul Anka once did, hiding outside Elvis' tent, during a locale shoot), WHILE STILL ANNOUNCING HIS LOVE FOR ELVIS, one heard as he shouted "Elvis, I love you", some three weeks after, in the same venue, and also in front of 20,000. This without even analyzing his taking a huge Elvis pin to the Grammy's. Finally, on August 17, 1977, he starts falling into a depression that, according to Yoko Ono, plagued him until his own assassinaton. The Elvis depression.

The other, Presley, when asked publicly, would not make a comment on anyone, apart from his having mentioned them, favourably, in front of what turned out to be 50 million TV viewers during a segment of the 1968 NBC TV special. Then, when visiting Nixon, in 1970, a meeting which unlike the Beatles' meeting with Elvis in Los Angeles, went on to become SECRET for almost two years, he did make a truly negative mention of the Beatles but only because he thought that would render him some kind of favour, vis a vis his asking Nixon to act on something he knew by then, was his last chance to get, namely the federal badge, having been denied of it hours before by the respectice agency. According to Jerry Schilling, he never criticized the Beatles, professionally, even railing at his own inability to do as he'd done in the past, be independent and creative, naming the Beatles as just that, great musicians who were doing what they pleased, reminding him of what he'd been before.

What I find baffling is that instead of disliking him more and more, as his music became passe in Lennon's eyes, why is it that the sequence of events fails to show exactly that. "Elvis died in the Army, where they cut his bullocks off" (1977), preceded by " I don't like him" (1963), but with the "I love you Elvis"" (1972), then "I'll, take a pin to the Grammy's and dress like you , so that everyone knows how I feel about you"", (a thought I am inventing, of course, 1975), all sandwiched in between. Then Lennon falls into a depression when Presley dies that lasts close to 2 years, and this in spite of saying, I repeat, right after Elvis died, that "For me, Elvis died when he was in the Army, where they cut his bullocks off. Go figure that out!!!

Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:02 pm

No doubt John Lennon thought Elvis was great and as he said without Elvis there would be no Beatles but didn't care too much what he was doing after the army he had a cocky way about him but that was John

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:06 pm

robbie wrote:No doubt John Lennon thought Elvis was great and as he said without Elvis there would be no Beatles but didn't care too much what he was doing after the army he had a cocky way about him but that was John

+1

When the Fab Four met Elvis: By RAY CONNOLLY...

John, as usual, was being John. ‘Why have you dropped the old rock stuff?’ he asked Elvis bluntly, adding that he’d loved his early records and didn’t go for the film songs.

Elvis, not used to being even mildly criticised, and hating the film songs himself, responded that he would be making rock records again soon.

Oh, good. We’ll buy them when you do,’ came back John.

Lennon probably wasn’t being rude — that was the way he always talked, and he wasn’t making fun either when, putting on an Inspector Clouseau accent, he added: ‘Zis is ze way it should be... ze small homely gathering wiz a few friends and a leetle muzic.’

Later, overhearing Elvis say that he was being paid $1 million a movie and that one had only taken him 15 days to shoot, Lennon reputedly cracked: ‘Well, we’ve got an hour to spare now, let’s make an epic together, shall we.’

At his apartment building, the Dakota, New York, New York, February 25th, 1975

Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:27 pm

yes and of couse he must have thought the 68 special was great and so on, and he would not have gone to see him Rock the Garden

Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:10 pm

He wasn't there. It's an old rumor that somehow still goes around.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:10 pm

Mike Eder wrote:He wasn't there. It's an old rumor that somehow still goes around.

This is where the so called rumor comes from. It has been assumed that because Dylan and Lennon were in New York during that time, that they could not have possibly been unaware of Elvis MSG's concerts, since they were first advertised in the New York Times. It was also known, to anyone who ever knew the Lennons, that Yoko Ono could not stand Lennon's obsession with everything Elvis. Because Lennon knew of Dylans's penchant for Elvis, it was then agreed, between the two, to get those 2 tickets behind Yoko Ono's back, and on top of that, to go to the Garden wearing incognitos clothing.

Moreover, John then asked Dylan not to ever mention their doing that to anyone. Makes sense, for it is not only a childish attidude (Lennon was seen in New York a lot, in parks, etc, during that time, but never wearing anything but normal clothing), but it is a cowardly one, too (Yoko ruled, so John could not tell her that, after all, he'd go to the concert, just as George Harrison did). To this date, Dylan has kept his promise.

The problem arose as a result of a couple who sat next to where Lennon and Dylan were ostensibly seating. They found them quite familiar (this was during the concert, but they thought of nothing other than just keep seeing Elvis perform). Moreover, it was their weird appearance that made the couple to later, much later ( as they were ALL leaving the concert), to be interested in what they would say. And what they heard was and I quote, "Man, Elvis was awesome!!", with the other replying, "Yeah, It's an atomic bomb"" Unquote.

This has happened to every person who's ever gone to a movie theatre, or a concert. No one can deny it. No one. First, your attention is drawn, like a magnet, by another moviegoer, or concertgoer, as you leave the premises. He, or she, or the two together, is, or are different, they act differently, wearing something out of the ordinary, whatever. In these cases, 100 out of 100 people would, whether they like it or not, hear what that person, or couple, or whatever, would say especially if you are next to that person, or persons.

Now, Dylan once mentioned seeing Elvis in Las Vegas, to a friend, explaining the matter of his writing "Went to see the gypsie", which as everyone knows, was recorded much before the MSG date. In 2009, he said he never met him, because he didn't want to meet him, which is an altogether different thing than seeing or not seeing him.perform. Out of the 2000 rock stars, aspiring or otherwise, who ever saw Elvis live, only 10 percent actually met him, either privately, or after a concert, so even if Dylan insists, to his dying day, that he never met him, his not seeing perform has nothing to do with it. I say, he either saw him prior to 1970, it has to be Vegas (saw his show there, I repeat, not met him, as no other date fits), or saw his show with John at MSG, but can't tell it).

Dylan never met Elvis, and his excuse for not meeting him, and comparison to what the Beatles had to go through, which he wouldn't (LOL) is pitiful. Just ask Robert Plant, who saw one of his 1969 shows, in Vegas, then saw him in NYC, at MSG in 1972, but only "met" him after seing him at the LA, Forum, at a hotel in 1974.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:13 pm

Mike Eder wrote:He wasn't there. It's an old rumor that somehow still goes around.

+1

I recall seeing Lennon in a '75 interview saying he wanted to see Elvis and denied ever seeing Elvis live in concert. If Lennon did see Elvis, I doubt he wouldn't have kept it a secret.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:06 pm

EPA4368 wrote:

+1

I recall seeing Lennon in a '75 interview saying he wanted to see Elvis and denied ever seeing Elvis live in concert. If Lennon did see Elvis, I doubt he wouldn't have kept it a secret.

Yeah it was published in Spin magazine in 1988.