Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

Houston 1971 footage .

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:00 am

I just finished overdubbing footage from the houston 71 show with afternoon in the gardens audio. Was difficult to get it a bit sychronised,because the houston version was done quicker...but hope you likeit anyway!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f7qacDpIy2s

Re: Houston 1971 footage .

Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:44 am

Nora Sivle wrote:I just finished overdubbing footage from the houston 71 show with afternoon in the gardens audio.
Was difficult to get it a bit sychronised,because the houston version was done quicker...but hope you likeit anyway!

Neatly done !

The lip-synching difficulties you had could have been lessened if you had used the Houston audio, or the MSG visual !

I guess these aren't available...................

Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:00 pm

Yep , if there was a good soundboard from houston i would have used that one,but the sound on the footage was to bad so I tried this instead!
Other 71 concerts are not that great in sound either....just want to show some great footage that not everybody has seen,and for the ones who allready know it ,it's maybe nice to see it in another way!

Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:22 pm

Thanks.

Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:36 pm

Thanks!

The video-quality of this clip seems very good. Where does it come from? How much more of the footage from this date exist/has been released?

Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:35 am

Russian fan wrote:Thanks!

The video-quality of this clip seems very good. Where does it come from? How much more of the footage from this date exist/has been released?
I have it on a dvd just called houston 71(bootleg)
And it contains lots of bits and pieces ,with a few almost complete songs, the quality is great (footage) The audio is what seems to be original,but out of synch a lot...but great footage overall!

Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:37 am

Juan Luis wrote:Thanks.

And the same to you off course (for all your mp3s) :wink:

Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:04 am

Russian fan wrote:Thanks!

The first time this footage saw the light of day was through the B e h i n d The image DVD series without sound of course, soon after the DVD's release EWJ added audio to the footage and actually they did a pretty good job where you couldn't really tell that the audio they used wasn't from the same show, but of course whatever they did was soon pulled from youtube, which I forsee this footage going eventually too if they see it posted.

Anyway here's their trailer
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=nqS0HcUUQb0

PEP 8)

Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:30 am

Doesn't Bud Glass own this footage? I had put footage from this show up on my youtube channel awhile back and it went over well until it was pulled. I think some others on here had the same thing to happen to them concerning footage Mr. Glass :smt018 owns

Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:35 am

Don't just call out Bud -- Mr. Tunzi has also done the same with YouTube clips culled from his DVD releases. What these guys should do is post these clips themselves, and use them as PR for the DVDs.

Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:44 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Don't just call out Bud -- Mr. Tunzi has also done the same with YouTube clips culled from his DVD releases. What these guys should do is post these clips themselves, and use them as PR for the DVDs.

I wonder tho Doc, if they would post with the audio as well, unlikely.

MattC wrote:Doesn't Bud Glass own this footage? I had put footage from this show up on my youtube channel awhile back and it went over well until it was pulled. I think some others on here had the same thing to happen to them concerning footage Mr. Glass :smt018 owns

That's the catch 22 of it all MattC, they own it, plus they are the ones that paid the money for the footage, so after all it is their right, to do what they please.

PEP 8)

Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:59 am

My old you tube account allready has been deleted. because of the TTWII,footage i used...
I don't make these clips for comercial reasons,I only have some fun editing music and video's ,and then maybe show others something they've never seen before, but I always (at least mostly) refer to the source where the footage,and music came from .

I did'nt know this footage also was "not done " for you tube use!
But at least now everybody knows :wink:

Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:10 am

Nora Sivle wrote:My old you tube account allready has been deleted. because of the TTWII,footage i used...
I don't make these clips for comercial reasons,I only have some fun editing music and video's ,and then maybe show others something they've never seen before, but I always (at least mostly) refer to the source where the footage,and music came from .

I did'nt know this footage also was "not done " for you tube use!
But at least now everybody knows :wink:

Hey, I'm on your side I totally understand, but then again I guess I understand how some of these guys feel too, personally youtube and website's like youtube are the best thing that could have ever happen for us fans, I've seen stuff on their that I never knew existed and it is a real bumper when one of the owners goes out of their way to have the material deleted.

But I guess it is what it is and will continue to be a battle for some for some time.

I just hope in the long run for us that it doesn't keep the unreleased footage away too that we might of had the opportunity to see, but then again there is that catch 22 as well to buy or not to buy.

But here again there is nothing like seeing great footage have audio added to it. :wink:

PEP 8)

Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:41 am

PEP wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Don't just call out Bud -- Mr. Tunzi has also done the same with YouTube clips culled from his DVD releases. What these guys should do is post these clips themselves, and use them as PR for the DVDs.

I wonder tho Doc, if they would post with the audio as well, unlikely.

Good point!

But it sure is more fun with the appropriate audio.

Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:53 am

Awesome footage!

Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:16 am

I agree with everything that has been said. I just don't understand what it hurts if people put their footage up on you tube. I mean the quality is greatly reduced, to the point where anyone in their right mind wouldn't want to burn it to disc or anything, I know I don't waste my time on doing it. But as already stated it's "their" footage, they can do with it as they see fit. I would love to buy up some footage that's never been released and watch some of the well known collectors who have already been mentioned cringe over it :D

Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:37 am

MattC wrote:I agree with everything that has been said. I just don't understand what it hurts if people put their footage up on you tube. I mean the quality is greatly reduced, to the point where anyone in their right mind wouldn't want to burn it to disc or anything, I know I don't waste my time on doing it. But as already stated it's "their" footage, they can do with it as they see fit. I would love to buy up some footage that's never been released and watch some of the well known collectors who have already been mentioned cringe over it :D

Outside looking in I think these guys feel the fans won't bother buying their stuff if is offered for Free which kinda makes sense and is understandable, no matter if the quality isn't as good as what they offer if you buy the dvd directly from them.

An certainly once seen with audio, it is unlikely most will go out of their way to buy for sure....

I mean I buy everything these guys put out so my consciences is clear.

PEP 8)
Last edited by PEP on Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:59 am

Thanks for the asnwers, Nora Sivle and PEP! Now I'm beginning the hunting over these DVD (s)

Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:11 pm

Russian fan wrote:Thanks for the asnwers, Nora Sivle and PEP! Now I'm beginning the hunting over these DVD (s)
just see what this clip did....hunting for these dvd's...can you get a better example ?
No thanks bud gl-ass-praytomb jat people.. :wink:

Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:27 pm

Sound Forge software allows you to speed or slow audio without changing the pitch. I can help you find that

Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:47 pm

Narek wrote:Sound Forge software allows you to speed or slow audio without changing the pitch. I can help you find that

I do have that one, But I now use Sound Forge 9.0, wich is not as good as Sound Forge 8.0. Lots of functions are deleted in SF 9.0
I don't like to adjust speed on music,I prefer to adjust the footage ,but it was a good hint thanks Marek.