Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

Who Did They Think He Was?

Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:12 pm

I was checking out YouTube and came across this 1991 Conway Twitty tune. It was one of his last. Conway, as many other artists, was inspired early on by Elvis. He stated many times that the first time he heard Elvis, it changed his life forever. He met Elvis briefly in 1971.

One of his final songs talks about getting our priorities straight. I'm pretty sure mine are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCJruY70I9o

PEP - If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it.
Last edited by Rob on Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Who Did They Think He Was

Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:32 pm

Thanks Rob....it's a great time of year to remember who "The Ultimate King" really was.

Re: Who Did They Think He Was

Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:31 pm

i have had this song for years i think its a wonderfull song,conway was inspired by elvis in the 50s but he became a fantastic song writer and artist in his own right .i think he also holds the record for the most country no 1 im sure its over 50.he started out a great rocker and became a country legend.i wonder if he and elvis ever met.

Re: Who Did They Think He Was?

Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:27 am

Thanks, Rob. I've never heard that song before.

I've always been a Conway fan - he was one of the best.

Rich

Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:53 am

Not the greatest tune, but the sentiment is wonderful.

Elvis would have kicked ass doing a cover of the Twitty classic "It's Only Make Believe."

Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:59 am

What a great tune Rob, thank you for sharing it.

I've always thought Elvis could've really covered several of conway's songs like Lay You Down, It's Only Make Believe and some others aswell.

Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:21 pm

This is actually one of my favorite songs of Conway's....I don't think it's a bad song at all.

Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:38 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Not the greatest tune, but the sentiment is wonderful.

Elvis would have kicked ass doing a cover of the Twitty classic "It's Only Make Believe."

i agree elvis would have been awsome at this classic conway song.there is allso 2 other songs conway did in the 50s i would have loved elvis to record they are heavenly and (i wanna )live fast love hard , die young these are awsome rocknroll songs.

Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:41 pm

Thanks for posting Rob :D ...great little tune..