Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

Seen, Definitely Heard, but not together: The Dome

Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:55 am

On YouTube, you apparently can watch a bit of silent footage of the Astrodome in '70. (Correct me if it was from the right year or if it was from Houston: the footage went by quickly, but it was in a montage about the 1970 gig, with real neat photos. [Some of which I have seen presented beautifully here.]) But there seems to be some silent stuff: I know there's a lot more from '74, but I saw some that appeared to be from '70, in the appropriate place.
A link to the montage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S314jVpaKFI

And here is genuine audio from from the Dome, on a YouTube. The whole concert is up there in pieces, from a boot. This segment is very good.

phpBB [video]

So, if there is some 8-milimeter, why can't they synch it? Or at least release the audio, cleaned up some? Or some sort of package, where you see ALL the photos, all the audio, and if there is any film, synch it. I mean, officially.

This concert has been discussed before, I know, but I am hearing it now, on YouTube, and this should be readily available. Surely, it is known that this gig is of historical importance!

Great stuff.

rjm
P.S. He really starts to shout in the midst of "In The Ghetto"! Unexpected. But the Sweets were overmiked, and made the concert superloud. I like it. Wish I had been there. Despite the "amateur" sound quality, it gives a genuine feel of being at a real live concert. With the front man really kickin' it!

Re: Seen, Definitely Heard, but not together: The Dome

Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:18 am

Why, oh, why did they wait three years to do a live feed of a concert?? (Aloha . . . which wasn't live in the U.S., unfortunately.)

THIS would have been the one!! Well, one of the shows. His first on-the-road concert since '61. Make people would pay to see it, like boxing was back in the day. That would have been the greatest thing! I would have been a real Elvis fan a LOT sooner! And what a time it was.

Just imagine:

phpBB [video]

rjm