Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

star fantasy concert - streaming

Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:16 pm

Anybody who has not seen this DVD can now watch it online.

Watch the full concert on megavideo (like youtube)
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=B34X6ACU
opening theme

each song is isted.

Great video

Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:12 pm

Top notch Star DVD....like all of them..marvellous..!!!!

From fans for fans.. :wink:

Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:19 pm

Looks interresting, but hope it`s still there tomorrow....then I`ll have the time to watch...looking foreward to it 8)

Thanks a lot for posting :D

Elvisa

Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:40 pm

Is this done with Star's permission ? :shock:

Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:47 pm

Of course not. At least it wont get as much views as if it was on youtube. So it shouldnt damage Star as much.

Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:21 pm

Guys, a lot of time and work went into this STAR release, like any other one, and I for one don't approve of it being bootlegged on free-video-server sites.

Short excerpts and clips, ok, but not the full DVD.

Sorry.

If you think this is worth the money, then buy it, and don't download it .....

Cheers

BC55

Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:42 pm

Same here, fortunatelly that echoes most of the forum.

Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:29 pm

Very Cool !

A lot of that footage I had not seen before.

Out of curiosity sake, does anyone know the exact dates of the footage?

PEP 8)

Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:30 pm

omnipresence wrote:Of course not. At least it wont get as much views as if it was on youtube. So it shouldnt damage Star as much.

How come people don't get how wrong this all is, and how unfair it is to the people behind these releases ?? The guys at Star (or Southern Comfort or whoever) spend a lot of time and money on a project, but "fans" think it is great to upload them for other "happy fans" to have for free.

Star DVDs are not expensive, and not hard to buy, so come on guys and gals, give them a break !!!!

Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:31 pm

PEP wrote:Very Cool !

PEP 8)

No, not cool :roll: :evil:

What hope have we got eh ?? :roll:

Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:07 pm

BIGREDG wrote:
PEP wrote:Very Cool !

PEP 8)

No, not cool :roll: :evil:

What hope have we got eh ?? :roll:

BIGREDG you have to remember when I said cool, I'm talking about the footage, the reasons for the footage being there is not something you or I can control.

With respect to what Star has done here I can certainly appreciate the hard work they have done, however the catch 22 is if I play Devil Advocate here since this is considered a bootleg, Star cannot whine or complain about some Elvis fans getting this material for free, it is happening on both sides of the coin, meaning they are not paying any of the song writers for use of the material plus we can only guess the original owner of the footage unlikely got or received anything for their trouble either and so in the end No one is really filling their pockets except Star on any of their projects.

So in one way it is all pure profit for them which I doubt is the real reason why they are doing any of this anyway, but still whatever pocket money they get out of this I'm guessing they are happy with what they get or they wouldn't be doing as many DVD's as they have done all ready to be released to the Elvis fans.

Of course once the material gets into some of the dealers hands, I'm sure they also all make copies of the material from the one copy they may buy maybe directly from Star and then it just goes from there.

So I wouldn't worry about Star too much. I'm sure they do expect this to happen.

I'm not saying this is right or wrong what I am saying is it is what it is.

PEP 8)

Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:34 pm

looks great
how can it be purchased?
Rick

Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:44 pm

Star is DVD-R..you got to trade for it..I think..

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:11 pm

Star is DVD-R..you got to trade for it..I think..

Negatory. I'll start an extra thread for anyone who's interested in buying STAR products direct from them, you just add a post and I'll contact STAR and ask them to PM you or post an e-dress for your orders, how's that ?

Cheers

BC55

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:35 pm

Good idea BC55 - these guys deserve a bit of support.

As I said before, the DVDs are not expensive, and involve a lot of work, so the "pure profit" comment is a bit unfair.

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:57 pm

BIGREDG wrote:Good idea BC55 - these guys deserve a bit of support.

As I said before, the DVDs are not expensive, and involve a lot of work, so the "pure profit" comment is a bit unfair.

To help define what I meant, is No royalty of any kind is paid.

Obviously it costs Star money for other things such as the DVD's the investment in the program to do the editing, the investment in the inserts and the jackets if they provide these thing's plus the one of the most important things the time, the talent and the effort it takes to do these type of DVD's.

PEP 8)

Hi

Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:24 pm

It's a bloody shame.

I feel strongly that Star should contact EPE and RCA/BMG that the footage is being put on the internet like this.

Come on guys, it's not pleasant for the people of Star, but they ripped the footage and music themselves in the first place.

It's like a thief who goes to the police when his stuff is being stolen.

Cheers
Simon

Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:26 am

Last edited by Steve_M on Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi

Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:39 am

Hi Steve,

I read what you say and morally of course you are right, you spent many an hour re-doing things and enhancing and what not, and it's kinda like your baby then, and you don't want to see it ripped off.

But legally of course there is not a leg to stand on, you can work on the footage for donkey's years, it still doesn't make you the copyrigt owner of the footage, be it sound and/or music.

I love the work you do by the way, you can do wonders with footage as we all know!

Cheers
Simon

Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:17 am