Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

Live In El Paso, TX 11-10-72

Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:07 am

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Re: Live In El Paso, TX 11-10-72

Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:23 am

Good footage of a personal suit favorite.... but apparently the performance "slow-down" was in full swing by November 1972.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:03 am

FrankieRider2 wrote:Good footage of a personal suit favorite.... but apparently the performance "slow-down" was in full swing by November 1972.

Hmmm....after watchin' these clips, I'd have to say that you're right.....

Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:14 am

FrankieRider2 wrote:Good footage of a personal suit favorite.... but apparently the performance "slow-down" was in full swing by November 1972.

Well, there were no MGM cameras around, and it was just his third show since September 4 in Las Vegas. You can see he's heavier, and rather disinterested -- bored.

Management did not seem to care about this issue, booking him in Vegas, Tahoe and throughout the U.S. again and again and again. We all know how that worked out.

IIRC, it was at some show on this November 1972 tour, perhaps San Bernardino or Long Beach, where NBC-TV producer Marty Pasetta caught the act. He immediately realized he had some work to do to make the impending "Aloha From Hawaii" broadcast he was in charge of exciting for a live TV audience. To his credit he asked Elvis to lose weight, and he added a ramp to get Presley closer to the fans.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:42 am

Doc, I'm pretty sure it was the Long Beach show that Pasetta saw; I believe he even went as far as to tell Elvis he was "boring, but we're going to fix that...." IIRC, that was right about the time Elvis and his lackies took their guns out and put them down on the table in between the parties involved.

I like the vocal inflections in "Polk Salad Annie" on that footage, but the overall effect is "going through the motions".... and so much of that attitude carried over into the Aloha performance two months later. Oh, and the entrance looked 100% better with the cape attached....