Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

Elvis In Concert Kansas City, Mo. June 18, 1977 Question ?

Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:16 pm

phpBB [video]

Has anyone seen more of this footage, then what is here and have any of you seen this in better quality?

Is 9:26 all that there is?

PEP 8)

Re: Elvis In Concert Kansas City, Mo. June 18, 1977 Question ?

Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:18 pm

I have it in better quality, but it is only about ten minutes long. I've always thought it to be some of the worst footage of him that I've ever seen (appearance wise).

Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:27 pm

it is available on the import DVD; Time Warp

Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:29 pm

As Rob said thats pretty much the complete footage. You can get it in much better quality though.
Last edited by omnipresence on Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:36 pm

I personally have always been impressed by this footage, Not of Elvis' appearance of course, but just the fact that who ever filmed this was able to film so close and with sound, plus the fact that this was one day prior to the CBS camera's being used the very next day.

I would like to believe there has to be more, like you all it seems none have seen more tho, at least in a collectors sense.

Thanks for the replies.

PEP 8)

Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:37 pm

There's about 15mins in total pep so a bit more than what you posted :wink:

Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:45 pm

How long did an 8mm reel last?
9 or 10 minutes could be it.

This was one of the first audience recordings I got. So it's a special show to me.
Elvis is in the exact same shape as in Omaha however.
As during the whole June tour, the breaks between songs take forever..
It's a showkilling element we also see in Omaha & Rapid City.
Incoherent rambling + worse than ever looks makes this a difficult thing to watch (or listen to.)
So, the show is rather slow alright, but the crowd finally goes wild after (yet another) impressive version of Hurt.

I can imagine some fans were dissapointed after this show,
in fact somebody on this board was there, and not happy afterwards if I remember correctly.

Cheers.

Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:01 pm

Robert wrote:How long did an 8mm reel last?
9 or 10 minutes could be it.

This was one of the first audience recordings I got. So it's a special show to me.
Elvis is in the exact same shape as in Omaha however.
As during the whole June tour, the breaks between songs take forever..
It's a showkilling element we also see in Omaha & Rapid City.
Incoherent rambling + worse than ever looks makes this a difficult thing to watch (or listen to.)
So, the show is rather slow alright, but the crowd finally goes wild after (yet another) impressive version of Hurt.

I can imagine some fans were dissapointed after this show,
in fact somebody on this board was there, and not happy afterwards if I remember correctly.

Cheers.

Be careful. There are some hardcore defenders of June 1977 on this board....

Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:10 pm

Robert wrote:How long did an 8mm reel last?

Well it depends on what settings you had your camera at. A standard 50ft reel could film two and a half minutes at 24fps and three minutes twenty at 18fps.

Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:20 am

HI PEP
Sheriff H. has an incredible Crystal quality super 8 of this,
withe stereo sound
i ve see fews years ago i can t me remember how long is it
but i me remember when i see, i have think it s professional footage
it s one of the best original super 8 i ever see !

Christian M

Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:39 am

Thanks for posting PEP, never saw this before, but it`s easy to see(and hear) that it`s from around the same time as Omaha and Rapid city. Watching the state he was in, still makes me wonder how he could actually sing during that time, but he could.....amazing :o

Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:06 pm

Judging from the footage I wouldn't rate this show as low as Omaha.

Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:00 pm

Can someone explain the significance (if any) of Elvis doing "Blue Christmas" in the middle of Summer?? The song has always seemed out of place....

Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:25 pm

He did it regardless of what time of year it was. Especially during the last year, as he didn't have to do much moving. It was an easy song to toss in and required very little effort. He did it in March, April, May and June of the last year.

The crowd didn't care if it was December or June.

Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:25 pm

Tony Trout wrote:Can someone explain the significance (if any) of Elvis doing "Blue Christmas" in the middle of Summer?? The song has always seemed out of place....

I don`t know why he did it, but first time I heard it in a concert,(other than 68 special)was on " Kansas city blues" and then he kind of made some fun about it, singing.." Christmas in july" and then he laughed about it :lol:

Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:57 am

This is the footage I posted on my you tube channel. Glad you like it Pep :D

I took it from my vcd, that's the reason for the loss in quality. There's a limit to the file size you can upload on there, 100 megs and no more than 10 minutes long. I could upload it again with just half the time but in better quality, but I am satisfied with the way it is. If anyone wants it in better quality just contact me :D

Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:21 am

I actually like the footage more then a lot of Elvis In Concert. He is really funny on Are You Lonesome Tonight.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:25 pm

Can someone explain the significance (if any) of Elvis doing "Blue Christmas" in the middle of Summer?? The song has always seemed out of place....

Much like the 2001 opening... (August is the 8th month of the year...add that to the 16th day of 1977 and you get 2001), Blue Christmas was a secret sign to fans that Elvis would not be with us by December.

He also said, "I am, and I was" and the spelling on the grave is incorrect.

:wink:

Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:27 am

Gail Brewer Gorgio had way too much time on her hands back then, lol

Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:30 pm

MattConner wrote:Gail Brewer Gorgio had way too much time on her hands back then, lol

So did Monte Nicholson, Phil Aitcheson (sp?) and others.....

Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:43 pm

This wasn't a great night for Elvis, judging by this footage, and his health seems on par with Omaha. The suit seems too tight (as he mentions) and his movements very restricted.
I haven't seen/heard all the concert but think it would rank down there alongside Omaha as one of his worst.