Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:33 am

Any truth in this does anyone think? I have never seen these until now.

Part One
phpBB [video]



Part Two
phpBB [video]



Just watched both parts and was not aware that Vernon did a private autosopy on Elvis and these records were sealed until 2027, Is there any truth with that?

I struggle in believing that Elvis would have committed suicide.

DJL

Re: Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:58 pm

DJL wrote:Just watched both parts and was not aware that Vernon did a private autosopy on Elvis and these records were sealed until 2027, Is there any truth with that?

I struggle in believing that Elvis would have committed suicide.


I personally doubt Elvis commited sucide, nothing indicates this leading up to his last day on Earth.

David Stanley along with his Mother are not to be taken seriously.

They both are famous for their lies about Elvis Presley more than anything else.

There is a rumour going around that Dee Stanly had a long affair with her son David and that they both wanted to commit sucide together.

Funny how things start. :roll: :twisted:

PEP 8)

Re: Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:28 pm

DJL

Thanks for Posting, I hadn't seen those before. The only thing David Stanley got right in those clips were his additions.

It is true about the sealing of the Papers,

Re: Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:31 pm

As PEP said, what the Stanley's say are to be taken with a grain of salt. I saw this episode when it first aired and it didn't surprise me that David would make these allegations.

As far as the autopsy finding, they are (by request of Vernon at the time) to be sealed until 2027.

Re: Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:32 pm

Is there a reason why these reports are sealed? Does it always mean that it is a "cover up"?

DJL

Re: Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:35 pm

DJL wrote:Is there a reason why these reports are sealed? Does it always mean that it is a "cover up"?

DJL



I have no explanation as to why Vernon wanted the autopsy report sealed for fifty years.....

Re: Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:45 pm

I suppose the only way I could sord of understand that Elvis could have committed suicide is based on the theory that he knew so much about drugs because of his diligent study of the PDR. Would Elvis take all these medications to kill himself because of his frustrations with his life and the book that was coming out by Sonny and Red? Is this a legitimate theory or would some please anyone shut me down?

DJL

Re: Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:01 pm

DJL wrote:I suppose the only way I could sord of understand that Elvis could have committed suicide is based on the theory that he knew so much about drugs because of his diligent study of the PDR. Would Elvis take all these medications to kill himself because of his frustrations with his life and the book that was coming out by Sonny and Red? Is this a legitimate theory or would some please anyone shut me down?

DJL



Elvis never would have taken his own life...'nuff said....

Re: Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:16 pm

Tony Trout wrote:Elvis never would have taken his own life...'nuff said....


Certainly not with Lisa Marie staying with him........................

Re: Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:39 am

DJL wrote:
Is there a reason why these reports are sealed? Does it always mean that it is a "cover up"?


Yes .... and not always. We've been down this road before, but I believe the reason Vernon ordered a private autopsy and had the report sealed was to avoid embarassment and to cover up any evidence that implicated drugs in Elvis' death. Not that it's been a complete success. However, sealing the report may have kept the public from knowing even further gory details, in addition to autopsy photos. As Colin and others have said, it's extremely unlikely that Presley did himself in on purpose. Lisa was just down the hall. If he had planned to kill himself, I can't imagine he wouldn't have waited until she had left the house and returned to Priscilla. Secondly, he would have prepared better and not allowed himself to be found in the manner he was. I strongly believe that Elvis either miscalculated the amount or type of drugs he was taking and/or the drugs he took that morning had the unintended effect of causing heart failure after many years of abuse. We'll never know for sure what happened, but Elvis Presley did not enter that bathroom on August 16th with the intention of never coming out alive.

Re: Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:44 am

Wow EagleUSA,

Thanks for an awesome explanation. I appreciate you clarifying and shuting down the suicide theory more for me. I do have another a question. Let me preface it by saying that I am not trying to gross anyone out at all, but is it possible that Elvis died from constipation? Once again, I am being totally serious and not trying to be crude, mean or making a bad joke. I always wondered if maybe this was the real reason why he went to the bathroom and because of the amount of medication he was on caused him to die of constipation.

Please understand that I'm not trying to mock Elvis or put him down. He is my favorite singer of all time, but after years of dealing with mockery remarks from peers about him using the bathroom, I can't help but wonder if this could have been a reason. Again I apologize if this has been interpreted as degrading to Elvis because it is not my intent.

Has anyone ever thought of this?
DJL

Re: Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:37 pm

DJL wrote:Is there a reason why these reports are sealed? Does it always mean that it is a "cover up"?

DJL


Yes, is the short answer to the first question. and No is the short answer to the second question.
Elvis' death was never covered up. The reason for him dying may have been attempted to have been covered up.

Vernon was not allowed to order that the autopsy be sealed for 50 yers, and he never did any such thing. A judge made that ruling. Don't be fooled into thinking it becomes public after those 50 years either.

Dr Nick is the key to all this. He was the one that badly needed a cover up, not so much the Presley family. He had another agenda of his own to protect his involvement with prescriptions to EP.

Dr Nick and Maurice Elliot agreed that it would be best to get Vernon to sign an autopsy consent form in order that the autopsy was then private and not public.
He was the one that went back to Graceland and got Vernon to sign this.

It was because the autopsy was private that despite requests from the media to reveal the results a court judge ruled that it was to remain private for 50 years.
In 2027 there's nothing to stop EPE applying for an extension to this as it is still a private document should the media be involved again. Though I doubt it would offer anytihng new that hasn't now been in the media since.

Dr Nicks other activity in all this was to sign the death certificate. An illegal move on his part, hence why it took a little why before a proper one was drawn.

Also, don't be confused by many (especially non-Elvis sites) sites saying they have a two page autopsy report when all they have is a basic Medial Examiners preliminary report.

Re: Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:53 am

Chilling.

Elvis did commit suicide... slowly.
The fact that Lisa marie was at Graceland may not be valuable anymore to somebody who suffers severe depression and was overmedicated.
It is possible Elvis could not face reality just before going on tour after the book release.

David Stanley knows more than we do, he was there..
Everytime he speaks out I try to tackle his words, but I'm affraid he doesn't make up complete stories.
He does exaggerate them for sure.
When Elvis was found he immediately used the words "OD" and got rid of all drug related evidence in the bathroom.

He is still an a$$ in his way of communicating though..

New to me was the chemical expert who mentioned no medication was found in his system.
Whats that all about?

Maybe Dr Nick's book sheds new light on the subject.
Dr Nick mentioned they did get a weak heartbeat in the hospital during reanimation, which was remarkable.
But that makes him unreliable too.

Re: Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:31 pm

Robert, I think if you can't show intent then you can't accurately say Elvis did commit suicide.
I'm not saying he did or didn't, just that I think we can't show any intent, maybe give possibly motives for it, but that's about it.

His heart never did beat voluntarily at the Baptist.
He was given quite a few volts across his chest in order to arrest the heart to see if it would begin again on its own. The monitor did register the heart recieving these volts and I think that's where the confusion lay.

Stanley didn't use the words OD when Elvis was found - he wasn't even at Graceland then.
He did arrive back before the ambulance did and it was he who said to the para's that he thought it was an OD - not handy at all considering they didn't ask and he never said as to what excatly Elvis had OD'd on.

When trying to ascertain the events as best we can from those who were there, we really could do without Stanley and Dr Nick sometimes. :wink:

Re: Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:04 pm

Elvis was self destructive, to use his own words.
Another infamous quote, "I'd rather be unconcious, than feeling miserable"

Elvis knew his life was about to end in 1977.
It's hard to believe Elvis stepped out on purpose on August 16th.
But no one knows the definitive answer to that...

Anyway, how about Dr Marigian's statement?

Re: Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:40 pm

Well I disagree, I don't believe Elvis was self destructive, just that he could be if he wanted.
I've seen no evidence from Elvis that he knew he was going to die in 1977, only that he knew he would die.

The is evidence that Elvis was killed accidentaly by someone else, but that's another story for another time and even another place.

Re: Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:51 am

I've not watched the clips. I'd probably do an Elvis and shoot out the screen if I did. When is this from?

David Stanley has peddled the suicide theory before - he helped Albert Goldman write another discredited book to follow on from his hateography.

Do they tell you that Vernon Presley asked David Stanley outright if he'd killed his son? The greatest unsolved mystery is WHY Vernon suspected him of killing Elvis.

I find it rather odd that Stanley should revive the suicide theory that was dismissed years ago.

:?:

Re: Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:52 pm

Well I disagree, I don't believe Elvis was self destructive, just that he could be if he wanted.
I've seen no evidence from Elvis that he knew he was going to die in 1977, only that he knew he would die.

The is evidence that Elvis was killed accidentaly by someone else, but that's another story for another time and even another place.


Steve,

Elvis certainly said to Linda Thomson that he recognised that he had self destructive tendancies. By that, I think he knew he didn't look after himself in the best way. I also think Elvis was suffering from depression.

That said, that's a huge difference to Elvis taking his own life, which I will never believe was the case. Did Elvis know he was going to die in Aug 77 - now way. Did he suspect he was unwell, and not going to live to be an old man - possibly.

Elvis was killed accidentally by someone else? Potentially! I believe in the polypharmacy explaination - that some, or all of the various drugs in his system combined to have a greater commulative effect than each of the drugs would have had seperately. Now, if someone gave him one of those drugs, perhaps Lester Hoffman, without knowing what else was in Elvis system, that would to me count as accidental death.

Re: Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:30 am

DJL wrote:Any truth in this does anyone think?


RW is right,
Stanley: as always attention and $ seeking BS from A/Z

Re: Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:37 am

Elvis was self-destructive, quite probably unintentionally, but that does not indicate he was suicidal.
I believe that he took additional medication to calm his nerves in the lead-up to his first tour since the release of `the' book. Just the same I think he over-medicated before the Omaha June 19 show because he was nervous about being before the cameras.
Elvis seemed relatively active in the days leading up to his death, as evidenced by photos, and i could bnot fathom him committing suicide with his daughter at his side.
DJL's comments about constipation are also very valid. Elvis' poor diet and colon problem would have been a contributing factor to his heart attack.
Don't believe D. Stanley and don't waste your time watching his film.
Rick

Re: Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:20 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Elvis was killed accidentally by someone else? Potentially! I believe in the polypharmacy explaination - that some, or all of the various drugs in his system combined to have a greater commulative effect than each of the drugs would have had seperately. Now, if someone gave him one of those drugs, perhaps Lester Hoffman, without knowing what else was in Elvis system, that would to me count as accidental death.


Close.
The morning of his death Elvis bugged Tish Henley on the phone to sort out some meds for him, his excuse that day was that he had to get some sleep etc due to the pressures blah blah of the tour then starting etc etc.

Elvis was then dispensed meds by an unqualified person and the package was taken to his bedroom door by Aunt Delta.
This has never been disputed and as far as i know in part it became record at the inquest at which Tish Henley gave her account.

People often speak of a cover up surrounding Elvis' death and I've always said I believe there was one and to a degree quite rightly so given the circumstances. Nothing would bring Elvis back so it was damage limitation time. If someone accidentaly (through no ill intention) gave Elvis the wrong meds then that person would need protecting from the truth just as much as Elvis' corporate image would need protecting form the truth. Though a consequence in reutrn would be that they couldn't capitalise on their association with Elvis , ie, no books or similar.

A part of me wants to help keep the story quiet-ish because I sympathise and the other seeks to discover the truth if only to confirm or illiminate it as being the truth. As a compromise I don't mention the persons name (though i have in the past) but i know any fan would know who it was I refer to.

This is very much a "Steve_M thing" i know other fans don't buy into it, but a little time spent analysing a lot of the surrounding info from that time only goes to firm up the story, not dispell it. Please spend that time and then dismiss it rather than do so out of hand.

Re: Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:38 pm

I've always believed that they wanted to keep it sealed for 50 years so that it would protect those individuals who could be found at fault. By 2027, they'd all probably be dead by then. I'm not sure how EPE will handle the documents...they will most likely try their best to keep it under wraps. To them, they probably feel that the autopsy documents are probably as dangerous as the Elvis in Concert tapes.

Re: Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:28 am

Well that must have been the biggest coincidence when the judge ruled the term of 50 years as it was a private autopsy and no one elses business. Imagine that, that what they wanted also happened to be the same as what the judge ruled!

When 2027 comes along all EPE have to say is, "Autopsy report? Yes we do have it, and it's still no one else business but ours so go get stuffed Mr reporter, or if you continue to hound us we'll apply to the courts to get another 50 years privacy"

Re: Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:58 am

Steve_M wrote:Well that must have been the biggest coincidence when the judge ruled the term of 50 years as it was a private autopsy and no one elses business. Imagine that, that what they wanted also happened to be the same as what the judge ruled!

When 2027 comes along all EPE have to say is, "Autopsy report? Yes we do have it, and it's still no one else business but ours so go get stuffed Mr reporter, or if you continue to hound us we'll apply to the courts to get another 50 years privacy"


Yup that's prolly what will happen. I'm not sure why I would like them files to be released-but I certainly would like to see them released. Perhaps for me, it will be an act of finally closing the book regarding his death. To me and many people here--they probably don't need an official autopsy report to provide that closure. But at the same time, it will eliminate any lingering stories that are hovering over the "real" cause of Elvis' death that others claim (i.e. suicide, cancer and etc...).

Re: Has Anyone Seen this? Unsolved Mysteries Elvis?

Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:01 am

I know that if I was going to off myself tomorrow, the first thing I would do is go to the dentist for an extremely fun filled visit of teeth cleaning!

Celebrate Elvis in life!