Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

'Devil In Disguise' - Conan O' Brien

Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:56 am

Robert Gordon's performance on Conan O'Brien last week:

phpBB [video]

Please note that one of the backingsingers (The Gordonnaires!)
is Elvis songwriter Paul Evans!

Re: 'Devil In Disguise' - Conan O' Brien

Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:07 pm

I'm affraid I wasn't too impressed by this performance...

Thanks for posting.

Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:23 am

sorry to say...but his singing is terrible:(

Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:07 am

Sorry, but not good enough for my taste of singing........far from it.........to impress an Elvis fan(Like me anyway) takes a whole LOT more.
A Danish singer has also just put out an album called "Love me tender"(Recorded together with the TCB band in Nashville), but I`m sorry to say "It just don`t work to my ears either"

Listen here...(If you want to......Don`t say I didn`t warn you :lol: )

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=onWKr2Z4wEw

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pvP381QkB ... re=related

Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:41 am

I found this a nice, tight version of "Devil In Disguise," a song few in 2008 know about.

The new album -- a Presley tribute -- should be a heck of a lot of fun.

Although Gordon looks rough around the edges, his voice sounded quite good.

And Chris Spedding is the epitome of the classic lead guitarist.

Did anyone notice that was Presley songwriter Paul Evans as one of the backup singers?

Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:48 am

Lee Mead (IMO) did a good cover of Devil In Disguise.

I guess at Lord Webber's request.

Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:36 am

Spellbinder wrote:Lee Mead (IMO) did a good cover of Devil In Disguise.

I didn't see him on the Conan clip.

Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:21 am

I think Leanne Rimes and Chris Isacc duet of this song from the Elvis Lives special was much better. That being said, covering EP is tough, covering EP from the early sixties, is impossible! The man was at his vocal peak!

Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:02 am

Joe Car wrote:The man was at his vocal peak!

As were his buns!

Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:32 am

So, you like him too, then ?

Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:36 am

ColinB wrote:

Er ............ 5th Amendment.

Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:34 pm

Spellbinder wrote:
ColinB wrote:

Er ............ 5th Amendment.

This is the UK, and our legal system doesn't have that !

We even lost the right to be silent !

Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:56 am

John from Woodley wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Did anyone notice that was Presley songwriter Paul Evans as one of the backup singers?

Rock Legend already pointed this out a good few hours before.

Yes, he did. And I was wondering if anyone had noticed this. It appears the answer is no.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:54 am

Robert wrote:I'm affraid I wasn't too impressed by this performance...

Thanks for posting.

..now that was very bad indeed

Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:31 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
John from Woodley wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Rock Legend already pointed this out a good few hours before.

Yes, he did. And I was wondering if anyone had noticed this. It appears the answer is no.

It doesn't appear that way at all. It appears YOU hadn't noticed it.

Most had maybe noticed it and not commented.

Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:39 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Joe Car wrote:The man was at his vocal peak!

As were his buns!

That they were! :lol:

Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:32 am

bloody awful.

Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:14 pm

Personally I like Robert Gordon's voice, however this isn't one of his better performances in my opinion.

Some of it may have to do with the way he looks today too, as age hasn't been too kind to Gordon.

He looks far from the cool odd looking rocker pictured below from the late 70's, he now looks to me a little bit like Bela Lugosi seen on the top right, where I have to be honest doesn't do it for me.

Robert Gordon nonetheless has paid his dues, over the years he has come out with some pretty cool stuff, plus of course it is cool to know he is an Elvis fan like us all.

http://www.robertgordon.dk/main.html

PEP 8)

Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:06 am

It was a decent version of the song, and an Elvis song on a major late night TV show is 2008 ain't nothing to complain about 8)

By the way, he has an entire album of Elvis tunes out now called It's Now or Never and featuring;

1. A Mess of Blues
2. I Beg of You
3. Don t Leave Me Now
4. I m Left, You re Right, She s Gone
5. Peace In the Valley
6. Don t Be Cruel
7. Lawdy Miss Clawdy
8. My Baby Left Me
9. Too Much
10. Love Me
11. Trying To Get To You
12. (You re So Square) Baby I Don t Care
13. It s Now Or Never
14. It Feels So Right
15. Young and Beautiful

Here are a few comments on the CD;

Amazon.com
It's the black-leather Elvis--the one who breathed sex and fire into early rock & roll--that singer Robert Gordon and guitarist Chris Spedding memorialize in this 15-song tribute that marks the 30th anniversary of the King's death on August 16, 1977. Gordon is America's preeminent rockabilly singer. At age 60 he still has the flexible, swaggering baritone to negotiate Elvis's swooping style of phrasing as he romps through smashes like "Don't Be Cruel" or croons tender ballads like "Love Me." His knowledge of the Presley catalog runs deep, too, which means there's more obscurities like "Young and Beautiful," from the Jailhouse Rock soundtrack, than predictable hits. This set also reunites Gordon with British roots rock guitar maven Spedding after a 13-year break from their partnership. Although Gordon's production takes an almost Biblical approach, Spedding manages to deploy a cutting slap-back tone on the brisk blues "My Baby Left Me" and "Too Much" that give those tunes plenty of edge. And he lets his strings sing sweetly on opener "A Mess of Blues." The real sugar, though, comes from the Jordanaires--the very same vocal quartet that harmonized behind Presley starting with his first RCA sessions in 1956. More than a half-century later, they apply aural icing to these songs with unmistakable originality. --Ted Drozdowski

Product Description
Robert Gordon put a fist through the heart of the music industry with his 1977 hit Red Hot," knocking down disco queens, would-be punks, and new wave wannabes with his no-holds-barred take on hot-rodded rockabilly. Now, reunited with legendary guitar ace Chris Spedding for the first time in 20 years, Robert is back to spread the gospel and jolt the world again with It s Now Or Never.

For this adult-sized dose of wild rhythm they have gone directly to ground zero and have cherry-picked their favorite Elvis Presley tunes, just in time for the 30th anniversary of Elvis' death. To really shake things up, Robert and Chris are backed up by no less than Elvis' mighty Jordanaires! From rippers like Lawdy Miss Clawdy and My Baby Left Me through a stirring reading of Peace In the Valley, It s Now Or Never mines the depths of Elvis oeuvre without the smack of ironic revisionism that has been the hallmark of lesser talents.

Still bucking trends with his slicked-back hair and switchblade attack, Robert has cut through the tenor of these troubled times with another gut-level, no-frills rock'n'roll record guaranteed to get everyone gyrating like The King himself. Get ready to have a blast... "It's now or never," baby!

Robert Gordon has been a Rockabilly King for 3o years and now he releases a tribute to one of is mentors Elvis and gets the original Jordanaires to back him up on his recording in Nasville! The songs are Fabulous with Chris Spedding on his legendary quitarwork. ( But both of them totally respect these early Elvis recordings and capture that original feeling we had back then) WHy Mr. Gordon is not a superstar I dont know, maybe you producers can answer me that? Also to be released on 45 Vinyl as a great collectable and my favorite way to get that original sound. If your going to buy one album this year, make it this one as rarely we get a chance to hear someone with thier talents capture the feel of that time!!!

Robert is at the top of his game on this one.. this is one of if not THEE best he has ever done....

saw these guys on conan last week... decided to give their album a try. wow i was blown away - the cd ROCKS!!! robert gordon's voice is one of the best i've heard in a long time.

Listen to a bit of I beg of you;

http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-pop- ... ma_001_002

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfKmevtVwPs

Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:26 pm

i think i will give it a miss.