Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

Awesome 1969 Footage

Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:03 pm

WOW!

Part 1
phpBB [video]

Part 2
phpBB [video]

Part 3
phpBB [video]

Re: Awesome 1969 Footage

Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:25 pm

Now that is cool! Thanks for posting Little Darlin!

I always wondered...how did people secretly film in the International/Hilton? I mean it was such an initmate kind of room...did the guy slouch real low in his chair so he wouldn't be seen? Those old cameras you had to put your eye to the view finder, right? Wouldn't you be easy to spot? :shock:

Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:26 pm

Thanks LD. It's worth checking out that guys other footage posted on youtube - there's all sorts of great footage there.

Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:34 pm

I hope this doesn't get moved as I know it should be in the Youtube Section but, some members may not visit that thread and miss out. It's just awesome - I now have high hopes that someone did film the laughing version of AYLT.

Whoever uploaded this and the other footage there is very kind for sharing it with us.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:24 am

Thanks for posting. I do not collect this myself but a friend of mine does.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:27 pm

I now have high hopes that someone did film the laughing version of AYLT.

A couple of years ago I saw a clip, of a couple of seconds I would guess 5 or so in terrible quality that had the laughing AYLT ...among other snippets. I guess it must be out there with someone.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:57 pm

Don´t mean to be rude but...The quality of the footage is just bad...Can´t really see what´s so very awesome about it...and it does belong in the youtube section...But hey, that´s just me...

Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:10 pm

Scarre wrote:Don´t mean to be rude but...The quality of the footage is just bad...Can´t really see what´s so very awesome about it...and it does belong in the youtube section...But hey, that´s just me...

Purely historical value makes it "awesome". Any live 1969 footage is worth its weight in gold.

Boy, I sure hope the laughing AYLT? shows up.....

Jules

Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:18 pm

familyjules wrote:
Purely historical value makes it "awesome". Any live 1969 footage is worth its weight in gold.

Only for Elvis fans. Rest of the world couldn´t care less...

Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:21 pm

The complete 10 minute reel from first generation master is available on THE MAN WHO SHOT ELVIS DVD-R along with complete reels from 70 and 71. The quality on all of these is fantastic athough the dubbing leaves a lot to be desired. They need the STAR treatment.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:23 pm

Don´t mean to be rude but...The quality of the footage is just bad...Can´t really see what´s so very awesome about it...and it does belong in the youtube section...But hey, that´s just me...

The quality on the first link isn't up to much, but the second one is much better.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:52 pm

Scarre wrote:
familyjules wrote:

...and this site is for Elvis fans, so it is indeed fantastic as others suggest...thanks for posting Little Darlin.

It's great for all those (like me) who haven't seen footage from this period to see how he looked and moved during these shows. As others have said, the second clip is definitely the best.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:55 pm

Scarre wrote:Don´t mean to be rude but...The quality of the footage is just bad...Can´t really see what´s so very awesome about it...and it does belong in the youtube section...But hey, that´s just me...

Same here,quality is awfull.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:09 pm

Scarre wrote:
familyjules wrote:

The rest of the world probably wouldn't be looking in the first place. Also I take it that you belong to the "Elvis fan" sector, rather than "the rest of the world", which makes you comments somewhat puzzling.....

Jules

Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:44 pm

Mike S wrote:
Scarre wrote:
familyjules wrote:

...and this site is for Elvis fans, so it is indeed fantastic as others suggest...thanks for posting Little Darlin.

It's great for all those (like me) who haven't seen footage from this period to see how he looked and moved during these shows. As others have said, the second clip is definitely the best.

...actually this site is for Elvis cd collectors only...

Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:45 pm

familyjules wrote:
Scarre wrote:
familyjules wrote:

you belong to the "Elvis fan" sector Jules

I do not...

Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:46 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:The complete 10 minute reel from first generation master is available on THE MAN WHO SHOT ELVIS DVD-R along with complete reels from 70 and 71. The quality on all of these is fantastic athough the dubbing leaves a lot to be desired. They need the STAR treatment.

The YouTube clips are with original sound, aren't they ?

Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:48 pm

Scarre wrote:
Mike S wrote:
Scarre wrote:
familyjules wrote:

...actually this site is for Elvis cd collectors only...

Quite...thanks for proving my point.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:03 pm

ColinB wrote: The YouTube clips are with original sound, aren't they ?

On the first YouTube clip he says
This is amateur film from mid-August 1969, at the International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV. First live gigs in front of a paying audience since March 25, 1961. The audio is not from this film, but is from this engagement.

Presumably, it's the same situation for all three.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:09 pm

The Purple Gang wrote:
ColinB wrote: The YouTube clips are with original sound, aren't they ?

On the first YouTube clip he says
This is amateur film from mid-August 1969, at the International Hotel, Las Vegas, NV. First live gigs in front of a paying audience since March 25, 1961. The audio is not from this film, but is from this engagement.

Presumably, it's the same situation for all three.

Thanks, Purple, I missed that bit.

The audio seems to fit, doesn't it ?

Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:26 pm

Scarre wrote:
familyjules wrote:

But we are Elvis' fans, as far as I know. And this is an Elvis forum, so, what is wrong with sharing this great footage here? We are talking about a time when Elvis wasn't filmed live at all, so any live footage even of the worst condition is pure diamond. Thank you Little Darlin

Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:19 pm

Scarre wrote:you belong to the "Elvis fan" sector Jules

I do not...

I don't get it. Spell it out for me. You collect the CDs, but you're not a fan? Or is it just the word 'fan' you don't like?

Jules

Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:33 pm

jbgude wrote:
I now have high hopes that someone did film the laughing version of AYLT.

A couple of years ago I saw a clip, of a couple of seconds I would guess 5 or so in terrible quality that had the laughing AYLT ...among other snippets. I guess it must be out there with someone.

Really? I would love to hear more about that if you will.

I'm glad folks enjoyed it - if there is better footage than that from 1969 around, can someone point me in the right direction please.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:13 pm

KingElvis wrote:
Scarre wrote:Don´t mean to be rude but...The quality of the footage is just bad...Can´t really see what´s so very awesome about it.

Same here,quality is awfull.

Fortunately, I have much of this footage in better quality. If I didn't though, I'd be more than happy to see it in bad quality rather than not have seen it at all.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:34 pm

Did anyone notice 1 and 3 are the same, both lasting 6.14 while 2 lasts at 10.05 minutes?