Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

The Last Farewell

Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:16 pm

I just uploaded the first 9 minutes or so of this video I just put over onto dvd awhile back. It is not the same footage that is on the "Adios" video, which was created by LP out in Arkansas. This is the real footage from Indy '77, except of course for My Way and Unchained Melody. Anyhow, hope you all like it
phpBB [video]

Last edited by MattC on Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: The Last Farwell

Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:49 pm

Is this your home movie footage?

Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:39 am

Nope Doc, just a videotape I bought off of Ebay a long time ago. I always thought the quality wasn't all that great (no close-ups) but watching it again, sober, makes a person have better judgement. Paid a hundred and fifty for it, that was when I was new to the whole footage collecting world

Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:01 am

One wonders where the original film might be? And how much was captured.

Thank you for the link.

Presley really was in a good mood that Sunday night, it must have helped sleeping at home on Saturday. Or maybe Elvis was giddy about it being Tom Parker's 68th birthday.

Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:34 am

Personally, I think there was more than one camera filming him that night. I have a very small clip from a video that shows Elvis very close up and the quality is excellent. But it only lasts for about 8 seconds. June 26th proved to be a fatefull day in more ways than one. Elvis' last show, Vernon dying two years later to the day. Before I ever got this video I thought it was going to show Elvis completely out of his head but I think it shows him doing a very good concert. You can tell the weight was there, but other than that a very good show. Glad you liked the clip Doc :D

Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:39 am

Thanks again. Keep up the good work, this forum needs more fans like you.

Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:50 am

there were 6 cameras recording at the Indy show, I have a very close to 1st generation for 3 of the angles. At any rate, the whole show is on another dvd called coincidentally "The Last Farewell - Elvis' Real Final Performance"

HURT
phpBB [video]

BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER
phpBB [video]

JAZZING IN VEGAS
phpBB [video]

enjoy

Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:17 am

the video you have posted is on the dvdr The FInal Tour, it has Kansaas City, Madison, Cincinnati, and Indy. The last Unchained Melody i uploaded here was from that dvd.

Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:00 am

Yep, it's on that video as well. I'm just glad I got a copy on vhs before all these videos started being made, or else it would have been hard telling what the source would have been from. Being as picky as I am on videos I was very satisfied with the results after transfering it over to dvd. The producers of this video had a web site address on the case but when I went to it, it was no longer there. Pity really because it also has previews of other videos that they were planning on releasing

Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:34 am

great videos - thanks for sharing
rick