Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

Did It Again! New Video . . .

Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:27 am

I'm incorrigible. I was home with a bad ear infection today, so I finished my new video. I was going to keep it unlisted, but what the heck.

phpBB [video]



It won't go on Facebook, or Twitter, or wherever, for a few weeks, though. A couple weeks.

What is "monetization"? They show ads already on a lot of 'em, and I don't want to get paid: I want the money to go as roylaties, wherever possible. Besides you opt out of all "third-party" content, anyway. So that leaves home movies. Silly. I almost did it, because they made it so I can't put the new video on mobile, because mobile has no ads, so I clicked the monetize thingy, and I didn't want it. I get on ads anyway on a lot of 'em, and can't get any money, which I don't want anyway, from videos with songs, so it's for people who do covers. I got out of it, just in time. Silly. (I don't do covers, and don't want to get paid for when I upload my home movies . . . :roll: )

But they don't want the vids on IPhones, or other mobile devices anymore. No ads there. And Apple doesn't care for Google, and will no longer upgrade Flash, which YouTube uses. So, that's gotta be part of not allowing it on mobile. But that's bad! Cause a lot of people use mobile! I guess maybe it has to do with certain copyright owners. Elvis is IN this video, but he's not doing the singing. Maybe SONY is better . . . has been so far.

So, hope you like it. (Sorry, Dewey, wherever you are. But it kinda fit.)

I think it's a cool vid, which finally explores a strange, beautiful song in which Elvis plays an interesting part. He met Elvis back in Feb. 1956, when he got an autograph after a concert, and was inspired to become a musician. The TCB band plays on this record, and the core of that band went to Emmylou Harris after Gram passed on. They played on this. "Pick it, James." James gets his due, here. So, every Elvis fan should be familiar with this song, and the associated recordings - as well as the so-called "country rock" movement. Now, they will

(Didn't mess with the audio ONE IOTA! Promise! :wink: )

rjm

Re: Did It Again! New Video . . .

Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:56 am

Oh, the YouTube blurb, 'cause you're probably watching it here.

-----------------------
Gram Parsons -- "Return of The Grievous Angel"

Recorded, 1973, not long before Parsons lost his life to a drug overdose. Gram Parsons saw an Elvis Presley concert in February, 1956 in Waycross, GA, and got an autograph after the show. He then decided to become a musician.

Elvis' "TCB Band," later the core of Gram's friend Emmylou Harris' "Hot Band," played with Gram Parsons on this song, and on two albums. "Pick it, James!"

So, what is this song "about"?

Some have claimed "The Grievous Angel" is actually a truck: an 18-Wheeler. Well, that's one idea.

Is it biographical, or autobiographical?

All biography is autobiography, as Parsons makes so clear in this song.

What is a Calico Bonnet? Everyone has one, I guess, of one kind or another.

Photographs: Copyright notices have been added to classic Alfred Wertheimer photographs, to assure proper credit.

Original photographs, by the Uploader, of outdoor scenes in Memphis, Tenn., including The River. Copyright 1981, robinmark64@gmail.com, robinmark@yahoo.com, robinmark@earthlink.net

Most other photos: kudos and credit to the great archivists and photo-experts at FECC!

Please *buy the music*!

Dedicated, of course, to the memory of Gram Parsons.

___________________

rjm

Re: Did It Again! New Video . . .

Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:40 am

rjm wrote:I'm incorrigible. I was home with a bad ear infection today, so I finished my new video. I was going to keep it unlisted, but what the heck.

phpBB [video]



It won't go on Facebook, or Twitter, or wherever, for a few weeks, though. A couple weeks.

What is "monetization"? They show ads already on a lot of 'em, and I don't want to get paid: I want the money to go as roylaties, wherever possible. Besides you opt out of all "third-party" content, anyway. So that leaves home movies. Silly. I almost did it, because they made it so I can't put the new video on mobile, because mobile has no ads, so I clicked the monetize thingy, and I didn't want it. I get on ads anyway on a lot of 'em, and can't get any money, which I don't want anyway, from videos with songs, so it's for people who do covers. I got out of it, just in time. Silly. (I don't do covers, and don't want to get paid for when I upload my home movies . . . :roll: )

But they don't want the vids on IPhones, or other mobile devices anymore. No ads there. And Apple doesn't care for Google, and will no longer upgrade Flash, which YouTube uses. So, that's gotta be part of not allowing it on mobile. But that's bad! Cause a lot of people use mobile! I guess maybe it has to do with certain copyright owners. Elvis is IN this video, but he's not doing the singing. Maybe SONY is better . . . has been so far.

So, hope you like it. (Sorry, Dewey, wherever you are. But it kinda fit.)

I think it's a cool vid, which finally explores a strange, beautiful song in which Elvis plays an interesting part. He met Elvis back in Feb. 1956, when he got an autograph after a concert, and was inspired to become a musician. The TCB band plays on this record, and the core of that band went to Emmylou Harris after Gram passed on. They played on this. "Pick it, James." James gets his due, here. So, every Elvis fan should be familiar with this song, and the associated recordings - as well as the so-called "country rock" movement. Now, they will

(Didn't mess with the audio ONE IOTA! Promise! :wink: )

rjm

Awesome

Re: Did It Again! New Video . . .

Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:15 am

keninlincs wrote:
rjm wrote:I'm incorrigible. I was home with a bad ear infection today, so I finished my new video. I was going to keep it unlisted, but what the heck.

phpBB [video]



It won't go on Facebook, or Twitter, or wherever, for a few weeks, though. A couple weeks.

What is "monetization"? They show ads already on a lot of 'em, and I don't want to get paid: I want the money to go as roylaties, wherever possible. Besides you opt out of all "third-party" content, anyway. So that leaves home movies. Silly. I almost did it, because they made it so I can't put the new video on mobile, because mobile has no ads, so I clicked the monetize thingy, and I didn't want it. I get on ads anyway on a lot of 'em, and can't get any money, which I don't want anyway, from videos with songs, so it's for people who do covers. I got out of it, just in time. Silly. (I don't do covers, and don't want to get paid for when I upload my home movies . . . :roll: )

But they don't want the vids on IPhones, or other mobile devices anymore. No ads there. And Apple doesn't care for Google, and will no longer upgrade Flash, which YouTube uses. So, that's gotta be part of not allowing it on mobile. But that's bad! Cause a lot of people use mobile! I guess maybe it has to do with certain copyright owners. Elvis is IN this video, but he's not doing the singing. Maybe SONY is better . . . has been so far.

So, hope you like it. (Sorry, Dewey, wherever you are. But it kinda fit.)

I think it's a cool vid, which finally explores a strange, beautiful song in which Elvis plays an interesting part. He met Elvis back in Feb. 1956, when he got an autograph after a concert, and was inspired to become a musician. The TCB band plays on this record, and the core of that band went to Emmylou Harris after Gram passed on. They played on this. "Pick it, James." James gets his due, here. So, every Elvis fan should be familiar with this song, and the associated recordings - as well as the so-called "country rock" movement. Now, they will

(Didn't mess with the audio ONE IOTA! Promise! :wink: )

rjm

Awesome


Really? Wow! Thanks so much, Ken!!! :D :smt023

rjm {smiley for feeling like a million bucks!}

Re: Did It Again! New Video . . .

Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:19 am

rjm wrote:
keninlincs wrote:
rjm wrote:I'm incorrigible. I was home with a bad ear infection today, so I finished my new video. I was going to keep it unlisted, but what the heck.

phpBB [video]



It won't go on Facebook, or Twitter, or wherever, for a few weeks, though. A couple weeks.

What is "monetization"? They show ads already on a lot of 'em, and I don't want to get paid: I want the money to go as roylaties, wherever possible. Besides you opt out of all "third-party" content, anyway. So that leaves home movies. Silly. I almost did it, because they made it so I can't put the new video on mobile, because mobile has no ads, so I clicked the monetize thingy, and I didn't want it. I get on ads anyway on a lot of 'em, and can't get any money, which I don't want anyway, from videos with songs, so it's for people who do covers. I got out of it, just in time. Silly. (I don't do covers, and don't want to get paid for when I upload my home movies . . . :roll: )

But they don't want the vids on IPhones, or other mobile devices anymore. No ads there. And Apple doesn't care for Google, and will no longer upgrade Flash, which YouTube uses. So, that's gotta be part of not allowing it on mobile. But that's bad! Cause a lot of people use mobile! I guess maybe it has to do with certain copyright owners. Elvis is IN this video, but he's not doing the singing. Maybe SONY is better . . . has been so far.

So, hope you like it. (Sorry, Dewey, wherever you are. But it kinda fit.)

I think it's a cool vid, which finally explores a strange, beautiful song in which Elvis plays an interesting part. He met Elvis back in Feb. 1956, when he got an autograph after a concert, and was inspired to become a musician. The TCB band plays on this record, and the core of that band went to Emmylou Harris after Gram passed on. They played on this. "Pick it, James." James gets his due, here. So, every Elvis fan should be familiar with this song, and the associated recordings - as well as the so-called "country rock" movement. Now, they will

(Didn't mess with the audio ONE IOTA! Promise! :wink: )

rjm

Awesome


Really? Wow! Thanks so much, Ken!!! :D :smt023

rjm {smiley for feeling like a million bucks!}

Loved Gram Parsons

Re: Did It Again! New Video . . .

Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:42 pm

keninlincs wrote:Loved Gram Parsons


There's this wistful loveliness, yet a toughness, too. He was unconfined to genre, and he wasn't purely a "singer-songwriter," because he did whatever material he felt, and sometimes it was what he wrote, as here.

For literally decades, I have wondered about the sound and arrangement of "Wild Horses." Now, while he did have some connection to them (I can't recall it exactly), there is no evidence I know of that he was involved in "Wild Horses." Except I have ALWAYS heard him in it. Not him, literally, but . . . he did have an unmistakable quality.

The song is fascinating. It is absolutely true that after witnessning the Elvis show and getting the autograph, he made his decision as to what he wanted to do with his life. As I understand it, his folks were not pleased. (As you probably know, his buddies kidnapped his body from the airport, took it to the Joshua Tree National Forest, and burnt him up, as I assume he wished. His family was unamused. If this turned out to be an urban legend, well, I actually learned it in school! In college they had a course called "Rock and Country Music," and the prof. regaled us with the tale!)

So, to start off with, Elvis was important to him, without argument. And then, when he got the chance, he hired most of the band! For those two albums. And on one of the ones with several members of the TCB band, this one, he sails across that River Bridge (in American music, this means only one bridge: the one I photographed while on The River). And he "met up with the king," who was "wearing an amphetamine crown"! Holy Moly! This was recorded in 1973. He died on Sep. 19 of that year. Someone had a BIIIIGGGG Mouth!

You have to wonder if Elvis made the connection, but we cannot know. I do know that in '74, when he was listening to similar types of music (he listened to Bread, and this is way cooler, and it had his band members), he got, uh, a little upset on stage. :wink: And said something to the order of "if I find the individual who has been saying . . . I will rip your {goldang} tongue out BY THE ROOTS!

Glen never returned, in Elvis's lifetime. Why does this not surprise me? :smt002

Anyway, Parsons was so great, and it really was so tragic. Emmylou Harris has done her best to make sure no one forgets him.

rjm
P.S. -- Well, I'll be doggone! I did not know this! I only "heard" it in the music. After all this time, here it is! Man.

Widipedia wrote:In the liner notes to the 1993 Rolling Stones collection Jump Back: The Best of The Rolling Stones, Jagger states, "Everyone always says this was written about Marianne but I don't think it was; that was all well over by then. But I was definitely very inside this piece emotionally."[1] Keith Richards and Gram Parsons wrote the melody and came up with the phrase "Wild Horses".[1]

Re: Did It Again! New Video . . .

Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:56 am

Excellent job rjm!

Re: Did It Again! New Video . . .

Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:07 am

Joe Car wrote:Excellent job rjm!


Thanks, Joe!!! :D

rjm :smt006

Re: Did It Again! New Video . . .

Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:36 am

Nice job! I love Gram, too.

Re: Did It Again! New Video . . .

Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:03 am

Lisa Rose wrote:Nice job! I love Gram, too.


Many thanks, Lisa. Much appreciated!

Best,
rjm