Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

John Wayne and Elizabeth Taylor on Elvis

Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:14 am

Here is a clip I posted for some other folks to see, I thought some of you may find it interesting. It dates from 1977 after Elvis' death.

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj42 ... rnet-1.flv

Re: John Wayne and Elizabeth Taylor on Elvis

Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:53 pm

Incredible, I've never seen that before, thanks again Greybeard!

Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:53 pm

Thanks Greybeard.

Was just wondering, looking at the gallery of other portraits behind them, was this a tribute section of "stars we've lost" as at the Oscars for that year?

The 1978 Oscar's show was presented on ABC and produced by ... Marty Pasetta!

Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:02 pm

This was actually from a TV show titles "General Electric All Star Anniversary" which aired. I believe, on ABC TV in 1978. It featured many of the stars of TV and film at that time. Unfortunately as tape was very expensive and I was concentrating on Elvis related video I only kept a small portion of the show.
My extended clip features Duke with "LaVerne and Shirley" (Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams) and they introduce the group Sha Na Na. Then Wayne and Elizabeth Taylor reminisce about people we lost the previous year, Elvis being the last in the group.I only have the Elvis portion. The clip ends with Liz and Duke discussing "The Star Spangled Banner", with Duke joking that he can't sing it and, "can barely talk it!"- funny.

I have many many things from TV in those days as I got my first VCR (A Sony Beta I) in the very early days of home video. I had it before the VHS format was ever introduced to the consumer market.

As topics come up, if I can supply a clip that is relevant or unique I will try to post it, even if for a short time, so all can see and enjoy.

Thanks for all the kind words my friends, I do appreciate it.

Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:50 am

That was a fascinating clip! Thanks, as always, Greybeard!!

Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:23 pm

thanks for posting this.
I love the Duke's films and wished Elvis had a chance to star in some of his Hal Wallis productions, such as True Grit.
Rick

Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:56 am

awsome never seen this before two of hollywoods biggest icons paying tribute to our man very overwhelming.