Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

DVDs

Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:29 pm

hi,

I have just received a copy of Through My Eyes (on tour) from EBay. Unfortunately, both disks will not play properly on my DVD. Of the clips I can watch the sound is very good and the picture varies from good to poor. How Great Thou Art from Hampton was excellent. Does anyone know what quality to expect from this release overall? Is it patchy? Clearly, the DVD's should actually play rather than blocking/freezing! Also, whether it is still possible to get an pseudo-official STAR verison of this? If so, how?

Viewing the footage last night got me thinking about the stuff released so far. I have seen quite a bit from Hampton and Greensboro and YouTube seems to have CC Rider from San Antonio (we already have PM, NBTS and BL from the original). Does anyone know if there is more footage out there of Richmond or San Antonio?

I still have to shake my head as to why this hasn't had an official release yet. There is clearly some exceptional footage in the MGM vaults. The added Elvis dialogue added a lot more to the overall theme and would have improved the original I reckon.

cheers Jamie :D

Re: DVDs

Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:34 am

I enjoyed this DVD very much, the quality is different from song to song but is mostly very good. The Madison Square Garden footage is not of highest class but this has to do with the source. There is actually a bad sounding segment from April 5-th rehearsal I think (or is it 9-th?), but I still enjoyed having this piece of history.

Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:48 pm

I got mine yesterday and managed to watch only disc 1. It was fantastic, as Yuri mentioned the picture quality changes all the time from great (these are the extracts from official On Tour) to okay. It's never horrible. I enjoyed every minute.

Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:40 pm

thanks guys. I managed to watch a bit more last night after trying the disks on my PC. I love the Big Hunk of Love and Burning love studio clips. I think the sound quality is really good to. Unfortunately, I am having to send off for a replacement as many tracks just wont play. I wish MGM would get their finger out and make an official release.

cheers Jamie
:D

Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:24 pm

Try writing your faulty disc onto your hard drive via dvd shrink or decryptor and then writing it onto another disc, might help with playback if its just your player struggling with it.