Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

Through The Years (1968-1977)

Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:27 am

A pretty good video document [in 3 parts] of the King's last 9 years.
Kinda makes you gulp at how productive he really was [certainly up to '73] in such a short space of time.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Re: Through The Years (1968-1977)

Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:44 am

Many thanks. :smt006

Covers the ground well, and ends up very sad. (Only quibble: they should have stripped most of the sound from This Is Elvis, and replaced with . . . whatever seemed appropriate).

Just amazing, looking at it this way, how dramatically and swiftly he changed. It's always startling.

In the first clip, it was interesting how they used his guitar as soundtrack to other footage, and suggests more possibilities for his guitar work from the special for other documentary purposes - or even in a feature film. It's very, very strong and evocative.

Oh, one more thing. Just imagine if this were his entire career. Just this. Guy is kickin' around Nashville for a number of years, and after some time in the service and doing odd jobs to survive, is somehow is brought before the public in a raw, explosive television special. And then falls apart in the time allotted just as he did. Mind-blowing.

rjm

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:23 pm

Thnxs a lot.
Perfect.

Grt. Michel.

::rocks

Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:07 am

Impressive editiing. The third part was really sad to watch. Thanks for posting.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:41 am

I've always found it really striking how Gladys changed in such a short time as well. Notice pictures of her and Vernon when Elvis was just a wee lad vs. just around the time Elvis rose to stardom.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:49 am

BrianTCB wrote:I've always found it really striking how Gladys changed in such a short time as well. Notice pictures of her and Vernon when Elvis was just a wee lad vs. just around the time Elvis rose to stardom.

Wish I had the photo, but there's a pic of her when he was in his late teens, and she looked very different. Much thinner, and her face had a different look. A totally different look.

Got it off of Google images right quick. Knew what I was looking for:

ElandMamaDifferent.jpg

rjm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:05 pm

Really Enjoyable - Ty For Sharing elvialisellers -