Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

As Promised! "And The Grass Won't Pay No Mind" -- Thanks.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:23 am

Thanks for so much!

phpBB [video]

I tried to find the photos I wanted from the FECC archives, as I posted. I asked if there were any objections, and noted none. Thank you so much. Some of the pics are not well known, and lovely. Didn't end up including June or Dixie, cause it made him look like a runaround. :smt002

A few I couldn't find here, and were famous. They had probably started here in the first place. I took one myself in Memphis of the studio: it was in color originally, and I took a zoom pic, too. Don't really know which one is there.

The rest is original photography and video shot at Irvine Regional Park here where I live.

Enjoy!

rjm

Re: As Promised! "And The Grass Won't Pay No Mind" -- Thanks

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:52 am

Nice video R,well done

Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:59 am

Thanks Ken. :smt006 I worked on this for a while. Laid down in the grass to get that close-up of, well, grass. And then used various transparency and masking techniques to bring them to 2012. It was fun!

You can call me by my first name if you like; it's in the google-gmail handle YouTube gives you.

rjm

Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:04 am

Thanks Robin,was nice to see the Photo of American sound i was there in 87 never went back before it was demolished,have the tour on vhs somewhere
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:51 pm

Cool, you took the tour! We were parked diagonally across from it (and I got the person who was driving to drive in front for a better shot, with my telephoto lens), but they wouldn't get out of the car. It was really pink -- the studio, I mean. In person, it looked so pink. That's how I remember it.

It was in a sort of desolate section of north Memphis, and they wouldn't get out. And they had tours, which you had to wait for, and well, I lost.

They should rebuild like with Stax, as a museum. Maybe every little bit helps. I put the studio name in the title of the video. And emphasized it. I chose the outtake for that reason, really.

Many, many thanks for sharing your tour pictures! Not a lot of those around.

rjm

Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:26 pm

rjm wrote:Cool, you took the tour! We were parked diagonally across from it (and I got the person who was driving to drive in front for a better shot, with my telephoto lens), but they wouldn't get out of the car. It was really pink -- the studio, I mean. In person, it looked so pink. That's how I remember it.

It was in a sort of desolate section of north Memphis, and they wouldn't get out. And they had tours, which you had to wait for, and well, I lost.

They should rebuild like with Stax, as a museum. Maybe every little bit helps. I put the studio name in the title of the video. And emphasized it. I chose the outtake for that reason, really.

Many, many thanks for sharing your tour pictures! Not a lot of those around.

rjm

I will transfer the tour to dvd then upload it to you tube so all can see it

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Very nicely done, rjm. Thanks for sharing.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:54 pm

Very enjoyable and well done rjm!

Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:37 am

Thank you all SO much!!!

rjm
P.S. Great idea, Ken, thanks!
::rocks