Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

msq-thats alright mama - multiple screen pro-shot footage

Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:47 am

just like you to see this amazing footage of thats alright mama pro-shot at
msg 72 enjoy.this is the kind of stuff epe/bmg should be releasing. 8)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=12QcxitBBQY&NR=1

Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:07 am

Pity that this "pro" camerman couldn't find the zoom or focus levers :D

Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:33 am

Very cool, now that's charisma times three :smt023

Thanks for posting :wink:

PEP 8)

Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:56 am

It doesn't look like pro shot footage.

I think if EPE owned pro shot film of MSG they would use it.

Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:38 pm

Me wrote:It doesn't look like pro shot footage.

It isn't. Much of it was filmed by Bob Heis. Also, the footage on the far left isn't strictly from Madison Square Garden. It is edited with a couple of clips from Vegas in August thrown in.

Did no one notice that his cape is suddenly missing?

Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:34 pm

Rob wrote:
Me wrote:It doesn't look like pro shot footage.

It isn't. Much of it was filmed by Bob Heis. Also, the footage on the far left isn't strictly from Madison Square Garden. It is edited with a couple of clips from Vegas in August thrown in.

Did no one notice that his cape is suddenly missing?

I did noticed the Vegas shots right away too, because of the different belt and stage, plus I've seen these clips before.

With respect to this being professionally filmed, I believe there is a good chance the afternoon show and the middle show are 16mm clips, however for the afternoon show, we have never had the opportunity to see this in mint quality, the middle clip again does appear to be 16mm, however sadly filmed to far from the stage where the lens used coming in as close as it can, still does not do the trick.

The other clip on the far left hand side, where he is wearing the "Port Hole"suit, tough to tell if that is 16mm for the Madison clips, because the quality is so bad, but there are some really good close up shots there indicating someone was certainly fairly close this time around too, unlikely a 8mm lens would have gotten One that close, even being in the first few rows, One gets closer with the lens further on down the line in the show that we do not see in this clip.

PEP 8)

Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:15 pm

The footage in the middle is pro footage, I think it was shot by ABC. As for the others the one on the right hand sife is by Bob Heis. The first clip shown on the left has to be 8mm in my opinion, because there is a pro camera on Elvis' right that filmed for at least 3 of the 4 shows, I doubt they would have one in the crowd on the other side. It dosent make sense to me.

I suppose the second clip shown on the left could be pro recorded, I expect we will have to wait and see if the origional ever gets released. Then again, if you watch the complete footage you will see the security walking past the camera and allowing it to continue recording, that suggests to me that it is either pro, or the person recording had a permit. Bob Heis had one, so maybe the cameraman filming on this occasion did too.
On the other hand it could be from a TV crew.

That would add another camera to the two allready confirmed pro devices. In the mean time I've actually been enhancing some of the footage from MSG and even then it is a stretch to call it pro. I'll post some of my results later on today.

Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:07 am

omnipresence wrote:The footage in the middle is pro footage, I think it was shot by ABC. As for the others the one on the right hand sife is by Bob Heis. The first clip shown on the left has to be 8mm in my opinion, because there is a pro camera on Elvis' right that filmed for at least 3 of the 4 shows, I doubt they would have one in the crowd on the other side. It dosent make sense to me.

I suppose the second clip shown on the left could be pro recorded, I expect we will have to wait and see if the origional ever gets released. Then again, if you watch the complete footage you will see the security walking past the camera and allowing it to continue recording, that suggests to me that it is either pro, or the person recording had a permit. Bob Heis had one, so maybe the cameraman filming on this occasion did too.
On the other hand it could be from a TV crew.

That would add another camera to the two allready confirmed pro devices. In the mean time I've actually been enhancing some of the footage from MSG and even then it is a stretch to call it pro. I'll post some of my results later on today.

omnipresence you mention Heis had a permit, out of curiosity how do you know this?

Was he then using a 16mm camera and if so, is there a better copy out there some where of what he filmed?

PEP 8)

Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:22 pm

I know this through a process of elimination, Heis' film was always confiscated when he didnt have a permit, so I am assuming that he did have a permit on this occasion, otherwise his film would never have seen the light of day.

He filmed with an 8mm camera on this occasion, I dont know of any time where he used a 16mm camera. I was saying that the person who filmed the longer clip on the left hand side, may have been using a 16mm camera, but I think it is most likely 8mm.

I'm planning on creating a more in depth topic on MSG footage with rare angles etc, later on today (possibly tomorrow). I'll post clips so we can discuss it more fully. I just have to finish some work before hand.

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:55 pm

Apparently there was a copyright issue with JAT Publishing.... the clip is gone.

Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:01 pm

I thaught they might. The pro footage was on Hot Shots and Cool Clips 1