Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

Elvis On The O Reilly Factor Clip For Those Who Missed It

Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:58 am

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_iZfqy_C7gI

Trevor

Re: Elvis On The O Reilly Factor Clip For Those Who Missed It

Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:37 am

No mention of loofahs.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:13 pm

"Junkie movies". :shock:

Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:16 am

Bodie wrote:"Junkie movies". :shock:

Obviously, he must be a republican...

Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:09 am

5:41 of wasted breath.

Bill O's sympathy for Elvis shows that even a stopped clock can be right twice a day.

Richard Walter was terrible. It helps to have an interest and knowledge of your subject if you are going to comment upon it on television. Walter sounds as if he made his judgements based on an article in TV Guide. "By all reports he wasn't a big reader." Well yes he was by all reports. You can't have a book burning, like the one Parker engineered, without books and it doesn't mean something unless somebody has read, wants to read and cares about those books. Guralnick's book among others shows a man consumed in quest for meaning. As this is largely considered the definitive biography, how could have Walter have skipped it? I hope he has not based a paper upon these conclusions. He tells us that Marlon Brando instead of James Dean was being groomed for the part in King Creole. Then admits he doesn't really know the story. What great research.

I noticed that there were no clips of Flaming Star and Wild in the Country even though they are owned by Fox. The reason being, those clips would provide at least a mild contradiction to Walter's thesis. If you don't address them, there's no reason to explore the contradiction.

Also let's call a moratorium on Elvis movie bashing. It wasn't a towering cinematic career but it wasn't a stream of endless garbage either. There were some real dogs later on- PHS, Easy Come Easy Go, Kissin' Cousins but most of Elvis' movies were competent Hollywood product like most Hollywood movies. Do the people making these charges go to the movies? Do they watch any movies besides Elvis' movies and Lawrence of Arabia or Gone With the Wind? Most movies are like these movies. Maybe age does something but there are many, many movies worse than these, far worse. Even among their period, Elvis' movies tower over the Darin/Dee collaborations (although Come September is a pleasant light vehicle) or the Avalon/Funicello beach movies and are at least equal to popular but second tier stuff from big leaguers like That Touch of Mink, Move Over Darling, or Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation. And there's a lot of stuff today they easily match or exceed.

Apply the same standards across the board. So you can tell me Blue Hawaii is nothing but garbage but don't then in the next breath tell me how great a movie you thought Transformers was.
Last edited by likethebike on Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:14 am

I was pissed the way they simply assumed that the drugs clouded elvis' judgement after the army. I mean, they're basing this on absoulutely nothing. At least they ended with the words "nobody better" :)

Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:57 am

Well remember Bill did express douibt about the drugs theory put forth by the "expert". I wonder how guys like Walter get on TV?

Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:02 pm

5:41 of wasted breath is right LTB, the guy didn't have a clue!

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:14 pm

Joe Car wrote:5:41 of wasted breath is right LTB, the guy didn't have a clue!

I agree.....that guy is a dope....