Here you can also post any related video's of Elvis too, except impersonator video's where they imitate Elvis' voice of material he recorded.

Elvis - Complete video of Birmingham, AL 12/29/76

Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:03 am

Great video of complete show. Thought you guys might enjoy this.

Elvisly,

Lindas

Re: Elvis - Complete video of Birmingham, AL 12/29/76

Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:27 am

"Everybody lay out here except David Briggs." That was a transcendent moment, when Elvis sings a verse of "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" in a manner we've never heard before. Just a soft Presley vocal and synthesized Briggs, sounding very much like the Roberta Flack record.

Thanks, Linda!

Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:44 am

You're welcome, Elvisjock. I remember it was so cold and we had some ice in Atlanta that night. I am petrified of driving on ice, but nothing could have stopped me from going to that show! LOL

When we got near the arena, we stopped to get gas and directions. The guy who pumped our gas just looked in the car with four/five females in it, and just laughed and said, "don't tell me, you need directions to Elvis, don't you?" It was a fun night. :)

Elvisly,

Linda

Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:41 am

Wow, what a treat Linda. Thanks so much! A terrific performance by Elvis that evening in Birmingham. You were fortunate to be there for the show. Although there was a short turn around before driving back to Atlanta for the show the next night! But, I know you will agree, it was all worth it.

Terrific show and set list. I have many pictures which I've purchased from Keith Alverson and others from that show. When I listen to the FTD release of this show I look through those pictures and kind of get an audio/visual experience. To be sure, it's not like watching the video or the memories you have of the show.

I laughed reading your story about the gas station attendant. Great stuff!! Thanks again.

rlj

Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:02 am

This is the show that he tells Ginger to "Stay here on the very end." He wanted her to see his moves at the very closing of the performance.

He glances to his right and tells her this at 1:11:21.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:41 pm

Rob on Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:02 pm wrote:This is the show that he tells Ginger to "Stay here on the very end." He wanted her to see his moves at the very closing of the performance.

He glances to his right and tells her this at 1:11:21.

So she wanted to leave?

Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:26 pm

Normally, she would head to the waiting car at the beginning of his closing number.

On this particular night he told her to stay.

Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:40 am

Tyvm Linda for this show