Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

Famous tenor singing Can`t help falling in love

Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:01 am

Now, Andrea Bocelli is a famous tenor, at least in my part of the world and here he is singing "Can`t help falling in love"
Well, I think he has really done some wonderful singing, but when I heard this, I thought...hmmm, Elvis did it at least as good, if not even better....I mean Elvis really had the voice and everything..actually, I think Elvis could have song all the opera tunes that Andrea Bocelli does, if he had only wanted to. :wink:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=q9X01rou1tw

Re: Famous tenor singing Can`t help falling in love

Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:06 am

elvisa wrote:Now, Andrea Bocelli is a famous tenor, at least in my part of the world and here he is singing "Can`t help falling in love"
Well, I think he has really done some wonderful singing, but when I heard this, I thought...hmmm, Elvis did it at least as good, if not even better....I mean Elvis really had the voice and everything..actually, I think Elvis could have song all the opera tunes that Andrea Bocelli does, if he had only wanted to. :wink:

He makes a fair stab at it.

But he doesn't have the moves does he ?

Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:45 am

NO Colin, he hasn`t......I think it`s a problem to blind singers on stage(You know he`s blind.....don`t you?)......sadly, they don`t dare to move to much......only if they are sitting by the piano or something..., but your right, he is standing VERY still.....

Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:46 am

elvisa wrote:NO Colin, he hasn`t......I think it`s a problem to blind singers on stage(You know he`s blind.....don`t you?)......sadly, they don`t dare to move to much......only if they are sitting by the piano or something..., but your right, he is standing VERY still.....

Actually I didn't know that.

Kinda ruins my little joke, doesn't it ?

Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:54 pm

I liked it. But in my view the ending was the least impressive part in his performance

Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:27 pm

Found one more opera singer doing a Elvis medley....Helmut Lotti puts a lot into these songs....great voice

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DfXSvO8nw ... re=related

Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:30 pm

elvisa wrote:Elvis could have song all the opera tunes that Andrea Bocelli does

I don't believe this. At least, not in the keys in which they were originally written.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:20 pm

Spellbinder wrote:
elvisa wrote:Elvis could have song all the opera tunes that Andrea Bocelli does

I don't believe this. At least, not in the keys in which they were originally written.

Oh yea Spelly, I really do believe that he could have.....if he had only wanted to...
I think Elvis had the tallent and the voice....you`ll have to remember, that Andrea Bocelli has learned how to use his voice.....Elvis didn`t, but IF he had taken song leasons I do believe, that he could have done.....EVERYTHING....he almost did without anybody teaching him how, he went by tallent alone.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:25 pm

elvisa wrote:Oh yea Spelly, I really do believe that he could have.....if he had only wanted to...
I think Elvis had the tallent and the voice....you`ll have to remember, that Andrea Bocelli has learned how to use his voice.....Elvis didn`t, but IF he had taken song leasons I do believe, that he could have done.....EVERYTHING....he almost did without anybody teach him how, he went by tallent alone.

Watch it, Elvisa.

You are addressing a dyed-in-the-wool Mario Lanza/Maria Callas worshipper here..............

Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:27 pm

ColinB wrote:
elvisa wrote:Oh yea Spelly, I really do believe that he could have.....if he had only wanted to...
I think Elvis had the tallent and the voice....you`ll have to remember, that Andrea Bocelli has learned how to use his voice.....Elvis didn`t, but IF he had taken song leasons I do believe, that he could have done.....EVERYTHING....he almost did without anybody teach him how, he went by tallent alone.

Watch it, Elvisa.

You are addressing a dyed-in-the-wool Mario Lanza/Maria Callas worshipper here..............

Colin

These days when I look in the mirror I seriously consider whether I should become dyed-in-the wool!

Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:30 pm

Spellbinder wrote:Colin - These days when I look in the mirror I seriously consider whether I should become dyed-in-the wool!

Dyed-in-the-wool = unchanging in a particular belief

Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:32 pm

ColinB wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:Colin - These days when I look in the mirror I seriously consider whether I should become dyed-in-the wool!

Dyed-in-the-wool = unchanging in a particular belief

Exactly!

Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:35 pm

ColinB wrote:

Watch it, Elvisa.

Well Colin, I suppose Elvis is worshipped too :wink:

Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:40 pm

elvisa wrote:Well Colin, I suppose Elvis is worshipped too :wink:

By Spelly ?

Maybe so, but not in the same way............................