Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

Key Times On Video -- Elvis being Elvis UPDATE: "Blue Suit"

Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:59 am

You probably have these, or have seen 'em, but it's interesting all in one place. Elvis being Elvis. Mostly at work, but not on stage.

The '57 clip is mislabled in the clip as the previous year. But it's nice.

The "Blue Suit" one is an interesting "walk with Elvis." His hair seems weird. It is certainly him. The other guys look more "regular," though, oddly.
IT'S BACK: CATCH IT WHILE YOU CAN!
The first one belonged on the Elvis On Tour DVD, of course, as a special feature. What a gyp.

I know the Medallion of Life was on here, and discussed, but it's part of the story, and it's him, backstage in what used to be rare footage.
It's enough to knock you out in a dead faint, though.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Hope you enjoy these - well, the last one is tough, but it's him. I looked around quite a bit, and there was a lot of creepy stuff to weed through. I don't wanna talk about it.

rjm
Last edited by rjm on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Key Times On Video -- Elvis being Elvis

Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:08 am

Nobody? These are cool, and work interestingly together. The contrasts are fascinating. I worked backwards, then fast-forwarded.

imho.

rjm
P.S. -- When I start YouTube'ing, look out!!! I have some planned.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:33 am

some cool clips .thanks RJM

Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:48 pm

The one with the blue suit i can't watch: it is blocked for some reason. The others i have seen before. The last one is as heartbreaking as uplifting from 1957 is.

There are a lot of things that can be said, but there is no need to i think. These are poignant movies.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:27 am

Thanks, guys. The "blue suit" may have been inappropiately liberated. He was walking . And walking. Elevators. A recognizable fan cries and goes limp. More walking. All the way to the dressing room. IT'S BACK; CATCH IT!!

As for the last, you can see how destoyed Vernon already is. Looks north of 90. And not doing well at THAT age. Helpless to save his only child at this point, he was dying along with him.

I thought of Vernon a lot in the late 70s. In the middle of the night, we'd have a fire drill and be outside, and I would look at the night sky: northwest . . . to Memphis. Thinking about him.

rjm

Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:30 pm

Blue suit video is back: catch it while you can:

phpBB [video]

rjm

Re: Key Times On Video -- Elvis being Elvis UPDATE: "Blue Su

Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:35 am

Thanks rjm, The blue suit really looks good on him. 8)

Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:11 am

ElvisLive3August1969 wrote:Thanks rjm, The blue suit really looks good on him. 8)

Sanders was clearly filming, and then later, in TTWII SE, it should have been available, but was not included. Except for a split second (speeded up, too, as I recall). That's all. This gives you a chance to walk around with him and the crew. He sure really did a number on the hair. Solid as a rock.

One fun thing is when he passes what looks like a cafeteria, or something where people are sitting, and they all start to gape and gawk. Elvis is walking!!

rjm

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:15 pm

Cool Clips -Ty RJM -Love Em All -

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Hi,

Thanks!

rjm

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2