Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

Re: ELVIS THE KING AND THE QUEEN OF POP LADY GAGA

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:57 am

What is the point of this and your other links exactly?

Do the posts such as this which you constantly post here have a point to them or do you just spend a lot of time browsing Youtube looking for anything to do with Elvis? This one for example, do you have a thought or opinion you'd like to share / discuss with everyone? Do you like it, dislike it and is Lady Gaga the undisputed 'queen of pop' who his going to influence her generation?

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:16 am

Curtis does this on purpose ... :|

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:24 am

You could post all these youtube videos here

viewforum.php?f=13

I thank it is the vest for everibody

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:25 am

I thought Elton John was the Queen of Pop?

Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:38 pm

This is pointless.
Always thought Madonna was the Queen of Pop anyway!

Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:21 pm

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:49 pm

nod3million wrote:Always thought Madonna was the Queen of Pop anyway!

Your assumption is correct.

However talented Gaga maybe, she pales into insignificance when compared to the living legend that is Madonna Ciccone.
Indeed Born This Way ripped off, ahem, "paid homage" to the kick-ass Madonna track Express Yourself.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:50 pm

eap19351977 wrote:you keep call me curtis i done even know who he so please stop your pissing me off

You are pissing off a lot of people with your pointless messages..., Curtis

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:50 pm

eap19351977 wrote:your pissing me off

Just out of curiosity, what happens when you get pissed off?

Thanks in advance.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:43 pm

when they thing things like that there just being silly and i hate it to they thing they know what there talking about and they dont and curtis has not been here in a long time or has he so dont pay any attention to what there thinging just stop posting so many silly links like he use to do and they will stop thinging that

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:08 pm

Rob wrote:when they thing things like that there just being silly and i hate it to they thing they know what there talking about and they dont and curtis has not been here in a long time or has he so dont pay any attention to what there thinging just stop posting so many silly links like he use to do and they will stop thinging that

You dont thing I have bin thinging that myself?

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:31 pm

Rob you are killing me mate!!!

Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:22 pm

eap19351977 wrote:fine ill stop but im not curtis and curtis is not me im jason been jason for 29 years and will be jason when im dead and gone

If thats what you thing it's ok , because you can thing what you want to thing.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:26 pm

Delboy wrote:I thought Elton John was the Queen of Pop?

It's been various people over the years - Madonna, Diana Ross, Aretha Franklin, Cher, Susan Doyle (!) etc, etc, but Lady Blah Blah is currently in vogue due to her constant outfit changing - the 'music' is irrelavent and nothing new.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Tony.. wrote:

It's been various people over the years - Madonna, Diana Ross, Aretha Franklin, Cher, Susan Doyle (!) etc, etc, but Lady Blah Blah is currently in vogue due to her constant outfit changing - the 'music' is irrelavent and nothing new.

Who is Susan Doyle??

Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:23 pm

Tony.. wrote:

Isn't that what the middle-aged said about Elvis in the mid-1950s. popular because of the way he moves and the sideburns etc. The music is irrelevant.

As with the previous threads on gaga, it seems very clear that most people have never heard one song beyond Poker Face, have no idea of the range of her material (such as the startlingly good duet with Tony Bennett on lady is a tramp, and the jazz element now a part of her live shows), or what she stands for. But I guess that ignorance is bliss.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:14 pm

Francesc wrote:
eap19351977 wrote:you keep call me curtis i done even know who he so please stop your pissing me off

You are pissing off a lot of people with your pointless messages..., Curtis

You mean,..he is Curtis Simpleskin... :wink:

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:41 pm

Tony.. wrote:

The one that really stands out in today's music, is Lady GaGa. Besides the fact she really can sing, it's also ''live'' sung, compared to grandma Madonna.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:57 pm

nevermind wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

The one that really stands out in today's music, is Lady GaGa. Besides the fact she really can sing, it's also ''live'' sung, compared to grandma mother Madonna.

Whichever way you cut it, comparing Gaga to Madonna is like comparing Shakin' Stevens to Elvis Presley.

[BTW, I like early Shaky!]

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:02 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:
nevermind wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

The one that really stands out in today's music, is Lady GaGa. Besides the fact she really can sing, it's also ''live'' sung, compared to grandma mother Madonna.

Whichever way you cut it, comparing Gaga to Madonna is like comparing Shakin' Stevens to Elvis Presley.

Did EP lip-sync too during his concerts?

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:06 pm

nevermind wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:
nevermind wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

June 29, 1968 - 2 shows [If I Can Dream]. :D

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:12 pm

nevermind wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:
nevermind wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

If anyone is style over substance these days its Madonna. While one could say she was a chameleon and can change her style from one thing to another, you could also say that she simply jumps on the bandwagon of each new fad. She may have been a trendsetter some 20 years ago, but now she just moves from one thing to another, not able to find her own niche. She sells records today (when she bothers to release any) because of her name rather than because of any great quality to them - although, unsurprisingly, they are at least better than her films! And, as has been mentioned, she refuses to sing live - something which is going to mean any respect I may have had for a singer is going to go straight down the toilet anyway.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:40 pm

poormadpeter wrote:....she refuses to sing live.....

Not really.... Many artists today incorporate some pre-recorded studio vocals into a live performance. It's hardly unique. Further, it would be unrealistic and naive to expect such a high energy show [particularly for a lady in her 50's] to showcase nothing but live vocals. That said, the good bulk of Madonna's more recent shows did indeed feature for the majority "pure" live vocals. To suggest anything otherwise would be a fallacy.

phpBB [video]

Peak period Madonna - live vocals :smt055

Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:40 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:

Not really.... Many artists today incorporate some pre-recorded studio vocals into a live performance. It's hardly unique. Further, it would be unrealistic and naive to expect such a high energy show [particularly for a lady in her 50's] to showcase nothing but live vocals. That said, the good bulk of Madonna's more recent shows did indeed feature for the majority "pure" live vocals. To suggest anything otherwise would be a fallacy.

phpBB [video]

Naive and unrealistic to expect 100% live vocals?

For a €80-100 ticket, yes. I expect live, all the way, no lip-sync. If grandma Madonna can't fullfil that, it's time to quit.

And by the way, the video you posted, The Blond Ambition Tour was the best she ever did.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:49 pm

nevermind wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:

phpBB [video]

Naive and unrealistic to expect 100% live vocals?

For a €80-100 ticket, yes. I expect live, all the way, no lip-sync. If grandma mother Madonna can't fullfil that, it's time to quit.

And by the way, the video you posted, The Blond Ambition Tour was the best she ever did.

Let's agree to disagree "nevermind".
I'm with you on The Blonde Ambition Tour. Fcuking amazing! Which reminds me, I'm due to receive the 3 pro-shot gigs [Barcelona, Paris, Tokyo] on DVD any day soon. :D