Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

Baby Let's Play House Remix HOT !!!!

Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:25 pm

I think this is a new remix
I quite like it :)

phpBB [video]

Re: Baby Let's Play House Remix

Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:32 pm

That rubbish makes me want to stick rusty nails in my ears.

Elvis remixes are the devil's work at the best of times, but to **** up a Sun track is just beyond tastless.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:42 pm

I love it!

Elvis work is so good it stands almost any remix. I actually love A little less.. and Rubberneckin and this one was good too.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:49 pm

I Love it ,although some people will think it's sacreligous tinkering with the sun stuff!

Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:10 am

Liverbobs wrote:I Love it ,although some people will think it's sacreligous tinkering with the sun stuff!

If I ever heard this remix at an Elvis event I'd punch the DJ, kick the speakers in and slap the landlady for good measure.
And then I kick the domino table over.

Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:20 am

That's kind of interesting. I'm going to send it to Scotty

Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:54 am

I like it!

Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:53 am

Swithin StCleeve wrote:
Liverbobs wrote:I Love it ,although some people will think it's sacreligous tinkering with the sun stuff!

If I ever heard this remix at an Elvis event I'd punch the DJ, kick the speakers in and slap the landlady for good measure.

What about the fat bloke in the corner who thinks he looks like Elvis ?

Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:03 am

Not too bad.
Nothing can replace the original but still this could bring some attention to our man.
Good clip too.
Are they able to use this song because it is beyond the 50-year copyright period?
Rick

Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:03 am

This was not my cup o' tea!
Still, I'm not against remixes! But, the techno added to this recording just didn't do it to these ears. ALLC and Rubberneckin' stood that test better.
But, there seem to be a market out there for these kind of things?

Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:06 am

bajo wrote:But, there seem to be a market out there for these kind of things?

Yea, there are tossers everywhere.

Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:03 am

I Liked it!!

Swithin StCleeve wrote:

Can you say anger management class?
:P

RKS

Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:32 am

It's ok I guess. The guy who says "you gotta bring that sh*t up to date, it's not the 60s" needs a good slap though :)

Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:04 pm

The video looks quite extravagent and the remix is quite inventive. As an Elvis DJ, I would play this once at a disco. The crowd we get at "Capital Elvis" every month are of quite a young age. Some of them occasionaly request a remix. If, after playing it at one month's disco it didnt go down well, I wouldn't use it again. But with Elvis fans, some will love it and demand another play, whilst a handful would scream "Sacrilidge", "how could they do that" etc. With EP fans, you will NEVER please them all and I have been DJing at events for over 12 years now. As witnessed by the comments here already, there is a division between wether this remix is good or bad!

Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:23 pm

TONY wrote:But with Elvis fans, some will love it and demand another play, whilst a handful would scream "Sacrilidge", "how could they do that" etc. !

If they wanted to use original musicians to 'sweeten' home recordings, I'd applaud it. I'm not saying people shouldn't try and improve none-commercial stuff, but adding a load of electronic whistles and bells to a perfect record is just stupid and bloody annoying.
I'd have thought and Elvis fan worth their salt would cringe at the thought of someone adding modern dance beats to a Sun classic.
Remixes have started to ruin Elvis events for me. I like to go and listen to the stuff Elvis made with real musicians, made in 'real time', as a group. Surely that's an important part of enjoying Elvis' music? The fact it's proper, man made, real music. Why on earth would I want to hear someone's effort at 'updating' it by adding a load of electronic junk?
And the argument "it brings Elvis to new fans" is bobbins. If they can't see the greatness in the original music then they can piss off, frankly. I don't want my Elvis music de-skilled to suit current fashions, thankyou very much. Playing with an obscure movie track (ALLC) was one thing, but sticking it to a Sun classic?
I'm amazed I'm the only one here who thinks this remix is a whole load of shite.

Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:28 pm

Swithin StCleeve wrote:

That sort of behaviour will get you banned...................

Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:02 pm

Doing an Elvis disco on a monthly basis, i often do discos where I play NO remixes at all, and the months that I do play them, I limit it to maybe 2 or 3 per evening. As we get groups of young girls at our London event, some of who are not fans, but have come with their friends who ARE, I also cater to them by maybe playing "ALLC" and / or "Rubberneckin'", (after all, they have paid their entrance money too), but will also play the originals later in the evening, time permitting. You wouldn't believe how popular the remixes of "Viva Las Veagas" and "Born to rock" are, but there are several mixes that I will NEVER play - those abominations of "All shook up", "Night life" etc, which are an insult to music. As for this new "BLPH" mix, I would try it once. After all, it is a FACT that some people wil love it, as witnessed here! If it is not liked by that particular crowd, on that particular evening, then I have only 'wasted' 3 minutes of a 6 hour disco!!

Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:05 pm

if a song goes to no.1 on the charts, such as ALLC, it can't help but bring attention to Elvis. If 1% of those young non-fans who bought that CD were prompted to buy another CD to check out the real thing that has to be good
rick

Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:15 pm

I enjoyed it.

I don't mind these remixes.

The classic originals are still around, intact and unchanged, and if a new generation of fans is introduced to Elvis singing through these updated versions, it can't be a bad thing...................

Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:57 pm

Yes, there's a lot to be said for both 'worlds'. The reason "The King" greatest hits cd went back up the album charts in the UK recently was because the public wanted to hear the real thing after watching hours of that show "The world's greatest Elvis"!

Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:18 pm

I thought it was excellent. Of course, it's such a great song that any version would be a winner. As has been said before, if playing such remixes brings the younger set to a greater awareness of Elvis then so be it. We will always have the original which can never be bettered in my opinion.

Brian :D

Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:23 pm

I like it as well, but of course nothing like the original as it is timeless, Nevertheless this would be very cool to hear in a club and that's what it's all about, meaning the reason for doing something like this to this song, other wise there is No way the song would be played in a club today if something like this weren't done and that's the bottom line, so that has to say something.

If it were total Sh@t I would be the first one to say so, but Baby, Baby, Baby it works for me ! smt183 smt156 and I like the video too.

Thank for posting.

PEP 8)

Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:00 pm

Nice one! One of my favourite Sun tracks, I just love the vocal somersaults on "baby" and it seems to fit this new genre and that new genre fit it. Not as good as the pure original but I'd be quite thrilled if I knew the clubs of Liverpool were rocing to this on a Saturday night, some of them might even want to hear the original.

Swithin I commend your forthright expression of disdain and I uphold your right to so express it. If I may, I'd like to watch you actualise your threat in the Farmer's Arms, I'll bring popcorn and have the engine running!

Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:53 pm

mr burrows wrote:I think this is a new remix :

Yes - Officially released Oct 31 - it's a remix by Italian Club DJ Agostino Carollo - aka Spankox who may be known from his HUGE club hit "To The Club".
Btw; Baby Let's Play House should also be available on Itunes (4 versions) :

- radio Edit
- Extended Mix
- Original master
- Ringtone

Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:36 pm

I thought the song and video were done very well! I agree the guy at the first in the white tee tank is a jerk though.... they should edit that part out... I liked it pretty good overall!

JEFF d
EP fan