Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

MINE EYES HAVE SEEN!

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:23 am

Let your eyes see it too!

I made this. Me, myself, and I. Just me. I DID THE BIG ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!

And spread the link around!!!

Peace.
phpBB [video]

rjm
Last edited by rjm on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: MINE EYES HAVE SEEN!

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:41 am

Great

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:52 am

Thanks, Ken!

I worried and suffered over this one for a couple weeks, but it came together today. I mean, I did it today. But the concept was was tough, and I worried if I could execute it. I think I DID!

I am SO stoked!!! My dad saw this on YouTube, and he actually said: "fantastic," even though he has only a vague idea of what "YouTube" is. Well, I think he's got that its music videos, and other videos, but he never watched MTV in the first place. Does watch some documentaries, so I said that it's like in a film, where they set the images to music . . . anyway, he saw it on YouTube and said that.

Thanks so much. This is outta my heart. I looked for months for a really good "If I Can Dream" on YouTube, and mostly people just play the performance footage. There is one with three different takes, side by side, and that's cool.

I haven't seen a narrative, that I know of. I hope I "stuck the landing," as they say in the Olympics. What did Elvis say about performing? "Sometimes I feel like my heart's going to explode." I think that's the quote, although a word may be off, but that is EXACTLY how it feels.

rjm

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:26 am

Anyone else? I think I did the song justice. Sure would like to know what you folks think. I worked hard, and think I did a good thing with this. :smt024

rjm :smt006

P.S. -- If you like it, just hit the little "heart" button, and make it a "favorite." :smt049 And if you like it, you can click "like." If you like it.
P.P.S. -- And, thanks promiseland, for giving me the advice I needed to "see the Promised Land." :smt006

::rocks Yes, I'm kissing up! For this one, you bet. And I "heart" YouTube!!

Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:22 am

Beautifully done!

Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:25 am

Joe Car wrote:Beautifully done!

THANK YOU!! :D

rjm
:smt006

Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:32 am

Unfortunately, this is all I see (as usual when you try to watch any Video related in any way to Elvis music). YouTube would have to pay a couple of Cents to the GEMA every time a video holding copyrighted material is being played and they are not willing to do that. So by blocking all material that is related to Elvis audio via IP address control they prevent German viewers from seing that content. Instead they bring up this message saying that due to the GEMA (which collects money for the artists) you are not allowed to watch this video. This has been going on for some years now and is really annoying. You have to use free proxy sites from the US or around the world that hide your real IP address and enter the link to a certain video on youtube to that site in order to be able to watch it...but usually this is just too much trouble to go through in order to just have a look at a certain video - hence youtube has lost a lot of popularity here in Germany.
So although I was not able to see your video I still appreciate that you spend a lot of time and worked hard on doing what you felt like you needed to do with this song. A big thumbs up from me!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:53 pm

niobeh wrote:Unfortunately, this is all I see (as usual when you try to watch any Video related in any way to Elvis music). YouTube would have to pay a couple of Cents to the GEMA every time a video holding copyrighted material is being played and they are not willing to do that. So by blocking all material that is related to Elvis audio via IP address control they prevent German viewers from seing that content. Instead they bring up this message saying that due to the GEMA (which collects money for the artists) you are not allowed to watch this video. This has been going on for some years now and is really annoying. You have to use free proxy sites from the US or around the world that hide your real IP address and enter the link to a certain video on youtube to that site in order to be able to watch it...but usually this is just too much trouble to go through in order to just have a look at a certain video - hence youtube has lost a lot of popularity here in Germany.
So although I was not able to see your video I still appreciate that you spend a lot of time and worked hard on doing what you felt like you needed to do with this song. A big thumbs up from me!

Gosh, I'm sorry they do that. There are a lot of unusual copyright issues that go on there: I believe there is a lawsuit by the estate involving royalties, but only in Germany. I have problems sending packages there: if you send someone a Christmas or birthday gift, no matter what carrier you use, THEY get charged postage, AFTER you have already paid a big sum of postage. I had been putting cash in the packages to make up for it, but it just throws a bucket of cold water on the whole thing. "Oh, here's my present, and here's the money to PAY FOR IT." Just commensensical things.

Don't they know that YouTube, like radio and MTV, sells LOTS OF RECORDS???!!! Usually via download. I bought Sarah (can't spell her last name)'s "I Will Remember You," and a couple other "singes" that way. That's how you can buy "singles" today. I'm going to get that other song by her, too. And that song "Elvis Presley Blues" by Joan Baez, I picked that up, too. And, I'm going to order the physical CD of that album, too! Never would have known to do so, if it hadn't been for YouTube! Seriously. If I didn't already have so much music, I'd buy a lot more that way. And I have bought every copy of "If I Can Dream" in existence on physical media. I would buy it again, in the right package! Without any doubt at all. I know of several albums I'd like to get after YouTube exposure that I would't have gotten otherwise.

They must be crazy, and I believe it hurts music to limit YouTube. You should "Occupy Something" or whatever . . . gotta do something: stand around your version of the FCC (Federal Communications Commission, here), and shout "I Want My YouTube!" Like the old ads: "I Want My MTV." If that was ok, what's wrong with this? You could make tapes of videos off the TV, then . . . didn't hurt sales. Quite the opposite.

Thank you very much for you comments. I wish you could see it. (Gee, I was thinking of putting in something about "The Wall," but I wanted to keep it very close to 1968, all the way through.) Do you live close to the border? Guess not. I know someone who does, but she doesn't do much with computers anyway.

All the best and I wish you luck with YouTube in the future.

rjm
P.S. -- Did you see the clip for "Pirate Radio" - that film about rock 'n' roll on in the U.K. in the sixites? People took boats out to broadcast. I wonder . . . naw. I would't know how that works.
P.P.S. -- A vid like this: it would be ok if an ETA did the song? And then people wouldn't be inspired to buy the original record by Elvis! :roll:
--------- There might also be a few artists who compalin, but not with Elvis. Dylan is being a . . . dork about it. I'm going to have a friend do a cover of "Farewell, Angelina" so I can YouTube it. It will take a while. He has made a couple albums: has a nice gospel-type voice, and he could do this. He can "do him." But it's not the same, of course. And it won't sell any records for the Bobster. How dumb!