Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

Gene Simmons on Elvis

Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:39 pm

hasn't got a clue

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&fg=rss&vid=db7b501b-4988-4586-8fce-6a2f02801136&from=imbot_default

Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:53 pm

I have that DVD James and to be fair to Gene Simmons that was just a tiny bit of what he actually said about Elvis. I wrote on this site about it a little while ago in Off Topic under the header For Genesim.

Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:03 pm

I never could stand him.

Re: Gene Simmons on Elvis

Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:49 am

JamesVRoy wrote:hasn't got a clue ...

He's a money-whore, but thank God he made all those great records first, like "Lick It Up."

Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:43 am

i just watched this and man , this guy is so far in left field he couldn't find home plate if he wanted to . he is completey wrong in every aspect of what he said about elvis . in fact he should bow down before a elvis picture and ask for forgivness for being the reject he is . elvis is rock n roll and if he could even lick the awesome from elvis' boots then he could act liek he know's what he is talking about . also i am not a kiss fan , to demonique for me . i perfer the original , the one and only and ever will be king of rock - elvis presley

Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:46 am

elviscollector101 wrote:i just watched this and man , this guy is so far in left field he couldn't find home plate if he wanted to . he is completey wrong in every aspect of what he said about elvis . in fact he should bow down before a elvis picture and ask for forgivness for being the reject he is . elvis is rock n roll and if he could even lick the awesome from elvis' boots then he could act liek he know's what he is talking about . also i am not a kiss fan , to demonique for me . i perfer the original , the one and only and ever will be king of rock - elvis presley

What??

Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:16 am

Little Darlin wrote:What??

He is basically saying "Gene Simmons is an idiot."

Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:05 am

Sorry, I didn't mean to knock Gene and my point got lost between the Subject title and text body. Basically I'm saying he doesn't have a clue about Elvis with respect to the subject he brings up in the video. The whole bit about the Colonel telling Ed Sullivan not to film Elvis below the waist to create controversy is giving the colonel way too much credit. He sounds very uniformed about Elvis in everything he said about him in that clip, hence clueless.

Kiss on the other hand was a great band with a lot of hits, though I never listened to them much. I met Gene once and took his photo, thought it was cool of him to thank me for asking before I took it.

Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:30 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
JamesVRoy wrote:hasn't got a clue ...

He's a money-whore, but thank God he made all those great records first, like "Lick It Up."

Yes, he was quite an inventive artist. :roll:

Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:05 am

and what about his reputation as a ladies' man - would put Elvis to shame

Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:11 pm

rickeap wrote:and what about his reputation as a ladies' man - would put Elvis to shame

One might say Elvis had his pick of the litter, as opposed to whatever or whomever Simmons spent time with.