Elvis LA PALOMA Video

Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Erhan
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Elvis LA PALOMA Video

Post by Erhan »

I hope you all like my new upload I've already got my first dislike in first hours you know someone said "Everyone’s entitled to one stupid mistake" :) so I hope you thumbs up
ELVIS LA PALOMA (NO MORE) (Best Picture & Sound Quality)

Erhan

YOUTUBE
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Re: Elvis LA PALOMA Video

Post by Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man »

??

It's just a rip from the Deluxe Aloha DVD?

TELL IT LIKE IT IS, SON!!! Excusez-moi monsieur ?
Image Image

zolderopruiming1

Post by zolderopruiming1 »

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:??

And wrongly titled.
The song in Elvis' version was always called "No more"

Topic author
Erhan
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by Erhan »

zolderopruiming1 wrote:

And wrongly titled.
You had to compare my video from other aloha No More Youtube videos it's not only ripping the DVD.
Wrongly titled ? Oh no you just too young to know that.

Erhan

YOUTUBE
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...

hm80ep
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by hm80ep »

Erhan wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:

And wrongly titled.
You had to compare my video from other aloha No More Youtube videos it's not only ripping the DVD.
Wrongly titled ? Oh no you just too young to know that.
Well, the German single, the cover of which you're showing us, is from 1983. Back in 1973 the song was called "No More."

PS. It was also also called "No More" when Elvis recorded it for the "Blue Hawaii" soundtrack in 1961.

Henryk

Alfredo
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Alfredo »

To enlighten some fans, from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Paloma

"La Paloma" is a popular song, having been produced and reinterpreted in diverse cultures, settings, arrangements, and recordings over the last 140 years. The song was composed and written by Spanish composer Sebastián Iradier (later Yradier) after he visited Cuba in 1861. Iradier may have composed "La Paloma" around 1863, just two years before he died in Spain in obscurity, never to learn how popular his song would become.
In English, a version titled "No More" with lyrics by Don Robertson and Hal Blair was recorded by both Dean Martin and Elvis Presley.

Regards,
Alfred.

Universidad de Chile team, Tri Champion 2011, Chilean tournaments Apertura and Clausura 2011 and Sudamericana Cup 2011 (undefeated champion)

hm80ep
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by hm80ep »

Alfredo wrote:To enlighten some fans, from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Paloma

"La Paloma" is a popular song, having been produced and reinterpreted in diverse cultures, settings, arrangements, and recordings over the last 140 years. The song was composed and written by Spanish composer Sebastián Iradier (later Yradier) after he visited Cuba in 1861. Iradier may have composed "La Paloma" around 1863, just two years before he died in Spain in obscurity, never to learn how popular his song would become.
In English, a version titled "No More" with lyrics by Don Robertson and Hal Blair was recorded by both Dean Martin and Elvis Presley.

Regards,
Alfred.
All very true (and well-known to many). However, the title of this thread is still a bit misleading as Elvis never recorded a song called "La Paloma."

Henryk

luckyjackson1
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

Post by luckyjackson1 »

"La Paloma" is really one of my all-time favorite songs. So many many people recorded it with different lyrics. Only one more beautiful example:

When the evening shadows fall
And you're wondering who to call
For a little company
There's always me

HoneyTalkNelson

Post by HoneyTalkNelson »

Dean Martin never recorded a song called "No More."

rjm
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Post by rjm »

Thanks for making this convenient, regardless of the differences or similarities to the DVD. It is a significant insight into Elvis's mood at a crucial time. And it's a drag to go clicking through the DVD for some of these moments. I think most of us have the DVD, and think of these moments often. But how often do we take the time to re-watch? It's not like the '68 Special, after all.

So, I "like." (Elvis often knew the old songs from which his new-improved versions came. Don't know about any interest in the origin of this one, but he often showed an interest in such tunes. His musical vocabulary was vast.)

rjm
P.S. -- It would be even more interesting to weave the video "interjections" by Elvis with those from the the Alternate Aloha disc. They are not the same. The audio-only version has him really going at Glen Hardin: "Glen, can't you follow a damn thing!" One could weave the sound along with that splendiferous eye-roll! (Gosh, I want an "Elvis-Eye-Rolling-Smiley"!!) Or whatever you wanted to do. I like to do narratives at present, but this sort of thing is interesting. And as I said, convenient.
P.P.S. -- Of course, Elvis's publishers thought: "Spanish, Hawaiian . . . what's the difference? No one will know." {Elvis-Eye-Roll}

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

"Treat me mean and cruel, treat me like a fool, but love me!"

My Tumblr blog: https://robinmark64.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/robinmark64

promiseland
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Post by promiseland »

So whats the point of this thread just a ripped video from Aloha with an incorrect title ?
Am I missing something here??

rjm

Post by rjm »

promiseland wrote:So whats the point of this thread just a ripped video from Aloha with an incorrect title ?
The point? Why, doesn't everyone know that The Greatest Generation saved the world for one thing:

CONVENIENCE!!

That's the point.

See?

rjm

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

promiseland
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Post by promiseland »

rjm wrote:
promiseland wrote:So whats the point of this thread just a ripped video from Aloha with an incorrect title ?
The point? Why, doesn't everyone know that The Greatest Generation saved the world for one thing:

CONVENIENCE!!

That's the point.

See?

rjm
what?

luckyjackson1
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

Post by luckyjackson1 »

HoneyTalkNelson wrote:Dean Martin never recorded a song called "No More."
No, Dean Martin recorded a song called "La Paloma"! :D

When the evening shadows fall
And you're wondering who to call
For a little company
There's always me

HoneyTalkNelson

Post by HoneyTalkNelson »

Exactly! :)

rjm

Post by rjm »

promiseland wrote:
rjm wrote:

CONVENIENCE!!

That's the point.

See?

rjm
what?
His clip is convenient. But it would proably be better to go with the actual, full DVD, even if it isn't as convenient.

As you can see, there are trade-offs for convenience. If Betty Furness were still around, I'm sure she'd agree!! LOL

rjm

Aeschylus

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man »

Can anyone tell me what on earth rjm is talking about in all the posts on this thread?

TELL IT LIKE IT IS, SON!!! Excusez-moi monsieur ?
Image Image

rjm

Post by rjm »

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Can anyone tell me what on earth rjm is talking about in all the posts on this thread?
{giggle}

I'm not posting from Earth tonight; I have my Galaxy Tab, which I took to Kronos for the annual Bat'leth Tournament. That IS why they call it a "Galaxy" tablet, no? :smt005

rjm
P.S. -- Sheesh! DVD=old fashioned, not very convenient. Quickie YouTube clip of Elvis being an ill-humored smart-a$$ in 1973=CONVENIENCE!!

Ah, when ya hafta explain a joke . . . (sigh)
Last edited by rjm on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aeschylus

craigallenhicks
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by craigallenhicks »

Like. Thanks for posting Erhan. I agree with rjm- it was convenient.
craig

ColinB
Registered for: 21 years

Post by ColinB »

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:Can anyone tell me what on earth rjm is talking about in all the posts on this thread?
From what I can gather, she's in a bit of a rush today because she's shortly popping out to the CONVENIENCE store.

Either that, or she's wanting to use a public CONVENIENCE..................

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

rjm

Post by rjm »

ColinB wrote:
From what I can gather, she's in a bit of a rush today because she's shortly popping out to the CONVENIENCE store.

Either that, or she's wanting to use a public CONVENIENCE..................
Doggone right!

rjm
P.S. -- You think I made that up about Bat'leth Tournaments? Here's just one! http://janissaries.net/ikvmelota/bto.htm
The ones held on Earth are SO lame; the Warriors don't even want to "die well." Wusses. :smt005

My name in Klingon is IM'AREK. Which I am today.

Aeschylus

rjm

Post by rjm »

craigallenhicks wrote:Like. Thanks for posting Erhan. I agree with rjm- it was convenient.
craig
Thanks, Craig. If you look at his channel, he offers a cornucopia of convenient clips!! Whatever you want, he's apparently got it. (So long as the YouTube "door" doesn't get stuck or something. In which case, you can always break out your old, non-frost-free DVDs.)

rjm

Aeschylus

Tony..
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by Tony.. »

The Elvis 'soundalike' Ral Donner recorded a song very similar to "No more" but I can't remember what it's called. :oops:

Tony..
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by Tony.. »

rjm wrote:Thanks for making this convenient, regardless of the differences or similarities to the DVD. It is a significant insight into Elvis's mood at a crucial time. And it's a drag to go clicking through the DVD for some of these moments. I think most of us have the DVD, and think of these moments often. But how often do we take the time to re-watch? It's not like the '68 Special, after all.

So, I "like." (Elvis often knew the old songs from which his new-improved versions came. Don't know about any interest in the origin of this one, but he often showed an interest in such tunes. His musical vocabulary was vast.)

rjm
P.S. -- It would be even more interesting to weave the video "interjections" by Elvis with those from the the Alternate Aloha disc. They are not the same. The audio-only version has him really going at Glen Hardin: "Glen, can't you follow a damn thing!" One could weave the sound along with that splendiferous eye-roll! (Gosh, I want an "Elvis-Eye-Rolling-Smiley"!!) Or whatever you wanted to do. I like to do narratives at present, but this sort of thing is interesting. And as I said, convenient.
P.P.S. -- Of course, Elvis's publishers thought: "Spanish, Hawaiian . . . what's the difference? No one will know." {Elvis-Eye-Roll}
There is even MORE material from this after-show recording session on the recently released bootleg "Unedited Masters", so I expect there is more film that is unreleased from this also. No doubt it will be on a future "Aloha" DVD re-re-re-release. :roll:

rjm

Post by rjm »

Tony.. wrote:
rjm wrote:P.S. -- It would be even more interesting to weave the video "interjections" by Elvis with those from the the Alternate Aloha disc. They are not the same. The audio-only version has him really going at Glen Hardin: "Glen, can't you follow a damn thing!" One could weave the sound along with that splendiferous eye-roll! (Gosh, I want an "Elvis-Eye-Rolling-Smiley"!!) Or whatever you wanted to do. I like to do narratives at present, but this sort of thing is interesting. And as I said, convenient.
There is even MORE material from this after-show recording session on the recently released bootleg "Unedited Masters", so I expect there is more film that is unreleased from this also. No doubt it will be on a future "Aloha" DVD re-re-re-release. :roll:
That sounds like fun! Does he cuss? (He was in such a mood: The guy says "If you can't cut it, Charlie can . . ." Elvis goes: "Charlie can't cut it, either.") More, please!

rjm

Aeschylus